Are my hands too far behind me?

Zisoda18Zisoda18 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited Aug 14, 2019 2:54am in Swing Videos and Comments #1

At the top of my swing. I think hands more in front of me and higher will prevent me from getting stuck inside on the downswing which is my miss.

Post edited by Zisoda18 on

Comments

• ScottboxScottbox scottbox Members Posts: 73 ✭✭

Your backswing plane is great! BTW, a lot of OTT people would love to have your problem. Your only issue (which I relate to) is that your shoulders turn a touch too flat towards the end of your backswing, which gets your arms a bit deep. It's not the worst thing in the world. It'd help if you moved about an inch or two further from the ball and feel a steeper shoulder turn at the top (you'll feel like you're dipping your head, but you're not). Also, let your back hip turn a little more freely to enable this.
    If you don't want to go through the rigamarole of doing this, you can feel like your arms get a little higher and touch your right ear, which will allow you to mitigate the effects of the little "drop" in your transition.

• Zisoda18Zisoda18 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited Aug 17, 2019 5:24pm #3

@Scottbox said:
    Your backswing plane is great! BTW, a lot of OTT people would love to have your problem. Your only issue (which I relate to) is that your shoulders turn a touch too flat towards the end of your backswing, which gets your arms a bit deep. It's not the worst thing in the world. It'd help if you moved about an inch or two further from the ball and feel a steeper shoulder turn at the top (you'll feel like you're dipping your head, but you're not). Also, let your back hip turn a little more freely to enable this.
    If you don't want to go through the rigamarole of doing this, you can feel like your arms get a little higher and touch your right ear, which will allow you to mitigate the effects of the little "drop" in your transition.

I agree with everything you said and I believe controlling the hand path is the best way to do it. When I’m hitting the ball the best, my clubhead and hands start the takeaway parallel like their on train tracks and get vertical quick just like you describe them getting higher. I need to find the right hand path at the top of my swing to get my desired shoulder tilt At the top as well, no?

Post edited by Zisoda18 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file