GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Music on Course

trudge ·  
trudgetrudge Members  26WRX Points: 49Handicap: 9.5Posts: 26 Bunkers

So what is the consensus on this? I find it extremely distracting on the course (and I love music and play guitar). Fellow golfers seem to get really pissed when I say I don't want to hear it on the course. Most rounds I have to bite my tongue and suffer through, the whole time wanting to throw the **** speaker in the lake!! lol

Posted:

Comments

• chippa13chippa13 Members  2592WRX Points: 377Posts: 2,592 Titanium Tees

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1777820/music-on-the-course-im-turning-against-it-after-supporting-it/p1
    You can join that one or the 20 other threads that have existed on the topic.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20366WRX Points: 937Posts: 20,366 Titanium Tees

Smails was right...

Posted:

• Snoop Golfie DoggSnoop Golfie Dogg Members  33WRX Points: 31Handicap: 40sPosts: 33 Bunkers

Yet another reason to play alone.

Posted:
  • eleven bravoeleven bravo Members  42WRX Points: 56Posts: 42 Bunkers

On -, @Snoop Golfie Dogg said:

Yet another reason to play alone.

This☝️

Posted:

Advertisement
  • billh17billh17 just happy to play Members  3155WRX Points: 2,647Posts: 3,155 Titanium Tees

notice how they ALWAYS say they keep it low and it can only be heard close to their cart?
    Yet, a whole lot of folks say they are tired of hearing it. Wonder who is correct?

Posted:
    Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • eebombeebomb Members  577WRX Points: 115Posts: 577 Golden Tee

Search icon. Music. Add to discussion. No need for a new thread. There is plenty already in progress

Posted:
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers  624WRX Points: 139Handicap: 13.8Posts: 624 Golden Tee

I hate it.

Posted:
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most
  • chinaskichinaski Dios mio, man. Members  458WRX Points: 134Posts: 458 Greens

I hate it when I'm competing. But, it's fine in a causal buddies foursome/scramble type golf.

Posted:
    Ping Hoofer:

M2 9.5˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60 
    ST190 3W 15˚Atmos Blue TS 7
    ST190 5W 18 or X2 Hot 3H 19˚
    Z U45 23˚ Nippon NS Pro 1150
    Z745 5-PW DG S300
    RTX-4 50M/56F/60L S400TI

Toulon Las Vegas H7

Z-Star XV

Advertisement
  • jaworskijaworski penturner Members  383WRX Points: 71Handicap: 15Posts: 383 Greens

No thanks. I find it annoying when I have to hear music on the course. I agree with another reason to play alone because of this.

Posted:
    [font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, EmojiFont,]The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Prices is Forgotten.[/font]
  • PittknifePittknife Members  141WRX Points: 182Posts: 141 Fairways

They (my private club) and I would put a 9 iron in your bootyhole if you played music on our course. It’s an old school mentality and one I really like at my club. We take our hats off when dining inside and are polite to each other, it’s why I joined there.

When I’m at a public course I suffer through it, I don’t like it but it’s my choice to play a public place.

Music is not for the golf course, the game is hard enough without something messing my tempo and concentration up.

Posted:
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1850WRX Points: 291Handicap: ?Posts: 1,850 Platinum Tees

Private clubs don't care unless specifically stated. Public courses are typical.
    Anyone saying music is not for the golf course has their own reasons for saying so. There was once a time where it was considered inappropriate to play music in the office and then to use head phones in the office. Now, there are studies proving and showing that people are more productive and can concentrate better with tuneage playing in the background.
    I'm not saying putting a sub on your cart or mini speaker and crank it to 11. But, some nice light background beats that only the person or group is aware of is totally fine. And that's only if everyone is cool with it. Special note btw, I've never met a group that is against music, ever.

Posted:
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 520Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees

I like it

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members  4266WRX Points: 541Handicap: 8.2Posts: 4,266 Titanium Tees

On -, @trudge said:

So what is the consensus on this? I find it extremely distracting on the course (and I love music and play guitar). Fellow golfers seem to get really pissed when I say I don't want to hear it on the course. Most rounds I have to bite my tongue and suffer through, the whole time wanting to throw the **** speaker in the lake!! lol

My Brotha! Preach it!

Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 (9.5) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
    Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
    Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95CW R (2019 Forged Tec Modus 105 R trial run ) 
    Vokey SM7 50/8 F
    Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
    Vokey SM7 58/8 M 
    Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)/ Bettinardi BB1/ '16 Tiki
     Wilson Staff FG Tour/ Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1

Advertisement
  • andrueandrue Members  1524WRX Points: 280Handicap: 21Posts: 1,524 Platinum Tees

On -, @elwhippy said:

Just not done in the UK. Awful etiquette.

I came across it for the first time a couple of months ago. The pair in front of me were driving a buggy despite only being in their 30s. Their choice of music was heavy metal which seems an extraordinarily poor choice.

Luckily I was able to keep my distance so didn't notice it often. But I passed them approaching the 17th green as they left the 18th tee box and it all became clear. They were speaking with a North American accent. They seemed to be enjoying themselves which is good but it made me feel better knowing that this horrible trend hadn't infected a British twosome.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • TyeetimeTyeetime Members  68WRX Points: 37Handicap: 11.3Posts: 68 Bunkers

Hate it. We are truly lowering the bar now.

Posted:
  • Neverfadeaway86Neverfadeaway86 Members  266WRX Points: 62Posts: 266 Greens

I am fine with it as long as it isn't loud enough to hear past the hole they are on, I listen to music or podcasts if I am golfing by myself but I will not if I am in a group, I also am mindful that if I am coming up near another group to either turn it down lower or pause it

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G30 9 degree
    3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 15 degree
    5 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 18 degree
    3 Hybrid Ping I20 20 degree
    5-Gap Wedge: Ping G30 
    Sand Wedge: Ping Glide 56 degree 
    ]Lob Wedge: Ping Glide 60 degree
    Putter: Lynx Black Cat BC3 center shaft 
  • golferlairdgolferlaird Members  324WRX Points: 69Posts: 324 Greens

Hate it. I play bass.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • slocagolferslocagolfer Members  581WRX Points: 160Handicap: 8.0Posts: 581 Golden Tee

No. Just no.

Posted:
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3169WRX Points: 808Handicap: 6Posts: 3,169 Titanium Tees

I don't mind it, but do think you need to be aware of the people you are playing with... most of the guys I play with don't listen to music and would probably be offended... some of the younger guys at the club (I'm young but play with old people) will have speakers in their carts... They don't play it loud enough to be heard by other groups.
    Like everything else, just be considerate of those around you.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• jvincentjvincent Members  1640WRX Points: 894Posts: 1,640 Platinum Tees

On -, @andrue said:

On -, @elwhippy said:

Just not done in the UK. Awful etiquette.

I came across it for the first time a couple of months ago. The pair in front of me were driving a buggy despite only being in their 30s. Their choice of music was heavy metal which seems an extraordinarily poor choice.

Luckily I was able to keep my distance so didn't notice it often. But I passed them approaching the 17th green as they left the 18th tee box and it all became clear. They were speaking with a North American accent. They seemed to be enjoying themselves which is good but it made me feel better knowing that this horrible trend hadn't infected a British twosome.

Played with a couple from London last year in Florida. The husband missed the green and was looking at his chip when a foursome rolled up to the tee box that was about 30 yards away with music playing. He stopped, turned and looked at the music guys, and when he turned back the look on his face was priceless. I thought his head was going to explode.

He ended up hitting his chip before they cleared the tee box, which included several more looks in their direction, and actually hit it pretty tight. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had shanked his chip. As we were walking to the next tee he asked me and my buddy if this was a normal occurrence. My buddy, who also hates music on the course, informed him that unfortunately it was. Again, a priceless look on his face. I believe he made a comment about the death penalty if that happened at his home club.

Posted:

Cobra SZ 9* : Tour AD TP 7-S
    Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S
    Cobra 3U set at 18* : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge
    Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Advertisement
  • COmedicCOmedic Members  193WRX Points: 70Posts: 193 Fairways

If everyone in the group is onboard during a casual round and it’s not affecting others then there is no issue. If it’s loud enough to be heard by others then it’s not appropriate. But I’m not a musician, just a fan.

Posted:
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1260WRX Points: 410Posts: 1,260 Platinum Tees

The problem is it nearly always effects others on the course. For it be low enough not to hear green to next tee or fairway butted up against fairway, it’s barely loud enough to hear in the offending cart. And that doesn’t seem to be the volume level of choice. It’s extremely selfish and a terrible indicator of today’s society , me me me me me

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members  536WRX Points: 110Handicap: 2Posts: 536 Golden Tee

For me, it depends on the situation. In a competitive round, a league, tournament, or something like that, I'd have issue with it. In a round that doesn't mean anything, just a couple of us out messing around, I don't care. I was a member of a club, good grief 18 years ago at this point, where several guys had car stereo systems installed in their personal golf carts. I also remember clear as day the time the head pro, who was also part owner of the club, drove his car (blue Lincoln Mark VIII) out to the backside of the driving range and played Superfly by Curtis Mayfield incredibly loud while he and 4 or 5 other guys, including myself, all hit balls and joked around. It's like most other things, has some sense and know your surroundings. If you're on a crowded course, shouldn't blast music. I'd say it's far more common to hear music coming from houses on the course than players on the course.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • trudgetrudge Members  26WRX Points: 49Handicap: 9.5Posts: 26 Bunkers

On -, @MountainGoat said:

Former musician talking -- I hate it.

Wow! Finally! I play guitar also, and pretty much every day, and hate it on the course! Can't for the life of me figure out why, but on the course it's just not right at all!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.