Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Jordans either delivered to wrong house or stolen

diamanared77diamanared77 Members Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

So UPS showed they were delivered to my front porch at 1:55 today and when I got home they were no where in sight!!! What sucks is I have wanted a pair of Jordan Golf shoes since they came out and sold a Tour Issue Driver to get them and then this heppens. I was so excited to wear them next weekend to my two day two man shootout. Seller said he is gonna look into it with UPS Monday so we will see

Comments

• kdog25kdog25 Members Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it works out for you but with all the on line commerce porch bandits are still on the rise. Friggin scumbags.

• diamanared77diamanared77 Members Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know right it’s terrible and they got me for my Jordan’s and what sucks worse is it was the purple silver and black ones that you can’t find anywhere lol

• buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

That’s ridiculous. I put up my cameras mainly for this reason. Wyze.com - cameras with all the bells and whistles and free cloud storage for $20

• magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@buckets on buckets said:
    That’s ridiculous. I put up my cameras mainly for this reason. Wyze.com - cameras with all the bells and whistles and free cloud storage for $20

And that doesn’t do s&[email protected] Got 2 people on my camera stealing a box (of children’s books, have fun morons) called usps and police. Usps said contact the seller but it was delivered so... SOL

The police? Yea they said don’t confront them if you catch them again since they probably have box cutters.

Figures it happened on a day I wasn’t home & my wife had our 2 German Shepards with her.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Some driving iron for Links courses
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
    A Vokey wedge or 2
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@magnus7319 said:

And that doesn’t do s&[email protected] Got 2 people on my camera stealing a box (of children’s books, have fun morons) called usps and police. Usps said contact the seller but it was delivered so... SOL

The police? Yea they said don’t confront them if you catch them again since they probably have box cutters.

Figures it happened on a day I wasn’t home & my wife had our 2 German Shepards with her.

What if I have more than a box cutter? Can I confront them then?

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Diamana Ahina 70
    5wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 18° (T.I. small head 19°)| Matrix 8Q3 Red Tie
    Irons: Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4 iron | Recoil 95 / FG Tour V6 raw 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GoIrish17 said:

@magnus7319 said:

That’s exactly what I said to the officer.

Ultimately it’s just ‘stuff’... but it’s the feeling of being violated, honestly.

It just sucks any way you slice it.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Some driving iron for Links courses
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
    A Vokey wedge or 2
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 18, 2019 3:22pm #8

Man that really stinks. Any chance they delivered to your neighbor? I’ve had this happen a couple times.

And I would introduce the robbers to my buddies Smith & Wesson! Probably let them meet Mr. Winchester and Mr. Glock too. ;)

• Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

check with your neighbors. I absolutely despise UPS. they delivered both my wifes and I apple watch to the street behind me. I've had two other packages to one other neighbor two houses down. thankfully all of them dropped them off to me. I've also received other neighbors packages. I'll never use them to mail packages. they're always a day later and more expensive than FedEx.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Has also happened to me before and is very frustrating. That's why anything of value I send requires a signature. Hope you find them.

• 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,310 mod

Confirm they sent it to the right address. I've had items delivered down the street due to transposed address numbers.

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

Yeah they were sent to the right adress for sure

• indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭

I had it just happen to me and i am out the $ and club ($400 driver). Seller was also going to look into it, but since it said delivered I was SOL!
    There is a possibility that the shoes will show up Monday. Sometimes they mark delivered and package shows up a day or 2 later. Ive given up on my driver. Haven't oredered anything since.

• buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@magnus7319 said:

I hear you there. My hope is that the cameras deter them but it is bs that we need to worry about it. Other things I do are put a sign on the ground to leave packages at back and send things to my work address. Doesn’t help the op now but hopefully you can find ways to deter in future.

• jdvela55jdvela55 Sin City, NVMembers Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller is on the hook! This should’ve had Signature Confirmation or some type of signature required. These type of things are easily avoided with a signature.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS AZTEC575

TM R1 w/ Oban Devotion
    Callaway Xhot 3 deep Oban Revenge
    Ping G25 5w Oban Kiyoshi
    Callaway Apex 5 - PW w/ KBS V Steel
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #2
    Callaway MD 2 50*, 54*, and 58* wedges
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jdvela55 said:
    Seller is on the hook! This should’ve had Signature Confirmation or some type of signature required. These type of things are easily avoided with a signature.

This is incorrect. Seller can prove delivery.

“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

@SubaruWRX said:

@jdvela55 said:

This is incorrect. Seller can prove delivery.

Can he say the seller actually got them? It’s an extra couple bucks to make sure someone signs for it. Especially on a high priced item. That’s all I’m saying.

TM R1 w/ Oban Devotion
    Ping G25 5w Oban Kiyoshi
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #2
  • JaNelson38JaNelson38 Members Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jdvela55 said:

How is the seller on the hook for having merchandise they shipped properly get stolen? It's not their fault.

This is one reason I really dont like sending or receiving expensive merchandise to my home unless I know I can be home when the merchandise is scheduled to arrive. The last time I bought an iron set from an online retailer, I actually took off work the afternoon it was scheduled to arrive, for the sole reason to make sure nothing happened to my package. Many other folks have packages shipped to their work for this reason as well.

@JaNelson38 said:

@jdvela55 said:

How is the seller on the hook for having merchandise they shipped properly get stolen? It's not their fault.

This is one reason I really dont like sending or receiving expensive merchandise to my home unless I know I can be home when the merchandise is scheduled to arrive. The last time I bought an iron set from an online retailer, I actually took off work the afternoon it was scheduled to arrive, for the sole reason to make sure nothing happened to my package. Many other folks have packages shipped to their work for this reason as well.

That can be debated all day long. All I’m saying is high ticket items should have a signature attached to them. Work that cost into the price. My opinion is it’s the sellers responsibility until the buyer has possession of said item. Again my opinion.

TM R1 w/ Oban Devotion
    Ping G25 5w Oban Kiyoshi
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #2
  • icecat88icecat88 Members Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just request usps fedex and ups to hold my packages yea might be little inconvenience to go pick up but think it beats the alternative

• jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I send anything of value to my office. Sucks OP, but like everyone says it might have gone to the wrong address. Ordered a putter and wedge for my dad for Christmas and it got delivered across the street. Neighbor brought it by later that night.

Yeah I put out a notice yesterday on our neighborhoods Facebook nothing yet so we will see

• goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 19, 2019 11:48am #23

That can be debated all day long. All I’m saying is high ticket items should have a signature attached to them. Work that cost into the price. My opinion is it’s the sellers responsibility until the buyer has possession of said item. Again my opinion.

Seller is responsible for getting it to the address and not your hands. You’re responsible once it hits your property

• jblough99jblough99 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the seller insure the package for the actual value? You need to find this out first and foremost. You can file a claim with UPS stating you never received the package. They will have the driver do a follow up with you, you will need the sign off saying you never received the item. UPS will then pay the claim. This is where my original question comes in to play, you will either receive what the seller insured it for or the default $100 max if it was not insured. Good luck to you but most ppl don’t pay the extra to have things insured.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jblough99 said:
    Did the seller insure the package for the actual value? You need to find this out first and foremost. You can file a claim with UPS stating you never received the package. They will have the driver do a follow up with you, you will need the sign off saying you never received the item. UPS will then pay the claim. This is where my original question comes in to play, you will either receive what the seller insured it for or the default $100 max if it was not insured. Good luck to you but most ppl don’t pay the extra to have things insured.

UPS will pay insurance on an item that shows as delivered to the correct address but the buyer claims never received the item?

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Diamana Ahina 70
    5wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 18° (T.I. small head 19°)| Matrix 8Q3 Red Tie
    Irons: Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4 iron | Recoil 95 / FG Tour V6 raw 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• jblough99jblough99 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 21, 2019 11:14am #26

They will, but that address will now be flagged and all deliveries to that address will now be signature required. These claims happen all the time. If a delivery is signed for and someone tries to file a claim, UPS is off the hook.

• courcy75courcy75 Members Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

ALWAYS use a commercial address as it will require signature.

Driver: TM 17' M1 9.5 Kuro Kage S
    TM 07' Burner TP 3 wood
    TM 07’ Burner TP 5 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Mizuno T7 52 Satin
    Mizuno T7 56 blue 
    Nike Engage 60 Dual Sole
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach
  • mmoranmmoran Members Posts: 31 ✭✭

File a complaint with your credit card company that item was never received. Seller is responsible for the item until buyer receives it. Shipping company is an agent of the seller. Insurance and signature required deliveries are to protect the seller, not the buyer.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 22, 2019 5:04pm #29

@GoIrish17 said:

@magnus7319 said:

Lol. Same thought. ... like the old saying goes. “ waving a knife just gives somebody license to kill you “.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 22, 2019 5:16pm #30

@jdvela55 said:

Nope. Not on the hook at all.

Flip it around. Plenty of buyers could and would lie and claim they didnt get items if the seller was on the hook. They’d get items and money back then. You can call in a charge back. But once the seller provides tracking that proves delivery. Money will be returned to seller. Rightfully so.

Signature required turns alot of buyers off since they can’t be at home to sign. Signature required does protect the sender. But not for what you think. It’s More for legal items. Documents , etc that one may need to prove was placed into a hand. Seller has tracking to prove shipment and delivery.
    Theft is theft. Can’t blame it on anyone but the thief . It’s unfortunate but not the sellers fault.

Suppose you got the shoes and then wore them to dinner. And you were mugged on the way. Is that theft the sellers fault ? Nope. It’s literally the exact same thing.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As a seller, you're just contracting out the delivery of your item to a third party. It's in your best interest as the seller to require a signature for delivery verification, as a buyer usually has recourse with their credit card company, PayPal, etc. You should always direct your contractor (USPS, FedEx, UPS, Canada Post, etc) to require a signature and proof of delivery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file