Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

G410 adapter authenticity

PoolpartyPoolparty Members Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I was all set to reshaft my G410 3-wood today when I noticed the new adapter I ordered on eBay smelled like a fish. I noticed it looked just like the the fake G400 tip we talked about last year. I spent a little extra for a listing that said authentic too. The hole is painted black on the fake and the lettering is bolder. This is the listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-Authentic-G410-Driver-RH-Adapter-Sleeve-335/153432920939?hash=item23b950936b:g:v-MAAOSwti5cnf7P:sc:USPSFirstClass!01913!US!-1

Stiff

Comments

• PoolpartyPoolparty Members Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭
  • From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a good fake/aftermarket adapter. Does it fit the new Ping heads?

• desailledesaille Members Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 11:55pm #4

I’ve used both aftermarket and authentic, haven’t had any issues.
    Have also had aftermarket fit better than oem authentic ones.

These are the authentic ones ordered from golfworks. They will have a plug to keep the epoxy from running into the shaft.

Anyone know where I can get a real one for under $25-30?

Stiff

@From_Parts_Unknown said:
    That looks like a good fake/aftermarket adapter. Does it fit the new Ping heads?

Maybe but I’d lean no

Stiff
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,218 ClubWRX

I bought one on eBay and noticed the same thing. Mine is a little closer to OEM but its still a little off. I put it on a shaft I wanted to try in the G410 and it works fine.

Ping G410 Tensi Orange
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • wundejwundej ClubWRX Posts: 3,774 ClubWRX

I posted a bunch of pics of g400 “fakes” last year. The lobes were bigger and didn’t come close to seating like the OEM. Also was completely anodized in the threaded hole like your pics. The OEM were raw aluminum as if they drilled/cut threads after anodizing on the OEM.

File a case and get your money back. I think golfworks has them pretty cheap, just gotta deal with paying shipping or wait for a coupon.

Yeah I’m waiting for a coupon now. Got a big order I’m ready to place. In the meantime tho I’ve been lookin on eBay, but I’m not seeing much that looks real. Everything has that bright white on black color with the screw. Looks like real ones don’t have a screw. Now I might have to buy a wood and hybrid too.

Stiff

@Poolparty said:
    Yeah I’m waiting for a coupon now. Got a big order I’m ready to place. In the meantime tho I’ve been lookin on eBay, but I’m not seeing much that looks real. Everything has that bright white on black color with the screw. Looks like real ones don’t have a screw. Now I might have to buy a wood and hybrid too.

If they come with a screw that’s generally a good indicator that they aren’t oem.
    Desaille posted that pic above, that’s the oem packaging, no screw. Don’t think I’ve ever seen an oem (any vendor) with a screw.

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wundej said:
    Don’t think I’ve ever seen an oem (any vendor) with a screw.

I have - quite frequently for some of the other OEM adapters - particularly TM and maybe Callaway.

edited Aug 19, 2019 12:30pm #12

@Stuart_G said:

@wundej said:

I have - quite frequently for some of the other OEM adapters - particularly TM and maybe Callaway.

Everything I’ve ever bought from Golfworks has never had a screw. Probably 10+ Callaway (optiforce and optifit) and ping g and 410 have never had screws. Every one I’ve see or bought from eBay that had a screw was fake and was refunded and sent back.

I guess I’ve just been (un)lucky with eBay? I still doubt that any of the oem Pings from Golfworks have screws.

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wundej said:

@Stuart_G said:

@wundej said:

Everything I’ve ever bought from Golfworks has never had a screw. Probably 10+ Callaway (optiforce and optifit) and ping g and 410 have never had screws. Every one I’ve see or bought from eBay that had a screw was fake and was refunded and sent back.

I guess I’ve just been (un)lucky with eBay? I still doubt that any of the oem Pings from Golfworks have screws.

It may very well be true for the Ping's (I prefer the CMX Ping adapters to the Ping OEM adapter). I was really responding to your comment about other OEM's.

• SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,536 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 19, 2019 2:10pm #14

@wundej said:

@Stuart_G said:

@wundej said:

I have seen them with the screw and without the screw. I just did 2 410 adaptors that came direct from Ping that did not have the screw.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Ping Forged 52°

Leave a Comment