Right arm extending thru impact + clubface control

HackinatorHackinator Members Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭

In the process of trying to get arm extension thru impact, I feel like I really need to get the right shoulder working forward and under and then letting then the right arm go to full extension (almost letting go of the right arm ).
I feel like its helping me really hit thru the ball, not at the ball.
But it also feels like I can't quite control the face...
Is there any secret to doing this and still maintaining a square face.

Comments

• airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is the guy I would follow for this type of feeling. Basically right palm facing ground and then target on the follow thru. He has several videos on this. This is one

• HackinatorHackinator Members Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭

@airjammer said:
    This is the guy I would follow for this type of feeling. Basically right palm facing ground and then target on the follow thru. He has several videos on this. This is one

Ok, I am going to have to do some trial an error with that. I think if I try to keep the right palm facing the ground its going to inhibit my release.

• airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody actually has their palm facing the ground..it more of a feeling. It actually usually should face the ball line.

You must absolutely have a neutralish grip. Take your grip if you would point your palm to the ground where is the face? If it’s not square to slightly closed then your grip is too weak. If it’s really closed then your grip is too strong

• ScottboxScottbox scottbox Members Posts: 75 ✭✭

I work with James Jordan and we work on this all the time. This is also a great video from him to look at:

• HackinatorHackinator Members Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭

@Scottbox said:
    I work with James Jordan and we work on this all the time. This is also a great video from him to look at:

So you unload the right arm 4 inches after the ball? I was kind of envision unloading the right arm WAY PASSED the ball to get the extension, not just 4 inches.

I am confused about the yellow stick. What are you trying to do with that. Your right shoulder goes in the direction of the yellow stick?

• ScottboxScottbox scottbox Members Posts: 75 ✭✭

I would ask James that. It works for me.

• ZitlowZitlow Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 16, 2019 1:37pm #8

Is he teaching a GG move?> @Hackinator said:

@Scottbox said:

So you unload the right arm 4 inches after the ball? I was kind of envision unloading the right arm WAY PASSED the ball to get the extension, not just 4 inches.

I am confused about the yellow stick. What are you trying to do with that. Your right shoulder goes in the direction of the yellow stick?

The downswing sequence determines how and when the right arm unloads. I don't think it's something you could consciously do and unload it at a specific spot on a consistent basis.

If you have the proper sequence it will unload perfectly every time on time without a conscious mechanical manipulation.

• ZitlowZitlow Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

Also, the arms are conduits. Energy flows like water coming out of a hose from the ground up through the arms to the ball. If you tense up the right arm you're kinking up the hose.

• TTGolf77TTGolf77 Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

You should just extend the bicep.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file