Clubs for extremely short golfers???

I am a "vertically impaired" lady golfer, standing at 4'9 inches tall. I am finally going to invest in some quality clubs that aren't the junior set, but I have met a predicament. My adult sized driver (a no name sport chek driver) is too long, and even after GolfTown shortened it, it's still 4 inches taller than my Wilson Junior driver. I have good steady control over the Wilson, but the clubhead size means that I am not getting the distance. I get the distance on the No Name, but not the control, so I don't have confidence in my drive.

This has caused me to think that maybe I need the larger clubhead on a shorter shaft, but nobody will do so for me. They say that'll screw up the loft and lie, so I can't just shorten my existing driver down to the wilson size. Has anyone here ever been able to put an adult clubhead (say the Callaway Epic Flash) on a quality junior shaft? I think I'll have to see a custom clubmaker, but I'd like to have some research done before I make the appointment

Comments

• Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 6:44am #2

I have a Tensei cut down that my son was using. He was at your current height, at the time.

Pay shipping and it's yours. He had a Nike Vapor Fly Pro in it. So, you can put whatever driver head you want on it. It's all the rage now in junior golf. The kids are getting so much more distance, forgiveness and control using adult heads.

Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla Tour Blue 75g
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla Tour Blue
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MapleSyrup96 said:
    I am a "vertically impaired" lady golfer, standing at 4'9 inches tall. I am finally going to invest in some quality clubs that aren't the junior set, but I have met a predicament. My adult sized driver (a no name sport chek driver) is too long, and even after GolfTown shortened it, it's still 4 inches taller than my Wilson Junior driver. I have good steady control over the Wilson, but the clubhead size means that I am not getting the distance. I get the distance on the No Name, but not the control, so I don't have confidence in my drive.

This has caused me to think that maybe I need the larger clubhead on a shorter shaft, but nobody will do so for me. They say that'll screw up the loft and lie, so I can't just shorten my existing driver down to the wilson size. Has anyone here ever been able to put an adult clubhead (say the Callaway Epic Flash) on a quality junior shaft? I think I'll have to see a custom clubmaker, but I'd like to have some research done before I make the appointment

Where are you located in Canada? The shop I work at has extensive experience dealing with juniors and women players. We are a premium account so we do charge head + shaft + grip but it will be built perfectly to you. For instance, we often order Epic Flash, Ping G410, Cobra F9, or Taylormade M5 with the weights out to get the weight down to an acceptable range. We also have a large junior shaft matrix from Accra and Fujikura that should fit your needs. PM me if you are interested and we can talk a little bit more.

Cobra F9 7.5 - Accra TZ5 55
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5 - Fubuki V 70
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18 - Diamana Thump 85
    Mizuno CLK 22* - Speeder 75HB
    New Level 1031 5-P - DG105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth - DG105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Proto 1 of 1 
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights