MEMBER TESTING: ALL-NEW TaylorMade P790 Irons! Get Them Before Anyone Else!

knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,145 mod
edited Aug 13, 2019 6:29pm in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

TaylorMade Golf and GolfWRX are giving three lucky members exclusive access to the new 2019 P790 irons! Each winner will get a full set, 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 stiff flex shafts, shipped quickly and directly right to them. Be the first person at your home track to have TM’s new gear weeks before your buddies can even see 'em at the golf shop! Sound good?

If you haven't seen the new 2019 TaylorMade P790 irons yet, check out our article HERE and our in-hand photos HERE. TaylorMade has redesign the legendary P790 with a thinner face for seven percent more ball speed and Progressive Inverted Cone Technology (PICT), which allows for more forgiveness and accuracy across the face. TM has also added tungsten weighting to lower the CG for higher ball flight. The new P790 irons still have the famous TaylorMade SpeedFoam for helping increase speed through design as well as improving sound and feel. The topline is thinner, and the irons also feature shorter blade lengths in the 7-PW for a more compact look.

The Prize
TaylorMade P790 Irons
4-PW
True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 S300 (Stiff) shafts
Standard length, lie, and loft
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grips, standard size

*We know that the specs above do not fit everyone. If you are willing to have the irons adjusted/reshafted to your desired specs at your own cost, please feel free to enter as well!

How to Enter
City and State (US Only):
Handicap:
Current Irons:
Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons:
If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?

That's it, make sure to apply now!

Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
Post edited by knudson81 on

Comments

• knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,145 mod

APPLY NOW!

Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • cobra18cobra18 MNMembers Posts: 15 ✭✭

City and State (US Only): Windom, MN
    Handicap: 16.9
    Current Irons: Callaway Rogue
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Intrigued by the speed foam, very interested in flight and sound.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Of Course!

• anthony007anthony007 Members Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

Defiance - Ohio
    Handicap: 5
    Current Irons: ping i210
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: higher toe and thinner face
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? YES

• ALTSeanALTSean VirginiaMembers Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Annandale, VA
    Handicap: 11
    Current Irons: TaylorMade M5
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: thinner top line and lower tungsten for forgiveness
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? YES!!!

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Mt Arlington, NJ
    Handicap: +1.3
    Current Irons: Srixon 785 (3-PW)
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: love the subtle design differences to last year, as well as their CG location pushing a bit lower in the head than the last version.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely! (to all aspects)

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / HZRDUS Smoke Green Hulk 60 6.5TX tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Bedminster, NJ
    Handicap: 12
    Current Irons: TaylorMade P770
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Same sleek look.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    '16 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 7:24pm #8

City and State (US Only): St Petersburg, FL
    Handicap: 8
    Current Irons: 2011 Nike VR Pro Combo
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: A players look with forgiveness
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely. I play weekly and have a SkyTrak that I can use to compare to my current irons and provide data to the GolfWRX community. I have been intrigued to see if irons in the "players distance" category would improve my game and this would be a great opportunity to put it to the test. I have a set of X100's and a set of KBS Tour V 125's that I would put in these heads to see which is the best fit. If selected, I will pay it forward and give the DG 105's to another GolfWRX member at no cost. Thanks for the opportunity!

Post edited by JStang on
    M4 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | Nike VR Pro Combo | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Scotty SS Newport 2 350
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

City and state: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Currently irons: Nike vapor pro/pro combos with c taper x
    Favorite feature of the new p790: thinner top line and overall appearance
    Yes for a full review!

• DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Garnerville, NY
    Handicap: 1
    Current Irons: TaylorMade P770 (6-PW) and P790 (4, 5)
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Love the sleeker look at setup!
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes, absolutely!!!

TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

• Ti-Cip Ti-Cip Members Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): santa rosa, ca
    Handicap: 7
    Current Irons: p760
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: looking to see if players looking setup and looks designed with forgiveness and distance actually does exist?
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? not a problem!!

• HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 2:45pm #12

City and State (US only): Pfafftown, NC
    Current Irons: JPX 919 Tour
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Cosmetics! Best looking iron out there. Huge plus now with shorter heel/toe length and more thin topline, chromed out finish looks amazing this year.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes!

TaylorMade M5 9 deg - Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW - TT DG X7
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • oldpalchampoldpalchamp Members Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this opportunity!

City and State: Naperville, IL
    Handicap: 10
    Current Irons: Callaway Apex CF16
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 Irons: Love the way TaylorMade packed so much technology into a very traditional looking iron!

I would be honored to be chosen for this and would gladly participate in a full review with photos.

• Natural1Natural1 Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Atlanta, GA
    Handicap: 3.0
    Current Irons: Taylormade P760
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Visual changes (Less offset in long irons, thinner top line, more compact mid & short irons)
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes

Thanks for the opportunity!

• NeubcatNeubcat Members Posts: 3

City and State (US Only): Vista, CA
    Current Irons: Ping iBlade
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Extra distance/ forgiveness in a compact shape
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes

• hyperioniveshyperionives Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

Amherst, MA
    Handicap: 2
    Current Irons: Srixon 765
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons:
    While I would have to get these reshafted and MOI matched as my current ones are, I would be very curious to see the how the speed foam performs. I got an M5 this year and its amazing along with a spider putter. Given how the m5 and spider perform (amazing) I think the irons would be the same (or better).
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? yes

• NeubcatNeubcat Members Posts: 3

City and State (US Only): Vista, CA
    Current Irons: Ping iBlades
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Extra distance/ forgiveness is a compact shape.

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Tustin, CA
    Handicap:10.6
    Current Irons: Apex 19
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Thinner top line, chrome finish

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • JRS1939JRS1939 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Phoenix, Arizona
    Handicap: 8
    Current Irons: TaylorMade P790 Blacks
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Thinner topline and offset
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? 110% I would love the opportunity!

• OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed Ocean StateClubWRX Posts: 2,401 ClubWRX

City and State (US Only): North Kingstown, RI
    Handicap: 9.0
    Current Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preffered MC 3-PW

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: The sleekness and how clean the irons are. The technology that is the clubs screams power but clean. I loved the Current Generation when I hit them - these ones look awesome!

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely! (to all aspects)

M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • tommaso05tommaso05 Members Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Columbus, OH
    Handicap: 8.3
    Current Irons: Ping iE1
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: The overall (smaller) size and shape
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Will be more than happy to!

Thanks

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
    King Cobra F6 3/4H 20.5' - Aldila Tour Blue 85H 2.3 X
    Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - DG Tour Issue S400
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7
  • Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members Posts: 499 ✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Charlotte, NC
    Handicap: 6.9
    Current Irons: OG P790’s
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Thinner face, sleeker design, and pinched toe.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? 1000% yes!!!

Would be more than happy to put my current shafts in and bend to match exactly my current p790 setup for a true 1:1 comparison.

• revanantrevanant Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 3:17pm #23

City/State: NYC, NY
    Handicap: 25
    Current Irons: Mizuno MP-4 with Project X 6.0 (bent 2 degrees strong)
    Backup set: Titleist 716 CB with Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff
    Favorite feature of new P-790s: Smaller head size/thinner topline
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes!

My building has a golf simulator as part of the amenities package and I live 20 minutes from my course, so I’ll be able to post photos with detailed ball data (club speed, ball speed, backspin, carry, etc.), along with on-course findings.

I recently hit the current P790s in the stock DG 105, and was surprised to find I still had good spin numbers despite the stronger lofts. I’d be really curious to put these up against my current irons and see if I wouldn’t benefit from higher ballspeed and forgiveness—or if I wind up struggling with some low spin shots in real world conditions.

Example of sim data:

Cobra King LTD
    Cobra F8 3W
    Cobra F6 Baffler 5W
    Mizuno MP-4 w/ Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54-10 M
    Mizuno JPX 58-14
    Ping Redwood D66

• SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): San Antonio TX
    Handicap: 8.2
    Current Irons: P730
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Higher Toe!! And overall appearance.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? YES

Taylormade M5 - PX Hzrdus HC Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade M4 3W - Fuji Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Taylormade M3 3H - PX Hzrdus HC Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130X
    Titleist Vokey SM7- 50* 54* 60* - DG S400
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #3
    ProV1 X

• SuddziesSuddzies Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Fort Worth, Texas
    Handicap:5.1
    Current Irons: Srixon 585/785
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: thinner face, more ball speed
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes, would lover the opportunity.

• BLF0901BLF0901 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 3:13pm #26

City and State (US Only): Carmel, Indiana
    Handicap: 11.4
    Current Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: foam-filled, hollow body construction
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes, yes, 1,000 times yes

• youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Handicap: 14
    Current Irons: Callaway apex pro 19
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: ict (inverted cone tech)
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes would love to participate

• RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,712 ClubWRX

City and State (US Only): Alexandria, VA
    Handicap: 1.5 trending up
    Current Irons: P760 or Blueprint
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: refined head shape. Especially top line and toe
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely

• ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): San Francisco, CA
    Handicap: 19
    Current Irons: P790 (Gen 1)
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Lower CG via tungsten weighting
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? **** yeah! Thanks for the chance!

TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

• n_ronesn_rones New YorkMembers Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭✭

City and State (US Only): Ballston Lake NY
    Current Irons: Srixon Z745
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: the slimmer look of them over the old ones.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely!

Srixon Z785 9.5° HC HZRDUS Black 6.5 75
    Srixon F85 15° GD Tour AD DI-6s
    Srixon Z H85 19° Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Srixon Z565 4 iron KBS Tour FLT S
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour R+
    Srixon Z745 A Wedge 51° KBS Tour Custom Black 
    Cleveland RTX 3 CB 55°
    Taylormade HI-Toe 58°
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5 Stability Shaft
  • RPantelloRPantello Members Posts: 320 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 3:32pm #31

City and State (US Only): Norwalk, CT
    Handicap: 4.9
    Current Irons: Titleist 710 AP2 (Probably the oldest irons of anyone on GolfWrx)
    Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons:Slightly smaller, more compact design and lowering COG for a higher ball flight.
    If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?100%, no questions asked.

This discussion has been closed.