***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Advice on Purchasing Tottenham Tickets

helper_monkey ·  
helper_monkeyhelper_monkey Members  237WRX Points: 96Handicap: 6.7Posts: 237 Fairways

Hoping some of the UK members on here can help me out. My wife and I are in the process of planning a trip to London in April-May 2020. One of the things I would like to do while there is go to a Spurs game (and as luck would have it they are playing Arsenal on April 25). I went on the Spurs website and it looks like the only way to buy tickets directly from the Club is to join their One Hotspur Club (maybe)?
Anyone on here have experience buying these? Are there better sources if I am just looking to go to one game? I have used Stubhub and Seatgeek for events here in the states, are those reliable sources for EPL tickets?

Posted:

Comments

• jadams13jadams13 Poulsbo, WAMembers  52WRX Points: 37Handicap: 13Posts: 52 Bunkers

Cant help you, but COYS!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scruffynickscruffynick manchester, UKMembers  1657WRX Points: 198Handicap: 5....soon to be 6 I think Posts: 1,657 Platinum Tees

All pl clubs require you to be a member in order to purchase tickets. That's after the season tickets have theirs. Can't see many remaining considering spurs holds 60k and the away allocation will be around 3k.... And if its arsenal you're really struggling. But you might get lucky, get a membership and just apply through the ballot.... Then hope, if its just you you might get lucky.
    On the other hand, go to a pub packed full of spuds and gooners and enjoy the game.... Brilliant atmosphere a Derby game in a UK pub. Good luck pal

Posted:
  • helper_monkeyhelper_monkey Members  237WRX Points: 96Handicap: 6.7Posts: 237 Fairways

On -, @scruffynick said:

All pl clubs require you to be a member in order to purchase tickets. That's after the season tickets have theirs. Can't see many remaining considering spurs holds 60k and the away allocation will be around 3k.... And if its arsenal you're really struggling. But you might get lucky, get a membership and just apply through the ballot.... Then hope, if its just you you might get lucky.
    On the other hand, go to a pub packed full of spuds and gooners and enjoy the game.... Brilliant atmosphere a Derby game in a UK pub. Good luck pal

Appreciate the information. Sounds like I just have to get lucky.
    I wish they were still playing at White Hart Lane. The new stadium looks pretty sterile (at least on TV).

Posted:
  • Texas1Texas1 Members  427WRX Points: 121Handicap: 5.3Posts: 427 Greens

A lot of time you can buy hospitality tickets
    These will normally run at £300-1000 depending on the opposition/meal/seat etc etc

I know most clubs you don’t need to be a member for this, but it’s a lot more expensive and you have to be smart.

Or failing that do as nick said and go to a local pub near the ground and enjoy

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.