Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Any new TM drivers in the works?

13

Comments

  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭

    @JerryTBall said:
    I live and die by ping drivers, had all the new ones, swore never get rid of my 410. Well I had to retract that, got my M5 10.5 other day, and wow, if never hit yet, you got to. Lots of scratch golfers love the M6, but this is coming from a 8 hdcp, you can adjust that M5 so much more it’s crazy how I was able to dial it in. Set it up on range, played 9 yesterday, 18 today, hit every fairway, and good distance to match. I’m very pleased for now.

    You hit every fairway huh

    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
  • Always_roughAlways_rough Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭

    @mrmikeac said:

    @JerryTBall said:
    I live and die by ping drivers, had all the new ones, swore never get rid of my 410. Well I had to retract that, got my M5 10.5 other day, and wow, if never hit yet, you got to. Lots of scratch golfers love the M6, but this is coming from a 8 hdcp, you can adjust that M5 so much more it’s crazy how I was able to dial it in. Set it up on range, played 9 yesterday, 18 today, hit every fairway, and good distance to match. I’m very pleased for now.

    You hit every fairway huh

    Except for the holes where he drove the green.

    Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

    (1W) M3 440
    (3W) 917 F3
    (3i) MP-18 fli hi
    (4i-PW) JPX 900 Tour
    (52, 56, 60) SM6
    Oven B1-01
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 6:54pm #64

    There’s 27 holes and nine I played six were driver, one you have to use a 7 Iron, so yeah 6 of 7 hit. And on the course with the 18 holes which is the Tom Kite layout he loves to not let you go all out, so you can only use the driver on about seven holes out of the 14 you normally hit driver on so yeah hit all seven

    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • JoeJoeJoeUrBoatJoeJoeJoeUrBoat Leamington OntarioMembers Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Buying an M6 driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid today so I hope I don’t hear anything about an M7 or M8 for a few months lol!

    915 D2 10.5 Tour Ad Di 6s
    910 15 Diamana Whiteboard 
    P790 UDI
    2019 P790 4-PW Dg 105 S300
    SM7 48, 54, 60
    Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Are there any new TM drivers in the works? good one! OP you are hilarious.

  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

    @JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:
    Buying an M6 driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid today so I hope I don’t hear anything about an M7 or M8 for a few months lol!

    You and me both, I heard nothing should be coming for now, I’m not seeing how could improve on these! But one guy told me he has M6, bought rocket 3w almost make driver obsolete, dang, I better not buy one now.

    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

    @JerryTBall said:

    @JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:
    Buying an M6 driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid today so I hope I don’t hear anything about an M7 or M8 for a few months lol!

    You and me both, I heard nothing should be coming for now, I’m not seeing how could improve on these! But one guy told me he has M6, bought rocket 3w almost make driver obsolete, dang, I better not buy one now.

    They'll be out early next year like February/March most likely so enjoy the M6's they're good. Love my M5.

    TaylorMade M5 9 deg - Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW - TT DG X7
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Always_rough said:

    @mrmikeac said:

    @JerryTBall said:
    I live and die by ping drivers, had all the new ones, swore never get rid of my 410. Well I had to retract that, got my M5 10.5 other day, and wow, if never hit yet, you got to. Lots of scratch golfers love the M6, but this is coming from a 8 hdcp, you can adjust that M5 so much more it’s crazy how I was able to dial it in. Set it up on range, played 9 yesterday, 18 today, hit every fairway, and good distance to match. I’m very pleased for now.

    You hit every fairway huh

    Except for the holes where he drove the green.

    Sounds like me😂

  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 10:19pm #70

    Lol

    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • Micrys2Micrys2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭

    TM’s normal release cycle is announce late January, release February for preorder arrive....when back in stock.

  • SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

    M5 is an absolute beast, happy to game mine until the m7 lol. Gave the G400 LST a run for its money in my bag and won out.

    Taylormade M5* - PX HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5 TX
    Taylormade M5 15* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 8 TX
    Taylormade P760 3-PW - KBS Tour X
    Taylormade MG 2 50* 54* Hi Toe 60* KBS Tour S
    Taylormade TP Patina Soto
    Taylormade TP5X

  • er1cchandlerer1cchandler Members Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

    Can't imagine it gets much better aesthetically - love the switch to the matte look for the crown.

    That said, i'm sure at least half of us will find a way to buy whatever they come out with next

  • JoeJoeJoeUrBoatJoeJoeJoeUrBoat Leamington OntarioMembers Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @HappyGilmore22 said:

    @JerryTBall said:

    @JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:
    Buying an M6 driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid today so I hope I don’t hear anything about an M7 or M8 for a few months lol!

    You and me both, I heard nothing should be coming for now, I’m not seeing how could improve on these! But one guy told me he has M6, bought rocket 3w almost make driver obsolete, dang, I better not buy one now.

    They'll be out early next year like February/March most likely so enjoy the M6's they're good. Love my M5.

    Went to pick up the M6 and they were knock offs. It was a super awkward situation. The paint on the red screws was on the face and stuff. I feel bad for the guy, someone pulled a fast one on him. Looked very odd from the moment he handed them to me.

    915 D2 10.5 Tour Ad Di 6s
    910 15 Diamana Whiteboard 
    P790 UDI
    2019 P790 4-PW Dg 105 S300
    SM7 48, 54, 60
    Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron
  • therileyoneilltherileyoneill Members Posts: 1

    From what I've heard, you can skip this driver and wait for the one coming 2021.

  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have heard (from a TM employee) that the M line is done....

  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭

    @mjbaker80 said:
    I have heard (from a TM employee) that the M line is done....

    I’ve heard the exact same thing. Even though the have trademarked the M7 and M8 I’ve heard from multiple people that the M line is complete and there will be a new lineup coming.

    New R line? R20?

    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mrmikeac said:

    @mjbaker80 said:
    I have heard (from a TM employee) that the M line is done....

    I’ve heard the exact same thing. Even though the have trademarked the M7 and M8 I’ve heard from multiple people that the M line is complete and there will be a new lineup coming.

    New R line? R20?

    Maybe they will finally drop the MOAD! Sorry, I had too.....hahaha. That concept photo has to be 5 years old by now?!

  • jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX Posts: 2,197 ClubWRX

    @mjbaker80 said:

    @mrmikeac said:

    @mjbaker80 said:
    I have heard (from a TM employee) that the M line is done....

    I’ve heard the exact same thing. Even though the have trademarked the M7 and M8 I’ve heard from multiple people that the M line is complete and there will be a new lineup coming.

    New R line? R20?

    Maybe they will finally drop the MOAD! Sorry, I had too.....hahaha. That concept photo has to be 5 years old by now?!

    I believe the MOAD concept driver is at least 10 years old.

    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

    jll62's WITB
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @mjbaker80 said:
    I have heard (from a TM employee) that the M line is done....

    Yep, no more M line.

  • Trav1989Trav1989 Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

    Any ideal what it’s going to be called?

  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Lenny2 said:
    Since tiger and Rory play the same head I was trying to figure out what tiger would be looking at this for ? Why check out Rory’s driver if it’s the same driver he plays? Something new? Looks like a M5 or M6 head.

    TM shut the R&D department down. Nothing new coming for years.

  • JoeJoeJoeUrBoatJoeJoeJoeUrBoat Leamington OntarioMembers Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hope they go away from the silver top and go back to white, or perhaps different colours this time around.

    915 D2 10.5 Tour Ad Di 6s
    910 15 Diamana Whiteboard 
    P790 UDI
    2019 P790 4-PW Dg 105 S300
    SM7 48, 54, 60
    Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Doublebuck said:

    @Lenny2 said:
    Since tiger and Rory play the same head I was trying to figure out what tiger would be looking at this for ? Why check out Rory’s driver if it’s the same driver he plays? Something new? Looks like a M5 or M6 head.

    TM shut the R&D department down. Nothing new coming for years.

    Might just be looking at how Rory sets his weights.... I thought I saw that Tiger went away from having one weight in the draw spot in his last event this year. Rory still has one there.

  • TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Golf CarlsbadSponsors Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

    @Trav1989 said:
    Any ideal what it’s going to be called?

    If we tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone else?

    TaylorMade Golf Official Account
    Community: https://community.taylormadegolf.com/
    Podcast: https://www.taylormadegolf.com/podcast.html
    Service: +1 866 530 8624
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @TaylorMade Golf said:

    @Trav1989 said:
    Any ideal what it’s going to be called?

    If we tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone else?

    If it’s Burner Bubble, sign me up!

  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

    @TaylorMade Golf said:

    @Trav1989 said:
    Any ideal what it’s going to be called?

    If we tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone else?

    How many sleeps? Hibernation maybe?

    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:
    Hope they go away from the silver top and go back to white, or perhaps different colours this time around.

    I wonder if they flip the script and go back to all one color?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file