Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Any new TM drivers in the works?

Comments

• Lefty87Lefty87 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭

I gotcha...sorry...it’s been a long weekend.

• BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jll62 said:

@BlkNGld said:
    For a major OEM, when a 'new' driver is released, the follow on is already in the works.

The follow on to the follow on is the one that's in the works. The follow on is pretty much locked in from a feature perspective already.

Point taken...suppose it depends on definition of 'in the works', but certainly the one you're referring to is probably at least in a conceptual phase, whereas the one I referred to has likely been prototyped.

• Micrys2Micrys2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭

Given TM’s comment we are prob looking at a January announce, February release. Could be at the show in January, but didn’t go last year and may not this year.

• Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TaylorMade Golf said:
    Waaaaay too many sleeps to even count...

Let's hope this joke never dies... please find a way to incorporate it in a TV advert this year

WITB... Ha. Depends on what day it is
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

@Lefty87 said:

@EHolm said:
    Prices just dropped on M5/6 here so safe to say new ones are coming

Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

Sorry, should have mentioned. Live in Sweden and we usually start our sales earlier due to the shorter season here

PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

@EHolm said:

@Lefty87 said:

@EHolm said:

Where are you seeing the price drops? Just curious as I’ll be ready to pick up the M6 as soon as it drops to $399.99.

Sorry, should have mentioned. Live in Sweden and we usually start our sales earlier due to the shorter season here.

I hope they don’t make a new head just yet, as I just did a head to head with my G410 plus, and although they only had the 9 degree in the M5 I tested, I was able to set to higher settings, move one weight back and other to draw setting. I hit straighter and longer, so ordered the 10.5, so don’t make an M7 yet.

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TaylorMade Golf said:
    Waaaaay too many sleeps to even count...

Hey, at least your honest.

• randy4randy4 LouisianaMembers Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@JerryTBall said:

@EHolm said:

@Lefty87 said:

@EHolm said:

Sorry, should have mentioned. Live in Sweden and we usually start our sales earlier due to the shorter season here.

I hope they don’t make a new head just yet, as I just did a head to head with my G410 plus, and although they only had the 9 degree in the M5 I tested, I was able to set to higher settings, move one weight back and other to draw setting. I hit straighter and longer, so ordered the 10.5, so don’t make an M7 yet.

Wouldnt matter to me if they made an M7, not sure what they can even improve on the m5. It is the best looking / sounding driver out right now imo.

@randy4 said:

@JerryTBall said:

@EHolm said:

@Lefty87 said:

@EHolm said:

Wouldnt matter to me if they made an M7, not sure what they can even improve on the m5. It is the best looking / sounding driver out right now imo.

Yes it is, I just wish the boys on TV were hitting theirs a little straighter today LOL

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryTBall said:

@randy4 said:

@JerryTBall said:

@EHolm said:

@Lefty87 said:

@EHolm said:

Yes it is, I just wish the boys on TV were hitting theirs a little straighter today LOL

Rors is doing pretty well with his...

I might have to take a look at that Three wood too

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

@JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

@TheMoneyShot said:

@JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Sorry checking account, looks like going to have to reduce you some more

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

@JerryTBall said:

@TheMoneyShot said:

@JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Sorry checking account, looks like going to have to reduce you some more

Check the bay. You may be able to land a gently used one for a song.

• jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX Posts: 2,197 ClubWRX

@randy4 said:

@JerryTBall said:

@EHolm said:

@Lefty87 said:

@EHolm said:

I said the same thing about M3 and yet I gained 2-3 mph ball speed with M5. But I agree with you that M5 is the best looking, best sounding driver around.

TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB

@TheMoneyShot said:

@JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Rocket or standard 3

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

@JerryTBall said:

@TheMoneyShot said:

@JerryTBall said:

M5 3 fwy is a cannon!

Rocket or standard 3

I went with the rocket just because I play a 13* fwy

Thanks 🙏

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

I have been pleasantly surprised with my M6 so far. Checks all the boxes for me.

TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

• Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

need to go back to the black carbon fiber and white heads, I thought that was a good look.

• Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 26, 2019 6:59pm #53

A non twist face option for the guys that still have trouble buying into that tech would be nice. It really wouldn't be that hard to have a third offering with bulge and roll. And... make it a compact head with a simplified two weight adjustment system for forward/ rear CG. #Unicornalert

WITB... Ha. Depends on what day it is
  • ronstarsronstars #GetNaked Members Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone doing the caption this thread anymore??? This would have been a good one...

The Big Dog ~ TM M6/Speeder 661
    The 3 Banger ~ TM M6/Ad Di
    The 5 Banger ~ TM R11/Ad DJ
    The Metal ~ 96' TM Burner Tour/Oversize combo
    The Shovels ~ TM High-Toe 52,56,60
    Flatstick ~ Cameron Newport
  • bkloessbkloess St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@TheMoneyShot said:

@tylerrhyne said:
    I’m ready for the M7

M7/M8...

Has anyone heard if they are sticking to the M7/M8? Or are they going to release a new line?

Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x

Do you mean M5M6 I’ve never heard seven or eight I was kind of joking about that one the other day

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rig14Port said:
    A non twist face option for the guys that still have trouble buying into that tech would be nice. It really wouldn't be that hard to have a third offering with bulge and roll. And... make it a compact head with a simplified two weight adjustment system for forward/ rear CG. #Unicornalert

TM will stick with Twist Face until something better comes along.

Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rig14Port said:
    A non twist face option for the guys that still have trouble buying into that tech would be nice. It really wouldn't be that hard to have a third offering with bulge and roll.

TwistFace is a TM marketing term for bulge and roll.

I live and die by ping drivers, had all the new ones, swore never get rid of my 410. Well I had to retract that, got my M5 10.5 other day, and wow, if never hit yet, you got to. Lots of scratch golfers love the M6, but this is coming from a 8 hdcp, you can adjust that M5 so much more it’s crazy how I was able to dial it in. Set it up on range, played 9 yesterday, 18 today, hit every fairway, and good distance to match. I’m very pleased for now.

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file