Lady friendly course at MB

Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited Aug 14, 2019 1:17am in The Carolinas #1

Can someone recommend a Lady friendly course at Myrtle Beach. Something on the shorter side. Headed to MB soon with the Mrs. Thx

Comments

• BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Probably anywhere but TPC. MBN, Wildwing, any Barefoot course should be pretty short from the lady tees.

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭

Barefoot courses are good, I'll second that. Though I would stay away from the Dye, that can get out of hand. The Byrd course at Sea Trail, just inside the NC border, has forward tees at 4600 yards. The Jones course at Sea Trail is 4900 yards, Norman and Fazio at Barefoot are about 4900; the Love course, unexpectedly, only drops to 5300 yards. TPC goes down to 5100 yards. Tidewater goes to 4600 and has really awesome views down on the waterway; partially obscured ocean views on a few holes.

• caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Willbrook Plantation, down on Pawleys Island, has been recognized as a ladies friendly course.

• Mitch JordanMitch Jordan mbbagman Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

The Tradition Club in Pawleys Island has five sets of tees. The blues are just over 4000 yards. Many senior ladies use them.

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mitch Jordan said:
    The Tradition Club in Pawleys Island has five sets of tees. The blues are just over 4000 yards. Many senior ladies use them.

Thanks, Mitch. Great suggestion. I suspect the forward blues are meant for juniors. But, perfect for a sr lady. The Sr men's are 5,700 - which is nice for the 60+ crowd.

• BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re looking at Pawleys Island Caledonia is always a nice choice. 4 sets of tees starting at 6526, 6121, 5710, and ladies at 4957.

• NCLancerNCLancer from Northern New York to The Triangle Members Posts: 210 ✭✭✭

My wife and I have found that yardage off the tee isn't the biggest factor in playability. She doesn't enjoy courses with many forced carries, water hazards, or heavily-bunkered areas around the greens. It takes away the running up of her ball in case she doesn't happen to make great contact. We try to do a Google map search looking at green complexes for their difficulty before we book a course while on vacation...

• ArtMBgolfArtMBgolf Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭

Most MB courses are short from the front tees, but there may be some that haven't thought about it.
    I think you should pick the courses that interest you, based on cost, location, scenic, etc, then look to see if the yardage are OK. MBN West, Beachwood, Sandpiper, Possum Trot, Crow Creek are fairly forgiving. The high end courses tend to have more water, bunkers, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file