Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Is anyone gaming the T22?

codylowrygolfcodylowrygolf Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭

I’m not going to hate on making a buck. And frankly, it gives people without access a chance to get the putter they want. So... to each his/her own, but I’m seeing WAY more in the BST then I was expecting.

So to my post title... who’s gaming it? Am I the only one who is pumped to see it in action?

If not, why not?

Comments

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of people in the two threads that are gaming it.

• texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was planning on gaming my Newport I have coming in this week but will be selling it to help finance some new P790’s.....don’t plan to gouge, just gonna ask my cost plus s/h/insurance.

. TaylorMade M6 9*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Typical. Snag them and sell at profit. That’s the Scotty motto I think

Ping g410 plus 8* 1 flat Fuji pro 2.0 Ts 6x
    Titleist TS3 16.5* evenflow white t1100 6.5 75g
    Ping g410 19* hybrid 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment

@Kale_m said:
    Typical. Snag them and sell at profit. That’s the Scotty motto I think

It happens in all hobbies

• texcromtexcrom Franklin, TNClubWRX Posts: 3,551 ClubWRX

I’m gaming my Newport, selling the Newport 2 (maybe).
    Played this morning and loved the feel and performance!
    I bought it to play it, not to sell it!

Any combination of 14 of the clubs below make up the bag at any given time:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff 
    Titleist TS3 16.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist U-500 20 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 90g Stiff
    Titleist T-100 4-PW AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron & 4 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - PW AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 46-10F, 50-08F, 54-10S, 60-10S, 60-12D
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport 
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport 2 
    Titleist Pro V1X
    GO VOLS!
  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 17, 2019 9:23pm #7

I think the guys selling them for big money are wieners. It’s like buying up concert tickets to put them back up for a premium. If you need the couple hundred bucks that badly good for you I guess. Not worth my time.

Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Project X HZRDUS HC Black 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  Project X HZRDUS HC Black 75g
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Project X Evenflow 85g
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5i-PW Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 52-F 56-F 60-D Project X LZ 6.0
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M 35"/Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"/Odyssey Double Wide Armlock 42"
    Pro V1x

Currently - 6.2

• NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Played my first 18 hole round with mine today. Love it!!!!

How are we supposed to clean the insert?

@NJGolfer0624 said:
    How are we supposed to clean the insert?

You are fighting an uphill battle. The copper will not stay looking newish. Tarn-x, toothpaste are some options

• HubijerkHubijerk Members Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭

@codylowrygolf said:
    I’m not going to hate on making a buck. And frankly, it gives people without access a chance to get the putter they want. So... to each his/her own, but I’m seeing WAY more in the BST then I was expecting.

So to my post title... who’s gaming it? Am I the only one who is pumped to see it in action?

If not, why not?

I'm not interested in flipping something for just a few hundred profit, I ordered a Newport 2 the day the announcement was made and they sent a Fastback. If it turns out I can't get the putter I ordered while tons of people are gouging I'm done with scotty's forever. By looking at the numbers it seems that lots and lots of the sales went to flippers and I'm guessing guys who had an inside track, or club pro's ordered as many as they could to flip. The way this release was done, I kind of feel like telling Titleist to shove it even if they are able to send me what I ordered, which at this point, seems doubtful.

You can't sneak the cheese by a rat

@Hubijerk said:

@codylowrygolf said:

If not, why not?

I'm not interested in flipping something for just a few hundred profit, I ordered a Newport 2 the day the announcement was made and they sent a Fastback. If it turns out I can't get the putter I ordered while tons of people are gouging I'm done with scotty's forever. By looking at the numbers it seems that lots and lots of the sales went to flippers and I'm guessing guys who had an inside track, or club pro's ordered as many as they could to flip. The way this release was done, I kind of feel like telling Titleist to shove it even if they are able to send me what I ordered, which at this point, seems doubtful.

There’s been less than 200 on eBay. Considering there were 6000-8000 released worldwide that’s a very few being flipped. I haven’t look at the number on the bst and not sure of any of those are also on eBay but the flipping is small on this one. There’s always going to be flippers with Scotty stuff and there’s flippers in every collectible hobby.

• HubijerkHubijerk Members Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s been less than 200 on eBay. Considering there were 6000-8000 released worldwide that’s a very few being flipped. I haven’t look at the number on the bst and not sure of any of those are also on eBay but the flipping is small on this one. There’s always going to be flippers with Scotty stuff and there’s flippers in every collectible hobby.

There have been over 200 sold on ebay so far... another 100-200 listed and keep in mind yesterday was release day, many have not even received them yet if they're coming in the mail and as the market is saturated at this point I'd imagine many are holding for a bit. If theer were 6,000 released which makes sense (based on 1997x3) were well on our way to 10% + being listed unused for resale by the end of release weekend. That's not insignificant. But my issue isn't with flippers, the ones that have sold new on EBAY have sold for 750-850.. barely any profit. My issue is how Titleist has handled orders, they seem to have really done this to rev up the hype machine. As I stated, I put in an order in with the rep before the release was widely reported on and the T22 line seems to have been oversold from what I've read, people have had their orders cancelled. If it ends up that people who ordered one, especially early are forced to go 3rd market to get one, well that's pretty crappy, and I personally won't do it, no matter how much I wanted one.

You can't sneak the cheese by a rat
  • Weston11Weston11 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

I’m gaming and loving my T22 NP2. Putting really well with it!

Driver: TS4 9.5 - Hzrdus Smoke Green 70TX
    Fairway: TS2 15 - Kuro Kage DC XT80
    2 iron: PXG 0311X - $ Taper 130X
    Irons: Titleist 680 (4-9) - DG X7 
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 51F, 55S, and 59M - DG TI S400 Onyx
    Putter: Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m gaming mine. Just need to get out there now.

Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Ping G 17.5° with Tour 80
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-PW
    Ping Tour W 50°
    Vokey SM7 56°/14° and 60°/10°
    Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1x

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • buckeye88usbuckeye88us Members Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I’m loving my T22 NP2 and FB....Putting lights out with both. Just need to find a different headcover.

• masegolf1978masegolf1978 Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve played 27 with mine so far. It definitely already looks “used” so I won’t be selling it anytime soon.

Taylormade 2016 m2 9.5 Whiteboard 73 stiff
    Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff
    M2 2017 19 tour ad-di hybrid
    titleist 710 mb 4-pw
    Vokey 52,56
    Tons of putters
  • padgetpadget Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@masegolf1978 said:
    I’ve played 27 with mine so far. It definitely already looks “used” so I won’t be selling it anytime soon.

Do you mind elaborating? Is it the copper oxidizing? Or the sole’s finish wearing off?
    Or you don’t use a head over lol? Interested to know, the black finish looks good online, have not seen one in person.

• mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Stuart, FLMembers Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭

I am. Played 9 this morning with it. The black finish is great. The face insert needs oil or it will patina quickly which is what some people want.

Witb: pb&j and extra socks
  • MedsonMedson Members Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, this thing can be played? I thought this is a collector item.

@NJGolfer0624 said:
    Played my first 18 hole round with mine today. Love it!!!!

Shot even par with it.
    Too bad I hit it OB on 1 too. Could have been a special round.

• masegolf1978masegolf1978 Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭

@padget said:

@masegolf1978 said:

Do you mind elaborating? Is it the copper oxidizing? Or the sole’s finish wearing off?
    Or you don’t use a head over lol? Interested to know, the black finish looks good online, have not seen one in person.

Finish is fine and much more durable than the old carbon teryliums. But the insert gets the patina quickly. When you first peel the tape off, it’s really bright, and mine has already dulled.

Taylormade 2016 m2 9.5 Whiteboard 73 stiff
    Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff
    M2 2017 19 tour ad-di hybrid
    titleist 710 mb 4-pw
    Vokey 52,56
    Tons of putters
  • ess32ess32 Members Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

My Buttonback needs to go the spa, so I am going to put my T22 in the bag. Can't see the point in selling it or letting it collect dust. It's hitting grass as soon as possible.

• cmrl1986cmrl1986 Members Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Gaming mine. Played 18 with it last week and shot -1. Haven't had it back out yet but it's in the bag right now. Going to do a flat black shaft and a different grip. I pulled the original shaft with grip still in plastic before playing it in case I end up selling it. Also using a swag headcover because I hate velcro, especially on a black finish.

PING G400 LST 8.5 w/ Diamana D+ Whiteboard 60TX
    Mizuno ST190 w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/KBS Prototype 95X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx
    Scotty Cameron Tour 009
    Scotty Cameron T22 Tei3

• ckayckay Members Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post a pic with the flat black shaft? I have a shaft and grip on its way.

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • drscott266drscott266 Members Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭

I had no intentions of gaming it, as my Toulon Las Vegas has been too good lately, but it finally came in and I am impressed. The feel is amazing, even better than the original in my mind, this is the only blade style putter I would need... I never planned to keep in plastic, but after rolling it I could seriously see gaming it. I have had NP2's for years, but this feel exceeds even the Mil Spec I had, seriously buttery and easy to roll.

@masegolf1978 said:

@padget said:

@masegolf1978 said:

Finish is fine and much more durable than the old carbon teryliums. But the insert gets the patina quickly. When you first peel the tape off, it’s really bright, and mine has already dulled.

So far I have only rolled it on a putting green and my carpet and have noticed the insert has scratched... I don't mind as I am totally fine gaming it, just surprised. I never got to see a Buttonback in person, but this faced is milled anyway so different than the retail BB. To be fair the stainless steel Select I have also scratches to it might just be how the light milling wears.

• BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@drscott266 said:

@masegolf1978 said:

@padget said:

@masegolf1978 said:

So far I have only rolled it on a putting green and my carpet and have noticed the insert has scratched... I don't mind as I am totally fine gaming it, just surprised. I never got to see a Buttonback in person, but this faced is milled anyway so different than the retail BB. To be fair the stainless steel Select I have also scratches to it might just be how the light milling wears.

Face scratched? Interesting. Usually only from sandy golf balls

Yadi for President
  • orangeruffyorangeruffy ClubWRX Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

For those of you asking how to maintain....do not do anything!! Its a weapon of battle!! Embrace the battle scares!! I have two original sole stamps. Newport and Sante-fe. Had the Newport refinished by Scotty years ago. It was $70. They sent a piece of paper back with the putter....what is this? Threw it away!! Oops! I have never used since. Both have been in the collections of putters never being used. These two have aged well. The inserts continually change color with age. The Black has faded and disappeared. They are a work of art to me. Should have my new NP today..........this one I'll game!

• jtarblejtarble Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭

I used mine all weekend. I legit think it's the best putter Scotty has produced in the last 10 years. Easily since the Buttonback. Classic TeI feel with updated weight. I'm thinking the black finish will wear nicely as well.

@jtarble said:
    I used mine all weekend. I legit think it's the best putter Scotty has produced in the last 10 years. Easily since the Buttonback. Classic TeI feel with updated weight. I'm thinking the black finish will wear nicely as well.

Exactly my thoughts. Feel of old Tei3 but with current weighting. Makes for a really unique feeling putter, I am very glad I was able to secure one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file