GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

2 days at Lake Tahoe, Course recommendations?

PlayinPing ·  
PlayinPingPlayinPing Members  71WRX Points: 47Handicap: 9.5Posts: 71 Bunkers

I will in Tahoe at the end of September. Looking to play on A Thursday (maybe 36) and Friday. Still haven't booked the hotel because I am hoping to identify the courses first. Not sure if we should be in North or South Tahoe. Any guidance/advice is appreciated.

Posted:

Comments

• BUCKEYERBALL88BUCKEYERBALL88 Members  1042WRX Points: 76Handicap: 13Posts: 1,042 Platinum Tees

Grizzly ranch

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DCLeftyDCLefty Washington, DCMembers  12WRX Points: 3Posts: 12 Bunkers

Whitehawk is about an hour from Truckee. Played it about three weeks ago and it was absolutely superb. Conditions were excellent, layout is varied and challenging, greens rolled true, and best of all, the views are amazing (even from the driving range). Had a blast. Highly recommend it.

Posted:
  • BUCKEYERBALL88BUCKEYERBALL88 Members  1042WRX Points: 76Handicap: 13Posts: 1,042 Platinum Tees

I’ve heard good things about white hawk. You could do 36 wh and grizzly. They are 25 mins apart. Grizzly’s rates drop significantly at 2pm

Posted:
  • titleistektitleistek Members  91WRX Points: 41Handicap: 9Posts: 91 Fairways

Sch-affers mill, martis camp, clear creek if you can. WH and grizzly are both great fun!

Posted:
  • goaliedad30goaliedad30 Members  104WRX Points: 123Handicap: 4Posts: 104 Fairways

How about two 36 hole days? Whitehawk/Grizzly Ranch one day, and Old Greenwood/Gray's Crossing the other? For that, you'd want to stay on the North Shore - Truckee or thereabouts.

Posted:
  • shaneyankshaneyank Members  139WRX Points: 84Handicap: 6Posts: 139 Fairways

Truckee (North Lake) has some great golf.

As previously mentioned, Old Greenwood and Grays Crossing make a great 36.

Consider checking out Coyote Moon. Amazing course and amazing views.

Truckee is about a 30 minutes drive from Lake Tahoe itself but I think it’s worth it.

The links at Squaw Valey are meh, but certainly convenient.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • titleistektitleistek Members  91WRX Points: 41Handicap: 9Posts: 91 Fairways

I’ve done 36 same day at white hawk/grizzly and 36 at old green /grays. White/grizzly is better in my opinion. You can also check out dragon...some hate it and some love it.

Posted:
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members  3759WRX Points: 355Handicap: 3.8Posts: 3,759 Titanium Tees

Coyote moon is great aside from a few stupid holes. North Lake is way better for golf than south lake. South lake is better for everything else.

Posted:
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • icegator337icegator337 Members  19WRX Points: 21Handicap: 6Posts: 19 Bunkers

I've only been to South Lake Tahoe. Edgewood is awesome but it's around $300 to play. I really liked Genoa Lakes Ranch course. It's about 30 minutes from SLT but it has great views of the valley and mountains, the course was in great shape too.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.