Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Is anyone gaming the T22?

13

Comments

  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    I was just worried about using solvent on the body of the putter, to remove the white paint. I don't want to screw up the black finish.

    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
  • GolfdoctorGolfdoctor Members Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    How did you remove the paint form the grip, if so what did you use? Thanks

  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

    @Yanki01 said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    should be more durable than previous black putters. or at least they say with their new name.

    TACTICAL MATTE BLACK FINISH
    Aesthetically pleasing and engineered to knock down sun glare, the misted stainless steel putter head of each Teryllium T22 is treated with a tactical matte black finish for enhanced durability, improving upon the earlier models’ corrosion-prone carbon steel construction.

    I hope so👍🏻

    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @WillyL said:

    @Yanki01 said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    should be more durable than previous black putters. or at least they say with their new name.

    TACTICAL MATTE BLACK FINISH
    Aesthetically pleasing and engineered to knock down sun glare, the misted stainless steel putter head of each Teryllium T22 is treated with a tactical matte black finish for enhanced durability, improving upon the earlier models’ corrosion-prone carbon steel construction.

    I hope so👍🏻

    Maybe. The wording here, they’re comparing this finish to the original TeI3’s black oxide. So yes this is way more durable. Doesn’t sound like they’re comparing it to the 2012 black mist Selects. That’s the comparison I think most people are wondering about. I’m sure this is a very similar, if not the same, finish. Time and rounds will tell.

  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    i think it's the same also but just a different name. #marketing

    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Golfdoctor said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    How did you remove the paint form the grip, if so what did you use? Thanks

    the white grip? i think that's just the white pistolero.

    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @WillyL said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    I was just worried about using solvent on the body of the putter, to remove the white paint. I don't want to screw up the black finish.

    It won’t harm the finish. Just be careful of the elastomer as it will ruins it. I would get the stripper gel available in aerosol as the gel stays where you spray it.

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    I was just worried about using solvent on the body of the putter, to remove the white paint. I don't want to screw up the black finish.

    It won’t harm the finish. Just be careful of the elastomer as it will ruins it. I would get the stripper gel available in aerosol as the gel stays where you spray it.

    Thanks ckay. Look forward to your pics.

    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
  • collindm1collindm1 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

    Putter rolls so well - bought one today - Newport 2, 35". It might knock my 2014/2015 Newport out of the bag. It is a little more firm than his last all milled putters, different sounding. The milled line of 2014 is more muted and the T-22 has a bit of clicky-ness to it. Very responsive and distance control seems to be seemless.

  • niscur24niscur24 Members Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just finally got my first round in with it last night. Rolls pretty darn nice. Hate the grip but then again I've always hated this type of grip and I hadn't had a chance to throw a 3.0 on it yet.

    DRIVER: G400 Ahina 70 or Cobra F8+ Rogue Silver 70
    FAIRWAY: G410 14.5 Evenflow 85 or Cobra F8+ 3/4 & 5/6 Tour Blue 85
    HYBRIDS: G Hybrid 17/22 Tour 90 or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
    IRONS: I210 5-PW LZ 6.0 or Cobra Tour Forged 5-Pw KBS Flighted 125
    WEDGES: Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0 or Nike Vr Forged 50/54/58 DG
    PUTTER: Some form of a Scotty or Betti
    WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/






  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @WillyL said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    I was just worried about using solvent on the body of the putter, to remove the white paint. I don't want to screw up the black finish.

    It won’t harm the finish. Just be careful of the elastomer as it will ruins it. I would get the stripper gel available in aerosol as the gel stays where you spray it.

    Thanks ckay. Look forward to your pics.

    Me too
    can't wait to see how it looks stripped

    Yadi for President
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BYK said:

    @WillyL said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Any worries about the black finish?

    On the putter or the shaft? I've had a lot of black mist Camerons, and it will never be streakless. It is what it is, I may blast the finish off at some point.
    If you are referencing the shaft, it should be durable enough until it makes contact with something that chips it. If it starts chipping I will just reshaft it with the chrome one. I have had Scotty PVD shafts and those chipped as well. Chrome is just much more durable.

    I was just worried about using solvent on the body of the putter, to remove the white paint. I don't want to screw up the black finish.

    It won’t harm the finish. Just be careful of the elastomer as it will ruins it. I would get the stripper gel available in aerosol as the gel stays where you spray it.

    Thanks ckay. Look forward to your pics.

    Me too
    can't wait to see how it looks stripped

    Had a hard time getting a clean strip so I ended up filling it with black. Letting it dry at the moment and will wipe it clean tomorrow.

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Here are a couple of pics. I ended up doing a textured fill to have it stand out a little bit. If I let the enamel harden fully it would be smooth and shiny and was thinking it would get “lost” a little bit.


    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 30, 2019 3:54am #75

    @ckay said:
    Here are a couple of pics. I ended up doing a textured fill to have it stand out a little bit. If I let the enamel harden fully it would be smooth and shiny and was thinking it would get “lost” a little bit.


    Looks fantastic‼️ Love the clean look. I can hardly wait to get at mine. Great job.

    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
  • texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Can hardly wait to see the sole stripped. I want to do the same. Are you going to use acetone or lacquers?

    To strip the paintfill I use a an aerosol stripper gel. Goes on easy and stays on. Strips even the most stubborn paintfill clean as a whistle.

    I will leave the engravings naked or fill black enamel for a little bit of contrast against the black finish.

    Any chance you can add a pic or the name of the aerosol stripper you used?

    . TaylorMade M6 9*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:
    Here are a couple of pics. I ended up doing a textured fill to have it stand out a little bit. If I let the enamel harden fully it would be smooth and shiny and was thinking it would get “lost” a little bit.


    Very nice
    Wonder how it'd look with the bomb in the weight painted black too
    The only other thing about this putter that I felt was odd was the blank silver weight

    Yadi for President
  • pascoepascoe Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

    @ckay said:
    Here are a couple of pics. I ended up doing a textured fill to have it stand out a little bit. If I let the enamel harden fully it would be smooth and shiny and was thinking it would get “lost” a little bit.


    Looks great!

  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @texasdave said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Can hardly wait to see the sole stripped. I want to do the same. Are you going to use acetone or lacquers?

    To strip the paintfill I use a an aerosol stripper gel. Goes on easy and stays on. Strips even the most stubborn paintfill clean as a whistle.

    I will leave the engravings naked or fill black enamel for a little bit of contrast against the black finish.

    Any chance you can add a pic or the name of the aerosol stripper you used?

    Here you go. Just be mindful of the elastomer/silicone. It bubbles if you make contact for a while. I have had to unexpectedly redo an entire buttonback years ago.

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @texasdave said:

    @ckay said:

    @WillyL said:
    Can hardly wait to see the sole stripped. I want to do the same. Are you going to use acetone or lacquers?

    To strip the paintfill I use a an aerosol stripper gel. Goes on easy and stays on. Strips even the most stubborn paintfill clean as a whistle.

    I will leave the engravings naked or fill black enamel for a little bit of contrast against the black finish.

    Any chance you can add a pic or the name of the aerosol stripper you used?

    Here you go. Just be mindful of the elastomer/silicone. It bubbles if you make contact for a while. I have had to unexpectedly redo an entire buttonback years ago.

    Thank you, Sir..

    . TaylorMade M6 9*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BYK said:

    Very nice
    Wonder how it'd look with the bomb in the weight painted black too
    The only other thing about this putter that I felt was odd was the blank silver weight

    I might fill the bombs tonight so you can see how that looks.

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • bordercitygolferbordercitygolfer Members Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

    I'll be perusing the web over the winter months for used Fastbacks. The 1.5 Fastback is a total gamer for me. Rolls the rock amazing. Not shelling out for profits.

    Driver - TM M6, Matrix Ozik MFS M5 black tie X
    3W - Callaway Epic, Fubuki X
    H - Nike VRS 3&4, Fubuki S
    Irons - Bridgestone J40, ProjectX 6.0
    Wedges - Scratch DD 50/53/58
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Global Limited, Mills Ming

  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BYK said:
    Very nice
    Wonder how it'd look with the bomb in the weight painted black too
    The only other thing about this putter that I felt was odd was the blank silver weight

    Did the bombs tonight. Looks OK, not sold on it but don’t hate it

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • MontanagolfMontanagolf Members Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @BYK said:
    Very nice
    Wonder how it'd look with the bomb in the weight painted black too
    The only other thing about this putter that I felt was odd was the blank silver weight

    Did the bombs tonight. Looks OK, not sold on it but don’t hate it

    I like it!

  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ckay said:

    @BYK said:
    Very nice
    Wonder how it'd look with the bomb in the weight painted black too
    The only other thing about this putter that I felt was odd was the blank silver weight

    Did the bombs tonight. Looks OK, not sold on it but don’t hate it

    Nice!
    It's funny, now that the bombs are black, I almost think I'd like the Teryllium in dirty white
    I like it much better than stock!

    Yadi for President
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I think I prefer the weights all silver as it was before. That black, textured paint fill in the lettering looks awesome. Great work sir.

    Taylormade M3 440 10* - Tensei Pro Blue 60tx
    Titleist TS2 16.5* - Diamana S+ 72x
    Callaway 815 Alpha 20* - UST iRoD 85x
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 5-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Callaway MD4 50.10S - DG Tour Issue 115
    Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
    Taylormade TP5x
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Thank you!

    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Finally got mine to the course today. Feels great. Definitely lived up to expectations for me.

  • NDeferNDefer Members Posts: 19 ✭✭

    Played with my fastback 1.5 this weekend. Feels fantastic, my favourite putter in a long time. The weight is very nice, going to leave the t22 Newport for a later date.

  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Had it in play for a couple of rounds. Feel is very good on pure strikes, but I’m working through some distance control issues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file