GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Pro V1 Left Dash Coming to Retail Oct 1st

Comments

• drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members  2684WRX Points: 285Handicap: +.7Posts: 2,684 Titanium Tees

Yep. Grass is always greener. I’m guilty myself but I believe the benefits of being consistent and really becoming confident and comfortable with one ball far outway any yardage or spin you may pick up or drop by constantly switching to others, chasing the unicorn.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade M6 Tensei Pro Orange V3 70TX
    Ping G410 19* Hybrid Tensei PO 100TX
    Revolving door
    Honma TW W4 52/56/60 Modus 125 Wedge
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    Snell MTB X
    Ping Hoofer Multicam
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11814WRX Points: 1,611Posts: 11,814 Titanium Tees

On -, @drvrwdge said:

Yep. Grass is always greener. I’m guilty myself but I believe the benefits of being consistent and really becoming confident and comfortable with one ball far outway any yardage or spin you may pick up or drop by constantly switching to others, chasing the unicorn.

I know an anecdote of one isolated incident is meaningless. But this weekend I hit about a 30-yard pitch shot over a bunker with my SW and it came off the club perfectly. But honest to goodness, the instant I looked up and saw the ball I had a vivid image of it landed in the fringe a couple feet short of the green, taking a soft hop and coming up 10 feet short of the hole. I meant to hit it a couple yards farther so it would roll out a bit rather than being killed in the fringe.

Sure enough, it landed inches short of the green, took that soft hop and I ended up with about a 12-footer for par. That sort of thing happens all the time when I'm playing Pro V1x. It's just from hundreds and hundreds of rounds played with the same ball model.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • Natural1Natural1 Members  164WRX Points: 96Posts: 164 Fairways

The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.
    Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

Posted:
  • BAlberstadtBAlberstadt GolfWRX Staff Writer United StatesMarshals, Media Staffer  173WRX Points: 58Posts: 173 Marshals

Posted:
  • JD3JD3 Members  5072WRX Points: 407Posts: 5,072 Titanium Tees

On -, @Natural1 said:

The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.
    Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

Posted:
    TM M1 2017 10.5 Aldila NV 2KXV Green X
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Tensei CK White 70x 
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Yururi Tataki Wedges 52.5 and 60.5 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0x
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2808WRX Points: 986Posts: 2,808 Titanium Tees

On -, @JD3 said:

On -, @Natural1 said:

I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

Not supposedly it was and that’s confirmed in several recent articles

I’m pretty sure titleist had the Prov1 ready or close to it before tigers win. They launched it in October of that year. Was the release early due to the win maybe but it’s not like they developed it in less than 4 months.

The left dash isn’t new either

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20366WRX Points: 937Posts: 20,366 Titanium Tees

I thought this was a fake thread at first, because the name of the ball sounded odd. What is the price point for these?

Posted:

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4639WRX Points: 1,655Posts: 4,639 Titanium Tees

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

I thought this was a fake thread at first, because the name of the ball sounded odd. What is the price point for these?

Same price as the current V1/V1X.

Posted:
  • monks66monks66 Members  948WRX Points: 130Posts: 948 Golden Tee

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

I did too the first i heard of it, i was lile LOL the guy taht quoted me was busting my stones..lol

Posted:
  • BenJordenBenJorden Members  5WRX Points: 37Posts: 5 Bunkers

On -, @lazyjc4 said:

On -, @tbowles411 said:

On -, @lazyjc4 said:

Is it that much different than the AVX? I have loved the results I've had with that ball.

This makes me think the AVX was a precursor to this ball.

I've no idea how well the AVX is selling, maybe Titleist believes that the similar spec ball can sell better under the PROV1 flagship, rather than be branded as an all together different ball.

The AVX is designed for a lower trajectory, the left dash is designed for a higher ball flight

Posted:
  • TwinsgolfTwinsgolf Members  5WRX Points: 51Posts: 5 Bunkers

Will the Left dash come in YELLOW

Posted:

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11814WRX Points: 1,611Posts: 11,814 Titanium Tees

On -, @Twinsgolf said:

Will the Left dash come in YELLOW

No yellow, no custom numbers. This is a very niche product.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16859WRX Points: 1,017Handicap: 4-5Posts: 16,859 Titanium Tees

The AVX wasn't made for tour pros, but amateurs that want a distance ball that looks like ProV1. I played AVX for a month, it was too soft and not nearly as good around the greens as ProV so went back to the ProV.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber i110 "S"
    Titleist 620 CB/MB 3i-PW, Steelfiber i110/i125 "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber i125 "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1 & AVX

On -, @Pepperturbo said:

The AVX wasn't made for tour pros, but amateurs that want a distance ball that looks like ProV1. I played AVX for a month, it was too soft and not nearly as good around the greens as ProV so went back to the ProV.

After initially being a fan of AVX (mostly due to the 10 yards or so of extra rollout on my tee shots) it eventually become impossible to deny the fact that "spins less" will occasionally mean not holding a firm green.

I reconfirmed that this weekend by playing the last two holes of a round with an AVX dredged up from the bottom of my golf bag after I lost my Pro V1x. There's one green that pitches away from the fairway and is very difficult to hold for those of us with limited clubhead speed. Fortunately, on the right side of the green there's a mound that will provide a backstop if you are hitting your approach from the left side of the fairway. I took care of the first half of the strategy with a tee shot that just barely stayed inside left edge of the fairway.

My shot with the AVX was a cleanly struck 8-iron that landed right at the base of the backstop. With Pro V1x that ball runs 3-4 feet up the side of the mound, then peels off and circles around onto the back of the green. With the AVX it climbed about 10 feet, rumbled on over the top of the mound and settled in the fringe 40 feet from the hole. Ended up missing a 3-1/2 foot par putt.

Low spin giveth and low spin taketh away. I'm firmly back in the "give me all the spin I can get on irons and wedges" camp, myself.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • kftgolferkftgolfer New JerseyMembers  640WRX Points: 90Posts: 640 Golden Tee
    Posted:
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 NJMembers  1124WRX Points: 301Handicap: 4Posts: 1,124 Platinum Tees

On -, @Natural1 said:

Sounds like the Titleist version of the TP5x.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
    2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
    Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Advertisement

That's the straight interview with the TItleist marketing guy. Thanks for the link.

Much more straight-talk than the highly "paraphrased" version on The Forum Which Shall Not Be Named.

P.S. The last thing I need is less spin but there's that little demon on my shoulder saying, "It will be October 1 before you know it...."

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  363WRX Points: 235Handicap: 2.4Posts: 363 Greens

On -, @chjyner97 said:

I am excited to try it out. Especially in the Texas winds, we have down here.

Yes sir, me too! My perfect ball would be a really low launching, low spinning variant of the PRO V1X (since I prefer harder balls, that go farther with driver), but this is much better for me than the regular Pro V1X, we will see. Texas wind is no joke (San Antonio, here)

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

• bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

Posted:
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1109WRX Points: 342Posts: 1,109 Platinum Tees

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @JD3 said:

On -, @Natural1 said:

Not supposedly it was and that’s confirmed in several recent articles

I’m pretty sure titleist had the Prov1 ready or close to it before tigers win. They launched it in October of that year. Was the release early due to the win maybe but it’s not like they developed it in less than 4 months.

The left dash isn’t new either

Been using TPx dash for years...

Posted:
    Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen Members  503WRX Points: 84Posts: 503 Golden Tee

When can these be ordered

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @stuart.f.cohen said:

When can these be ordered

Oct 1, 2019

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • 2over2over Members  231WRX Points: 136Posts: 231 Fairways

On -, @bladehunter said:

So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

Posted:

On -, @2over said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

Geez, I had talked myself out of even trying them for curiosity sake. But when you tell me there's a LIMITED SUPPLY? Oh my goodness, now I've got to have some.

I am pathetic.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @2over said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

I am. Just hate to be the hog that buys all 6. lol

Posted:
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 NJMembers  1124WRX Points: 301Handicap: 4Posts: 1,124 Platinum Tees

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @2over said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

I am. Just hate to be the hog that buys all 6. lol

Welcome to my life...

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
    2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
    Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Advertisement
  • SkolGolfTNSkolGolfTN Members  23WRX Points: 49Posts: 23 Bunkers

Multiple ppl have stated this ball is low launch low spin unless you have high swing speed. Yet the tour players listed in the PGAtour.com article were mostly lower swing speed guys, and the article claims high launch (dimple pattern) with low spin. I’m getting a strong vibe that this is actually going to help lower swing speed guys - high compression, low spin?? LETS GO

Posted:
  • SkolGolfTNSkolGolfTN Members  23WRX Points: 49Posts: 23 Bunkers

Also- these release today, does anyone know if/where they can be purchased online?

Posted:
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  363WRX Points: 235Handicap: 2.4Posts: 363 Greens

On -, @SkolGolfTN said:

Also- these release today, does anyone know if/where they can be purchased online?

Same here, cant find them anywhere online...

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2808WRX Points: 986Posts: 2,808 Titanium Tees

On -, @SkolGolfTN said:

Nothing on titleist site. Possible only thru a titleist dealer. There was rumor that each shop was only getting 6 dozen

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.