Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Pro V1 Left Dash Coming to Retail Oct 1st

2»

Comments

• drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Grass is always greener. I’m guilty myself but I believe the benefits of being consistent and really becoming confident and comfortable with one ball far outway any yardage or spin you may pick up or drop by constantly switching to others, chasing the unicorn.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura EVO IV 661x 
    Ping G400 14.5 Fujikura EVO IV 757x 
    Ping i500 3i Ad 95x
    Ping iBlade DG TI X-100 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52/56/60 DG TI S400
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    '19 Pro V1
    Ping LE Camo Hooer '19
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@drvrwdge said:
    Yep. Grass is always greener. I’m guilty myself but I believe the benefits of being consistent and really becoming confident and comfortable with one ball far outway any yardage or spin you may pick up or drop by constantly switching to others, chasing the unicorn.

I know an anecdote of one isolated incident is meaningless. But this weekend I hit about a 30-yard pitch shot over a bunker with my SW and it came off the club perfectly. But honest to goodness, the instant I looked up and saw the ball I had a vivid image of it landed in the fringe a couple feet short of the green, taking a soft hop and coming up 10 feet short of the hole. I meant to hit it a couple yards farther so it would roll out a bit rather than being killed in the fringe.

Sure enough, it landed inches short of the green, took that soft hop and I ended up with about a 12-footer for par. That sort of thing happens all the time when I'm playing Pro V1x. It's just from hundreds and hundreds of rounds played with the same ball model.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • Natural1Natural1 Members Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.
    Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

• BAlberstadtBAlberstadt GolfWRX Staff Writer United StatesMarshals, Media Staffer Posts: 143 mod
  • JD3JD3 Members Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Natural1 said:
    The OP says this is low launch / low spin, but according to what I've read it's higher launch & lower spin vs. the V1x. I think this may have been mentioned earlier.
    Agree with previous comments - sounds like something very similar to the TP5x. I've been playing the TP5x for close to a year now, and it's the best fit for me that I've found. Looking forward to trying these out!

I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

TM M1 2017 10.5 Aldila NV 2KXV Green 60x
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Tensei CK White 70x 
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Yururi Tataki Wedges 52.5 and 60.5 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0x
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    Titleist AVX (yellow)
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 1, 2019 6:09pm #37

@JD3 said:

@Natural1 said:

I think Titleist copying another OEMs product that's gaining traction is most likely motivator, so this wouldnt surprise me. They've been doing it for years....prov1 was a reaction to tigers epic won at pebble 2000 open with a solid core Nike ball (supposedly a bridegstone)

Not supposedly it was and that’s confirmed in several recent articles

I’m pretty sure titleist had the Prov1 ready or close to it before tigers win. They launched it in October of that year. Was the release early due to the win maybe but it’s not like they developed it in less than 4 months.

The left dash isn’t new either

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 20,137 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was a fake thread at first, because the name of the ball sounded odd. What is the price point for these?

Titleist 915d3 9.5
    Titleist 917f3 15
    Mizuno Clk 18, 21
    Titleist 716mb 4-Pw
    Vokey Sm7 52, 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
    Titleist ProV1
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MadGolfer76 said:
    I thought this was a fake thread at first, because the name of the ball sounded odd. What is the price point for these?

Same price as the current V1/V1X.

• monks66monks66 Members Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MadGolfer76 said:

I did too the first i heard of it, i was lile LOL the guy taht quoted me was busting my stones..lol

• BenJordenBenJorden Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

@lazyjc4 said:

@tbowles411 said:

@lazyjc4 said:
    Is it that much different than the AVX? I have loved the results I've had with that ball.

This makes me think the AVX was a precursor to this ball.

I've no idea how well the AVX is selling, maybe Titleist believes that the similar spec ball can sell better under the PROV1 flagship, rather than be branded as an all together different ball.

The AVX is designed for a lower trajectory, the left dash is designed for a higher ball flight

• TwinsgolfTwinsgolf Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Will the Left dash come in YELLOW

@Twinsgolf said:
    Will the Left dash come in YELLOW

No yellow, no custom numbers. This is a very niche product.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The AVX wasn't made for tour pros, but amateurs that want a distance ball that looks like ProV1. I played AVX for a month, it was too soft and not nearly as good around the greens as ProV so went back to the ProV.

• Titleist TS2 9.5, PX HZRDUS Red 65
    • Titleist 917D2 15*, PX HZRDUS Red 75
    • Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    • Titleist 716CB 3i-PW, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    • SM6 F-52*, Steelfiber i110cw "S"
    • SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

@Pepperturbo said:
    The AVX wasn't made for tour pros, but amateurs that want a distance ball that looks like ProV1. I played AVX for a month, it was too soft and not nearly as good around the greens as ProV so went back to the ProV.

After initially being a fan of AVX (mostly due to the 10 yards or so of extra rollout on my tee shots) it eventually become impossible to deny the fact that "spins less" will occasionally mean not holding a firm green.

I reconfirmed that this weekend by playing the last two holes of a round with an AVX dredged up from the bottom of my golf bag after I lost my Pro V1x. There's one green that pitches away from the fairway and is very difficult to hold for those of us with limited clubhead speed. Fortunately, on the right side of the green there's a mound that will provide a backstop if you are hitting your approach from the left side of the fairway. I took care of the first half of the strategy with a tee shot that just barely stayed inside left edge of the fairway.

My shot with the AVX was a cleanly struck 8-iron that landed right at the base of the backstop. With Pro V1x that ball runs 3-4 feet up the side of the mound, then peels off and circles around onto the back of the green. With the AVX it climbed about 10 feet, rumbled on over the top of the mound and settled in the fringe 40 feet from the hole. Ended up missing a 3-1/2 foot par putt.

Low spin giveth and low spin taketh away. I'm firmly back in the "give me all the spin I can get on irons and wedges" camp, myself.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Natural1 said:

Sounds like the Titleist version of the TP5x.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
    edited Sep 10, 2019 9:33pm #48

That's the straight interview with the TItleist marketing guy. Thanks for the link.

Much more straight-talk than the highly "paraphrased" version on The Forum Which Shall Not Be Named.

P.S. The last thing I need is less spin but there's that little demon on my shoulder saying, "It will be October 1 before you know it...."

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San Antonio, TexasMembers Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

@chjyner97 said:
    I am excited to try it out. Especially in the Texas winds, we have down here.

Yes sir, me too! My perfect ball would be a really low launching, low spinning variant of the PRO V1X (since I prefer harder balls, that go farther with driver), but this is much better for me than the regular Pro V1X, we will see. Texas wind is no joke (San Antonio, here)

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 14, 2019 5:52am #51

@GoGoErky said:

@JD3 said:

@Natural1 said:

Not supposedly it was and that’s confirmed in several recent articles

I’m pretty sure titleist had the Prov1 ready or close to it before tigers win. They launched it in October of that year. Was the release early due to the win maybe but it’s not like they developed it in less than 4 months.

The left dash isn’t new either

Been using TPx dash for years...

Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla Tour Blue 75g
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla Tour Blue
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

When can these be ordered

@stuart.f.cohen said:
    When can these be ordered

Oct 1, 2019

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • 2over2over Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

@bladehunter said:
    So I’m told retailers are only getting 6 dozen of these each when they hit. Anybody else hear that ?

Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

@2over said:

@bladehunter said:

Yep, that's what my Titleist account rep told me... you better be on good terms with your pro/golf shop if you want some.

Geez, I had talked myself out of even trying them for curiosity sake. But when you tell me there's a LIMITED SUPPLY? Oh my goodness, now I've got to have some.

I am pathetic.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@2over said:

@bladehunter said:

I am. Just hate to be the hog that buys all 6. lol

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bladehunter said:

@2over said:

@bladehunter said:

I am. Just hate to be the hog that buys all 6. lol

Welcome to my life...

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file