Is my swing too upright?

jobinjobin Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

In my follow-thru i often hit myself with the clubhead on/near my right rear pants pocket. But i note that better players, those on UTUBE, do not finish like this. Their swing ends with the clubhead much closer to the shoulders.
Got any ideas or advice on this? I shoot about 90 these days on a normal course and for decades had a terrible OTT (over the top) hitting down motion. Now i am working to correct major ingrained swing faults but body is getting old and joints aching most days.

Comments

• BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Got a video?

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jobin said:
    In my follow-thru i often hit myself with the clubhead on/near my right rear pants pocket. But i note that better players, those on UTUBE, do not finish like this. Their swing ends with the clubhead much closer to the shoulders.
    Got any ideas or advice on this? I shoot about 90 these days on a normal course and for decades had a terrible OTT (over the top) hitting down motion. Now i am working to correct major ingrained swing faults but body is getting old and joints aching most days.

Nicklaus and Norman did that on the follow through. It's upright, but that's OK. I do this as well. You might try restricting your follow through a little.

Titleist 917D2
    Callaway Rogue 4-wood
    Callaway 2018 MB irons
    Callaway MD4 wedges
    NIKE Method Mod 60 putter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file