Any new TM drivers in the works?

Lenny2Lenny2 Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited Aug 14, 2019 4:33pm in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

Since tiger and Rory play the same head I was trying to figure out what tiger would be looking at this for ? Why check out Rory’s driver if it’s the same driver he plays? Something new? Looks like a M5 or M6 head.

«1

Comments

  • Lenny2Lenny2 Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 4:35pm #2

    Doesn’t look like Tigers shaft but it’s far away

  • apollo11apollo11 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

    Maybe looking at his weights, and where they are setup?

  • SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

    Not until January I'd imagine. Most likely looking at weights.

    M5 - 10.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 76 6.5
    M4 3HL - Atmos Tour Spec Blue 8X
    M3 HYB - HZRDUZ HC Black 105 6.5
    P790 4-PW PX 6.0
    SM7 - DG S400 50* 54* 60*
    Spider X

  • 14mh14mh Members Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭

    @Lenny2 said:
    Doesn’t look like Tigers shaft but it’s far away

    It is Rory's driver. No different than you or me looking at a buddies club even if we have the same model.

  • apollo11apollo11 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

    @SUPERG said:
    Not until January I'd imagine. Most likely looking at weights.

    I might be off—but I can’t see the M5/6 line being done after one year. I’m guessing Jan 2021?

  • EricWGolfEricWGolf Members Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @apollo11 said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Not until January I'd imagine. Most likely looking at weights.

    I might be off—but I can’t see the M5/6 line being done after one year. I’m guessing Jan 2021?

    Current product cycle for TM woods and GI irons is 1 year in January.

    Players irons and balls is 2 years.

    Wedges is 2+ years.

    But it wouldn’t shock me to see TM eventually stretch out woods to 18 or 24 months. With adidas and Mark King out of the picture, product cycles have been getting consistently longer. But I doubt that will happen by January 2020, even though I think the M5/M6 line could easily hold their own until January 2021.

  • apollo11apollo11 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

    @EricWGolf said:

    @apollo11 said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Not until January I'd imagine. Most likely looking at weights.

    I might be off—but I can’t see the M5/6 line being done after one year. I’m guessing Jan 2021?

    Current product cycle for TM woods and GI irons is 1 year in January.

    Players irons and balls is 2 years.

    Wedges is 2+ years.

    But it wouldn’t shock me to see TM eventually stretch out woods to 18 or 24 months. With adidas and Mark King out of the picture, product cycles have been getting consistently longer. But I doubt that will happen by January 2020, even though I think the M5/M6 line could easily hold their own until January 2021.

    Good to know, thanks!

  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tylerrhyne said:
    I’m ready for the M7

    M7/M8...

  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Driver A and B is on the new price list with a 1/31 release date

    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    It wasn't that long ago that everyone was complaining that the TM release cycles were out of hand. What is the world coming to. M7....... too many sleeps to count right now!

    Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks like Rory's normal driver but i wouldn't be shocked to see an October release of a lightweight model

    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @taylorx300 said:
    Driver A and B is on the new price list with a 1/31 release date

    Driver A please👍

  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @taylorx300 said:
    Driver A and B is on the new price list with a 1/31 release date

    18 1/7th yards longer. Can’t wait... :/

    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I wonder what the new prices will be?

  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    *subject to change
    But the 8/19 price sheet is showing same price points - 549 & 499

    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @taylorx300 said:
    *subject to change
    But the 8/19 price sheet is showing same price points - 549 & 499

    That’s good! I was hoping they would not jack up drivers prices again.

  • TuguTugu Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

    Looking for new drivers already? Has TM conditioned us to this?

  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    For a major OEM, when a 'new' driver is released, the follow on is already in the works.

  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,141 ClubWRX

    @BlkNGld said:
    For a major OEM, when a 'new' driver is released, the follow on is already in the works.

    The follow on to the follow on is the one that's in the works. The follow on is pretty much locked in from a feature perspective already.

    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M2 T3 (2016 deep face), Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

    jll62's WITB
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tugu said:
    Looking for new drivers already? Has TM conditioned us to this?

    Well, it’s that time of the year...

  • molecularmanmolecularman Joplin, MOMembers Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

    It really looks like he's just checking out the shaft, but hard to tell from a split second in time.
    I'm all for a new TM driver. I'd love to check out the M5 when the price drops down to the 200ish range.

  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Rors was looking at the face of his driver again today before he teed off on 1.

  • 1s1k1s1k A-Town, MAMembers Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TheMoneyShot said:
    Rors was looking at the face of his driver again today before he teed off on 1.

    I saw that also. Probably wearing out the sweet spot

    TM M5 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2-Iron HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5
    TM P.7TW 3-PW Project X 6.5

    Titleist SM7 WedgeWorks Raw
    46*/10F Project X 6.5 
    50*/08F, 54*/10S, & 60*/12D TI DG S400

    TM Spider X 34" Navy
    TM TP5X
    Mizuno MP32's 2-PW 
    Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW 
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭

    Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • Lefty87Lefty87 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

    @EHolm said:
    Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

    Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Lefty87 said:

    @EHolm said:
    Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

    Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

    It’s sad this was ever said...

    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • Lefty87Lefty87 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

    @SubaruWRX said:

    @Lefty87 said:

    @EHolm said:
    Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

    Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

    It’s sad this was ever said...

    What am I missing?

  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Lefty87 said:

    @SubaruWRX said:

    @Lefty87 said:

    @EHolm said:
    Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

    Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

    It’s sad this was ever said...

    What am I missing?

    The day people look forward to a driver at $399 as being “discounted”.

    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file