GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Any new TM drivers in the works?

Comments

• Lefty87Lefty87 Members  185WRX Points: 100Posts: 185 Fairways

I gotcha...sorry...it’s been a long weekend.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1858WRX Points: 298Handicap: ?Posts: 1,858 Platinum Tees

If I'm not mistaken, the company planner has at least the next 3 or so driver renditions already in the works. From design, engineering, materials, construction, testing, modifying, again and again etc. etc. etc. I'm pretty sure most any manufacturer out there has a product line for most any club / ball / etc. at least 5 years out.
    ****, Bryson was on the gramular 2 weeks ago talking about testing the new driver coming out in a while. If Cobra is already at that point, TM and all the other big boys are right there or closely following.

Posted:
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members  3084WRX Points: 233Posts: 3,084 Titanium Tees

On -, @jll62 said:

On -, @BlkNGld said:

For a major OEM, when a 'new' driver is released, the follow on is already in the works.

The follow on to the follow on is the one that's in the works. The follow on is pretty much locked in from a feature perspective already.

Point taken...suppose it depends on definition of 'in the works', but certainly the one you're referring to is probably at least in a conceptual phase, whereas the one I referred to has likely been prototyped.

Posted:
  • Micrys2Micrys2 Members  523WRX Points: 102Posts: 523 Golden Tee

Given TM’s comment we are prob looking at a January announce, February release. Could be at the show in January, but didn’t go last year and may not this year.

Posted:
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members  957WRX Points: 268Handicap: +18Posts: 957 Golden Tee

On -, @TaylorMade Golf said:

Waaaaay too many sleeps to even count...

Let's hope this joke never dies... please find a way to incorporate it in a TV advert this year

Posted:
    TM SIM 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X
    TM SIM 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    Titleist U500 2 HZRDUS Smoke Black 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4, 919 Tour 5-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    TM Spider X Chalk

Advertisement
  • EHolmEHolm Members  436WRX Points: 82Posts: 436 Greens

On -, @Lefty87 said:

On -, @EHolm said:

Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

Sorry, should have mentioned. Live in Sweden and we usually start our sales earlier due to the shorter season here

Posted:
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB 2i Veylix Rome 988 X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-5 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Mizuno MP-20 6-Pw KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM8 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM8 Jet black 56-12D KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM8 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  591WRX Points: 239Handicap: 8Posts: 591 Golden Tee

On -, @EHolm said:

On -, @Lefty87 said:

On -, @EHolm said:

Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

Sorry, should have mentioned. Live in Sweden and we usually start our sales earlier due to the shorter season here.

I hope they don’t make a new head just yet, as I just did a head to head with my G410 plus, and although they only had the 9 degree in the M5 I tested, I was able to set to higher settings, move one weight back and other to draw setting. I hit straighter and longer, so ordered the 10.5, so don’t make an M7 yet.

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32373WRX Points: 1,874Posts: 32,373 Titanium Tees

On -, @TaylorMade Golf said:

Waaaaay too many sleeps to even count...

Hey, at least your honest.

Posted:
  • randy4randy4 LouisianaMembers  164WRX Points: 44Posts: 164 Fairways

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @EHolm said:

On -, @Lefty87 said:

On -, @EHolm said:

Sorry, should have mentioned. Live in Sweden and we usually start our sales earlier due to the shorter season here.

I hope they don’t make a new head just yet, as I just did a head to head with my G410 plus, and although they only had the 9 degree in the M5 I tested, I was able to set to higher settings, move one weight back and other to draw setting. I hit straighter and longer, so ordered the 10.5, so don’t make an M7 yet.

Wouldnt matter to me if they made an M7, not sure what they can even improve on the m5. It is the best looking / sounding driver out right now imo.

Posted:
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  591WRX Points: 239Handicap: 8Posts: 591 Golden Tee

On -, @randy4 said:

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @EHolm said:

On -, @Lefty87 said:

On -, @EHolm said:

Wouldnt matter to me if they made an M7, not sure what they can even improve on the m5. It is the best looking / sounding driver out right now imo.

Yes it is, I just wish the boys on TV were hitting theirs a little straighter today LOL

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32373WRX Points: 1,874Posts: 32,373 Titanium Tees

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @randy4 said:

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @EHolm said:

On -, @Lefty87 said:

On -, @EHolm said:

Yes it is, I just wish the boys on TV were hitting theirs a little straighter today LOL

Rors is doing pretty well with his...

Posted:

I might have to take a look at that Three wood too

Posted:
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

On -, @JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Posted:

On -, @TheMoneyShot said:

On -, @JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Sorry checking account, looks like going to have to reduce you some more

Posted:
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Sorry checking account, looks like going to have to reduce you some more

Check the bay. You may be able to land a gently used one for a song.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2391WRX Points: 688Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,391 ClubWRX

On -, @randy4 said:

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @EHolm said:

On -, @Lefty87 said:

On -, @EHolm said:

I said the same thing about M3 and yet I gained 2-3 mph ball speed with M5. But I agree with you that M5 is the best looking, best sounding driver around.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 3, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade P750 4-PW, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy JDay Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB

On -, @JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Rocket or standard 3

Posted:
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

On -, @JerryTBall said:

On -, @JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Rocket or standard 3

I went with the rocket just because I play a 13* fwy

Posted:

Thanks 🙏

Posted:
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • ASN21ASN21 G.O.A.T. Bay AreaMembers  580WRX Points: 419Posts: 580 Golden Tee

I have been pleasantly surprised with my M6 so far. Checks all the boxes for me.

Posted:

Golf game powered by SQAIRZ & TaylorMade.

Advertisement
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  6078WRX Points: 605Posts: 6,078 Titanium Tees

need to go back to the black carbon fiber and white heads, I thought that was a good look.

Posted:
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members  957WRX Points: 268Handicap: +18Posts: 957 Golden Tee

A non twist face option for the guys that still have trouble buying into that tech would be nice. It really wouldn't be that hard to have a third offering with bulge and roll. And... make it a compact head with a simplified two weight adjustment system for forward/ rear CG. #Unicornalert

Posted:
    TM SIM 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X
    TM SIM 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    Titleist U500 2 HZRDUS Smoke Black 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4, 919 Tour 5-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    TM Spider X Chalk
  • ronstarsronstars Location = NorCal Members  1679WRX Points: 279Posts: 1,679 Platinum Tees

Anyone doing the caption this thread anymore??? This would have been a good one...

Posted:
    The Big Dog ~ Speedzone|Diamana BF 60X
    The 3 Banger ~ Big Tour|Speeder Evo II 757 X
    The Deuce ~ P790|AD DI 95X
    The Metal ~ King Forged Tec 4-Gw|C-Taper Matte Black
    The Shovels ~ SM7 54, 58
    Flatstick ~ Cameron GoLo 5
  • bkloessbkloess St. Louis, MOMembers  78WRX Points: 58Posts: 78 Fairways

On -, @tylerrhyne said:

I’m ready for the M7

M7/M8...

Has anyone heard if they are sticking to the M7/M8? Or are they going to release a new line?

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x

Do you mean M5M6 I’ve never heard seven or eight I was kind of joking about that one the other day

Posted:
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Advertisement
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3282WRX Points: 603Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,282 Titanium Tees

On -, @Rig14Port said:

A non twist face option for the guys that still have trouble buying into that tech would be nice. It really wouldn't be that hard to have a third offering with bulge and roll. And... make it a compact head with a simplified two weight adjustment system for forward/ rear CG. #Unicornalert

TM will stick with Twist Face until something better comes along.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4643WRX Points: 1,657Posts: 4,643 Titanium Tees

On -, @Rig14Port said:

A non twist face option for the guys that still have trouble buying into that tech would be nice. It really wouldn't be that hard to have a third offering with bulge and roll.

TwistFace is a TM marketing term for bulge and roll.

Posted:

Advertisement

I live and die by ping drivers, had all the new ones, swore never get rid of my 410. Well I had to retract that, got my M5 10.5 other day, and wow, if never hit yet, you got to. Lots of scratch golfers love the M6, but this is coming from a 8 hdcp, you can adjust that M5 so much more it’s crazy how I was able to dial it in. Set it up on range, played 9 yesterday, 18 today, hit every fairway, and good distance to match. I’m very pleased for now.

Posted:
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
This discussion has been closed.