Careful of Steve020. Axis 1 Rose putter

osubuckeyes691 ·  
osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers  1230WRX Points: 379Handicap: 1.9Posts: 1,230 Platinum Tees

See screenshots. Might be legit but seems fishy.

Posted:
Taylormade SIM 8* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS, 54SS, 60Eye2
Taylormade Spider X Tour - Stability Tour - Evnroll Gravity Grip   /   Yes! Sally12 Long Putter / Yes! Sally12 Std - Evnroll Gravity Grip

Comments

• osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers  1230WRX Points: 379Handicap: 1.9Posts: 1,230 Platinum Tees

Don't know why pictures are out of order but hopefully you get the jist

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 8* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
    Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
    Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS, 54SS, 60Eye2
    Taylormade Spider X Tour - Stability Tour - Evnroll Gravity Grip   /   Yes! Sally12 Long Putter / Yes! Sally12 Std - Evnroll Gravity Grip
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9273WRX Points: 2,912Posts: 9,273 Titanium Tees

If not a complete scam it's a blatantly unscrupulous business practice. $200 surcharge to use G&S getting the price to full retail? LOL wut

Posted:
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1666WRX Points: 890Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,666 Platinum Tees

Wow. You handled that well and thanks for the heads up.

Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* SM8 Raw
    61* SM8 Raw
    L.A.B 2.1 

• JaNelson38JaNelson38 Members  2866WRX Points: 765Posts: 2,866 Titanium Tees

On -, @DFS PFD said:

Wow. You handled that well and thanks for the heads up.

No kidding. He is a better man than me. If someone messaged me like that, my reply would have been a four letter word followed by you.

Posted:
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  634WRX Points: 284Handicap: PoorPosts: 634 Golden Tee

On -, @1t2golf said:

He's been banned.

Immediately report anyone requesting payments that offer no buyer protection. Especially new members.

This policy needs clarification in writing in the BST rules. We had another thread a couple months back where one user openly said he demands Venmo in PMs. The response from Gx was that it is not a violation to demand it in PMs so long as you don't do so in your sale thread. I'll see if I can find the thread (EDIT: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18991690#Comment_18991690
    ) . This policy is not clearly defined at all and has led to so many issues/disputes.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  634WRX Points: 284Handicap: PoorPosts: 634 Golden Tee

On -, @1t2golf said:

On -, @Olde Maroon said:

On -, @1t2golf said:

He's been banned.

Immediately report anyone requesting payments that offer no buyer protection. Especially new members.

This policy needs clarification in writing in the BST rules. We had another thread a couple months back where one user openly said he demands Venmo in PMs. The response from Gx was that it is not a violation to demand it in PMs so long as you don't do so in your sale thread. I'll see if I can find the thread (EDIT: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18991690#Comment_18991690
    ) . This policy is not clearly defined at all and has led to so many issues/disputes.

It's not a violation because it's not enforceable. We don't monitor what sellers and buyers agree to in a private transaction. However, we're asking that it be reported so we can review the account of the member requesting it.

In this instance, steve020 was banned because he is a known scammer who is phishing for buyers to pay with services that don't afford buyer protections. He had another account banned that was reported a few days ago by another member.

Thanks for expounding on this issue. As you can see in the other thread, Gx specifically said not to report people who make these private requests/demands. That was the root of my confusion.

Posted:
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3581WRX Points: 1,120Posts: 3,581 Titanium Tees

Anytime I hear "money order" I'm going the other direction :D

Posted:
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  857WRX Points: 105Posts: 857 Golden Tee

Good catch, OP.

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • BeachsideGolferBeachsideGolfer Members  258WRX Points: 53Posts: 258 Greens

Wow, nice catch. Glad he's gone

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jflores8jflores8 Houston GolfWRX Members  423WRX Points: 67Posts: 423 Greens

I should’ve reported this guy as well, he used another member pictures trying to pawn off a g410. I made payment but he said money was on hold, he wanted me to do f&f. I said no, in the end he refunded my money within the same hour.

Posted:
  • Tourplaya21Tourplaya21 DetroitMembers  26WRX Points: 48Handicap: 9Posts: 26 Bunkers

As a newbie to BST, I want to confirm that PayPal is indeed the preferred channel of payment due to buyer protections?

Posted:

Cobra F8+ Driver
    Cobra F8 3-4 Wood
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-P
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52, 56, 60
    Cleveland 2i Putter

• VNutzVNutz Members  6743WRX Points: 657Posts: 6,743 Titanium Tees

On -, @Tourplaya21 said:

As a newbie to BST, I want to confirm that PayPal is indeed the preferred channel of payment due to buyer protections?

Yes, and always via Goods and Services, never friends and family (gifted).

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.