Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Is anyone gaming the T22?

Comments

• Smada962Smada962 Members Posts: 50 ✭✭

Finally picked up mine yesterday. Got a FB and a NP2 and after some testing at home decided to keep and game the NP2 and sold the FB. Tonight will be my first round with it and I can't wait. I will still suck at putting, but at least I'll look good while sucking.

• lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam SoCalMembers Posts: 559 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to game the FB but due to some mix-up, I did not get one. They look amazing though so I can understand people not wanting to game them.

• bripgall3265bripgall3265 DenverMembers Posts: 69 ✭✭

@balls_deep said:
    I think the guys selling them for big money are wieners. It’s like buying up concert tickets to put them back up for a premium. If you need the couple hundred bucks that badly good for you I guess. Not worth my time.

+1....... TOOLS, NOT JEWELS!!!!!!

Nike Dymo SR8T FIT 10.5*
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 15*
    Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro U 3 17* (set at 16)
    Callaway Rogue 4H 20

Ping i-20 orange dot 5-9
    Vokey SM-4 Raw 46-08
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 50-04
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 54-14
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 58-04
    Odyssey Protype #6 340g / Gripmaster Signature Tour Black Grip
    Titleist Pro v1 (2017)
    Lamkin UTx .580 Blue

• TreyMacTreyMac Toronto, CanadaMembers Posts: 4

Definitely gaming my T22 Newport 2. Need to change the tiny grip, but otherwise love the feel of the ball off the face

• philly2kukphilly2kuk Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a couple of rounds I’m seriously in love. This has kicked out the fastback after 5.5 years. Love the thin grip, the feel off the head, everything about it. In my opinion this was worth the money.

Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Ping G 17.5° with Tour 80
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-PW
    Ping Tour W 50°
    Vokey SM7 56°/14° and 60°/10°
    Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1x

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭

I've rolled probably 500 putts with it on my birdie ball putting mat, but I've finally worked up the courage to put it in the bag for my afternoon round today. I haven't been able to keep my hands off of it at home.

Callaway GBB Epic TC...L 9* - Fujikura Ventus 6s
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Tour AD TP 7s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z545 4 Iron - Steelfiber i110s
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • pfw19pfw19 Members Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

I'm gaming my FB T22. It is the best Scotty that I've used (my first was a Studio Stainless). I was told to just wipe the face down with rubbing alcohol occasionally. The insert will patina with time, like a penny. Wiping it will maintain the face of the insert, but the mill marks will "smudge" over time. I'm playing a 35" with 15g weights. The feel is amazing, IMO. I still believe that they will end up mass releasing these, but others say definitely not...so who knows?

• KensingtonParkKensingtonPark Members Posts: 49 ✭✭

We have three in my family: my wife (33FB), my father (33FB), and me (33NP2). We are all gaming our putters and love them!

Titleist TS2 8.5 VA Composites Raijin 64 S
    Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 3 wood
    Miura MB-001 (3-P) Nippon NS Pro 1050GH
    Miura Tour Wedges (54, 58)
    33" Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2 Putter

• whiteout73whiteout73 Members Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gaming my Fastback. I'm 54 holes in. So far, I like it, don't quite love it. I've had zero 3-putts, but haven't really made a whole lot of putts either. So, it basically performs the same as all the other putters in my garage. Who could've seen that coming? :D

D - Ping G400 10-degree SFT, Ping Tour 65S
    3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S
    Hy - Ping G400 19-degree, Alta 70S
    4-U - Ping i25, Ping TFC 189i graphite stiff
    54 and 60 - Bettinardi H2 Cashmere
    P - Bettinardi BB28 Raw Limited
  • ksflva63ksflva63 Mid-AtlanticMembers Posts: 33 ✭✭

I bought it to play. Sold headcover for $125. Cut grip off and put on a good Golf Pride pistol tour only and ordered 20g weights. I thought the new 'pistol' grip on this putter was terrible - there was literally no pistol in the handle. I have had pistoleros on every putters for a decade but am not paying $60 anymore when Golf Pride tour onlys are just as good or better. I may extend putter to 35.5 and flatten a degree.

I have no problem with those that bought to flip. I am, however, upset with the Scotty quality control on these as mine isn't perfect. Some paint fill missing in neck and the insert isn't flush - sticks out enough to notice in the heal. I will not send back thou.

PING G410+ Tensei Orange
    TM M5 15* Speeder Evo 757 OG
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 3/4 TT Elevate
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
    SM7 50F/54S/58S KBS Tour Custom
    Newport Teryllium 2019

• T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ksflva63 said:
    I bought it to play. Sold headcover for $125. Cut grip off and put on a good Golf Pride pistol tour only and ordered 20g weights. I thought the new 'pistol' grip on this putter was terrible - there was literally no pistol in the handle. I have had pistoleros on every putters for a decade but am not paying $60 anymore when Golf Pride tour onlys are just as good or better. I may extend putter to 35.5 and flatten a degree.

I have no problem with those that bought to flip. I am, however, upset with the Scotty quality control on these as mine isn't perfect. Some paint fill missing in neck and the insert isn't flush - sticks out enough to notice in the heal. I will not send back thou.

These didn't come with Pistolero's, they are the Pistolini's. No "pistol" (ax handle) at the top of these.
    Persaonally, I love the Pistolini grips but they are a little too thin for my taste. I remove them and then install 5-6 wraps under them to fatten them up a bit. Feel great after that.

• ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

With 10g weights the Newport II weights 350g

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • erikroerikro Massachusetts Members Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to put mine in play, but I need to change out the weights and I’m also not that excited to make a change mid season.

• scotty_2987scotty_2987 Members Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

Gamed my FB for the first time today. Made 6 birdies and missed 2 more that went by the lip. 27 putts total which is good for me because I average 30.6. I love everything about it.

• denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@codylowrygolf said:
    I’m not going to hate on making a buck. And frankly, it gives people without access a chance to get the putter they want. So... to each his/her own, but I’m seeing WAY more in the BST then I was expecting.

So to my post title... who’s gaming it? Am I the only one who is pumped to see it in action?

If not, why not?

Happily gaming

Callaway Epic Flash SubZero TD - 9* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 70
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero - 15* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 80
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Callaway Razr X MB, 4-W, PX 6.5
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • ksflva63ksflva63 Mid-AtlanticMembers Posts: 33 ✭✭

@T-MAC said:

@ksflva63 said:

These didn't come with Pistolero's, they are the Pistolini's. No "pistol" (ax handle) at the top of these.
    Persaonally, I love the Pistolini grips but they are a little too thin for my taste. I remove them and then install 5-6 wraps under them to fatten them up a bit. Feel great after that.

AHHHH. Well then. I think the new pistolini was fine then as it was thin with no real taper. Thank you for the clarification. I thought I lost my mind.

PING G410+ Tensei Orange
    TM M5 15* Speeder Evo 757 OG
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 3/4 TT Elevate
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
    SM7 50F/54S/58S KBS Tour Custom
    Newport Teryllium 2019

• tdennietdennie Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

I am definitely gaming mine. I think I will stick to the Fastback but the newport also speaks to me. Not sure which one I will use

@ksflva63 said:

I've had my headcover up on eBay with a starting bid of $100 and am getting no interest at all.

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Smada962 said:

@ksflva63 said:

I've had my headcover up on eBay with a starting bid of $100 and am getting no interest at all.

It’s not a coveted cover and without a t22 doesn’t have meaning to anyone. Imo the putter w/o the cover will lose value as well

@GoGoErky said:

@Smada962 said:

@ksflva63 said:

It’s not a coveted cover and without a t22 doesn’t have meaning to anyone. Imo the putter w/o the cover will lose value as well

I'm not worried about the putter losing value. I bought the NP2 to game and plan on keeping it forever and not as an investment. I'm only selling the cover because I've heard numerous people say they got $100+ for it, and a handful have sold recently on ebay for $100+

• MarengoMarengo Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using mine. I was planning on buying this one to keep forever. The guys at the shop thought i was crazy to cut it down to 32" but resale price doesnt matter if you arent going to sell it. Had the regular NP2 but the insert feels so much better than that one.

Just finished building my gamer.

34”, 350g, matte black shaft, white lightning Pistolero.

Stripping paintfill on sole sometime this week.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ckay said:

Can you let me know where I can pick up that shaft??

. TaylorMade M6 9*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x

@texasdave said:

@ckay said:

Can you let me know where I can pick up that shaft??

I bought mine on eBay from putterlounge. He has a website too. Make sure you get a .355 tip.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

@ckay said:

@ckay said:

Can hardly wait to see the sole stripped. I want to do the same. Are you going to use acetone or lacquers?

Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB

@WillyL said:
    Can hardly wait to see the sole stripped. I want to do the same. Are you going to use acetone or lacquers?

To strip the paintfill I use a an aerosol stripper gel. Goes on easy and stays on. Strips even the most stubborn paintfill clean as a whistle.

I will leave the engravings naked or fill black enamel for a little bit of contrast against the black finish.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

Any worries about the black finish?

Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
    edited Aug 28, 2019 8:34pm #60

@WillyL said:

On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@WillyL said:

should be more durable than previous black putters. or at least they say with their new name.

TACTICAL MATTE BLACK FINISH
    Aesthetically pleasing and engineered to knock down sun glare, the misted stainless steel putter head of each Teryllium T22 is treated with a tactical matte black finish for enhanced durability, improving upon the earlier models’ corrosion-prone carbon steel construction.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights