Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

2 days at Lake Tahoe, Course recommendations?

PlayinPingPlayinPing Members Posts: 71 ✭✭

I will in Tahoe at the end of September. Looking to play on A Thursday (maybe 36) and Friday. Still haven't booked the hotel because I am hoping to identify the courses first. Not sure if we should be in North or South Tahoe. Any guidance/advice is appreciated.

Comments

• BUCKEYERBALL88BUCKEYERBALL88 Members Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • DCLeftyDCLefty Washington, DCMembers Posts: 12 ✭✭

Whitehawk is about an hour from Truckee. Played it about three weeks ago and it was absolutely superb. Conditions were excellent, layout is varied and challenging, greens rolled true, and best of all, the views are amazing (even from the driving range). Had a blast. Highly recommend it.

• BUCKEYERBALL88BUCKEYERBALL88 Members Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve heard good things about white hawk. You could do 36 wh and grizzly. They are 25 mins apart. Grizzly’s rates drop significantly at 2pm

• titleistektitleistek Members Posts: 70 ✭✭

Sch-affers mill, martis camp, clear creek if you can. WH and grizzly are both great fun!

• goaliedad30goaliedad30 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

How about two 36 hole days? Whitehawk/Grizzly Ranch one day, and Old Greenwood/Gray's Crossing the other? For that, you'd want to stay on the North Shore - Truckee or thereabouts.

• shaneyankshaneyank Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Truckee (North Lake) has some great golf.

As previously mentioned, Old Greenwood and Grays Crossing make a great 36.

Consider checking out Coyote Moon. Amazing course and amazing views.

Truckee is about a 30 minutes drive from Lake Tahoe itself but I think it’s worth it.

The links at Squaw Valey are meh, but certainly convenient.

• titleistektitleistek Members Posts: 70 ✭✭

I’ve done 36 same day at white hawk/grizzly and 36 at old green /grays. White/grizzly is better in my opinion. You can also check out dragon...some hate it and some love it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file