***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Had an amazing experience today...

Hack Daddy ·  
Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1120WRX Points: 351Posts: 1,120 Platinum Tees

Took the kids to see mom (in Maryland). Played a round in 2:44. Was waved through graciously by the foursome I caught up to on 7. Then, had a nice chat with a twosome of two elderly gents that waved me through on 10.

This never happens to me in SoCal...Why is it so hard to let singles, or fast twosomes pass through? People get so offended when asked.

Posted:
Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
TP5X
Post edited by Hack Daddy on

Comments

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hack Daddy said:

Took the kids to see mom. Played a round in 2:44. Was waved through graciously by the foursome I caught up to on 7. Then, had a nice chat with a twosome of two elderly gents that waved me through on 10.

This never happens to me in SoCal...Why is it so hard to let singles, or fast twosomes pass through? People get so offended when asked. >

Sounds like you had a great day. To answer your question many people that play have no idea on proper golf etiquette regarding letting people play through. Nice to see you found some people that do.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CMUgol4CMUgol4 17, 22, 26, 47, 55, 71 PittsburghMembers  983WRX Points: 117Handicap: 2.4Posts: 983 Golden Tee

Uses to live in SoCal and the problem is the shear amount of people on the (public) courses there. Typically the tee times are booked to the max and there isn't anywhere to go. The only sanity I had playing was waking up before sunrise and getting one of the 1st times of the day otherwise it was 5 hours all day long.

Posted:
    TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
    Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
    TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
    Scotty Cameron Golo
  • iutoddiutodd Members  279WRX Points: 95Posts: 279 Greens

Awesome. I played at 7:30 am a few Saturdays back and played through 4 groups and played in right at 3 hours. I’d never experienced such a thing. Maybe I should play on Saturday mornings more often.

Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4966WRX Points: 736Posts: 4,966 Titanium Tees

Where in SoCal did you play? Kind of looks like that course in Newport Beach (can’t remember the name for the life of me, but nice course for sure).

Posted:
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1120WRX Points: 351Posts: 1,120 Platinum Tees

On -, @bigred90gt said:

Where in SoCal did you play? Kind of looks like that course in Newport Beach (can’t remember the name for the life of me, but nice course for sure).

Maryland, Timbers at Troy. Sorry, I wasn't very clear about that, lol.

This would never happen in SoCal.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer San Jose, CaClubWRX  3816WRX Points: 254Handicap: 4.1Posts: 3,816 ClubWRX

Really depends on the course and how full it is. Some courses have issues of having too many singles and twosomes that they end up getting in that situation. Luckily you had a great time and experience.

Posted:
    Ping 400 Oban Devotion
    Callaway Epic SZ 14* Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Ping Crossover 3 iron 
    Ping S55 TI AMT S400 4-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,58 115
    Odyssey Proto  
    Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Advertisement
  • dayvei214dayvei214 Members  152WRX Points: 47Posts: 152 Fairways

That rarely happen for me which is why I I try to play as early as possible. I think my area the later you the higher the handicap player.

Posted:
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1534WRX Points: 950Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees

just that SoCal mind. Even when trying to merge into another lane, no one lets you though- instead they speed up to block any chance you have of coming in.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • sprcoopsprcoop Tucson, AZMembers  1012WRX Points: 238Handicap: 16.7Posts: 1,012 Platinum Tees

Played with a random Saturday for cheap at a nice course ($14.68 at Starr Pass in Tucson Rattler/Roadrunner). He was a great guy and we had a good time chatting all the way. Never saw a golfer in front or behind us. Teed off around noon and looking at the time after in the parking lot it was 4:20 and I didn't even notice it took that long. That is embarrassing.

I rarely play in foursomes that take over 4 hours.

We obviously weren't in a hurry, he liked to hunt for balls, and it didn't matter because the course was empty (probably because it was 108F) but still embarrassing.

Posted:

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S
    3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R
    3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R
    2I: TourModel III True Temper S
    3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S
    SW: TourModel III True Temper S
    Putter: Cobra Anvil 005
    Ball: Ksig 3 piece

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  14099WRX Points: 2,923Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,099 Titanium Tees

I love other golfers that openly embrace the "play thru us mentality"
    Manners (most of the time they aren't what they used to be)
    Enough about you, let's talk about me again

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu Blueboard 53x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Ping G410 7w 19.5* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki ax400 82x
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey TVD 52m-58m-64* s400
    Piretti Matera Elite

• larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11598WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,598 Titanium Tees

Why didn't you just ask to join them?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MaxBuckMaxBuck Members  526WRX Points: 270Posts: 526 Golden Tee

On -, @Hack Daddy said:

Why is it so hard to let singles, or fast twosomes pass through?

Twosomes? Absolutely. But I was taught early on that singles have no priority on the course. And I've lived by that rule ever since, some 55 years of golf (when I'm the one playing as the single, to clarify).

Posted:
  • tonypizzletonypizzle Members  83WRX Points: 39Posts: 83 Fairways

i generally think people are unaware of the etiquette. i am happy to let faster groups through especially if i have 4 and its only 1 or 2 guys. but yeah, i agree if a course is full and everyone is waiting, theres no real point in letting anyone through.

Posted:
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3736WRX Points: 725Posts: 3,736 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hack Daddy said:

On -, @bigred90gt said:

Maryland, Timbers at Troy. Sorry, I wasn't very clear about that, lol.

This would never happen in SoCal.

thanks for making us MDers looks good :) I moved here from NC after moving to Durham from London, England and find Marylanders to be the salt of the earth.
    Course is only a few miles from me. I will go play it one of these days. In a nice community too. thanks for sharing. You won't happen to be the same Hack Daddy on was it golfopinions? before BSG took over.

Posted:
    SIM 10.5 Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD
    Cobra LTD PRO 
    EVO III FUJI/ Graffaloy Blue
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    Adams XTD TI Hybrid 21-23*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
    SC Newport 2.6
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 

• ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members  2478WRX Points: 146Posts: 2,478 Platinum Tees

Depends completely on where you play. That and what someone else mentioned about the sheer amount of people on the course makes some difference too. I find the more expensive the course, the less likely you are to have people let you play through

Posted:
    Cobra King LTD UST Elements Chrome
    Taylormade '07 Burner 3 Wood Miyazaki B.Asha
    Taylormade '07 Burner 5 Wood Miyazaki B.Asha
    Taylormade '07 Burner 7 Wood Matrix Ozik 6Q3
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold
    Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line
    Taylormade Project (a)
  • DrewBallinDrewBallin Members  113WRX Points: 58Posts: 113 Fairways

If I'm out and people want to pass, by all means go ahead. One thing I absolutely do not like if feeling rushed.

Posted:
    In my Cobra King stand bag

driver-- Cobra King LTD with ust elements fire x-stiff shaft
    hybrids-- Cobra F6 2/3 & 3/4
    irons-- Cobra cb/mb 3-pw KBS c-taper 120 shafts
    wedge-- Cobra tour trusty 56*
    putter-- MLA tour mallet

Advertisement
  • MarkinTN1MarkinTN1 Members  225WRX Points: 63Posts: 225 Fairways

Brush up on the rules folks, singles have standing on the golf course. If play is open ahead of you, let them through, to not do so is not only poor ettiquette, it's against the rules.

Posted:
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Hit 'em straight! South DakotaMembers  1174WRX Points: 148Handicap: 6Posts: 1,174 Platinum Tees

I believe even singles should be able to play thru if they are waiting behind you. Maybe not if the course is packed and allowing them thru doesn’t really help.
    Played a quick 9 this afternoon with a friend. Rainy, gloomy day so not a lot of golfers out. Had a single come up on us quickly while we were putting on 7 green. Promptly let him play thru on 8 tee. Based on experience, a lot of people would just keep playing to the clubhouse but I think it makes more sense to allow him thru.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.