Kudos to Steph Curry....Golf clap!

Titleist99

Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.

> @Titleist99 said:

> Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of you choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.

Golf programs at universities while worthwhile aren't the problem with participation in golf. The game needs to be more accessible/affordable.

• Like 4
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of you choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.

>

> Golf programs at universities while worthwhile aren't the problem with participation in golf. The game needs to be more accessible/affordable.

Golf (in my opinion) is accessible and affordable if you really, really want to play golf but that's another thread for another time....If just one of these startup programs produce just one player that comes up with an idea to pay it forward then it's well worth it.

> @Titleist99 said:

> Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.

Actually Curry attended Davidson.

• Like 1

> @Titleist99 said:

> Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

• Like 2

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

>

> Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

>

> Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

Yeah, I call on DFS to Donate to the First TEE.....LOL! I know how those people check the WRX board everyday.

I'm sure the people I was ranting about is very charitable as well...

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.

>

> Actually Curry attended Davidson.

???

Actually, you’re a bigger pr!ck than me???

Great thread T99?

Very Nicely Played!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @Enduro59 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.

> >

> > Actually Curry attended Davidson.

>

> ???

>

> Actually, you’re a bigger pr!ck than me???

>

> Great thread T99?

>

> Very Nicely Played!

>

> Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

> RP

>

I just may be. If so it would be a badge of honor. Have enjoyed reading"most" of your posts for a long time. No love lost here for Curry or Howard University but I'll try to take the high road and leave it at that.

I believe this was because he befriended a golfer at Howard and learned they had gotten rid of their golf program some time ago...buy yes Steph didn't go there he went to Davidson

Either way it's a pretty nice move. Howard is a highly regarded academic school that is also historically primarily a black university. They do apparently have an endowment of like 700M bucks, is it normal that they wouldn't be able to afford a golf program? That sounds like a lot of money. I checked schools with similar endowments and some have a lot more sports

So good for steph, but why did he need to pay for this?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> I believe this was because he befriended a golfer at Howard and learned they had gotten rid of their golf program some time ago...buy yes Steph didn't go there he went to Davidson

>

> Either way it's a pretty nice move. Howard is a highly regarded academic school that is also historically primarily a black university. They do apparently have an endowment of like 700M bucks, is it normal that they wouldn't be able to afford a golf program? That sounds like a lot of money. I checked schools with similar endowments and some have a lot more sports

>

> So good for steph, but why did he need to pay for this?

Because sports function seperate from education at universities. Sports are a tool used by universities to get alumni to donate to the school. If the school doesn't see the sport as an opportunity to bring in donations it's not going to support it. The only sports that make money for schools are usually men's basketball and sometimes football depending on the size of the program. Everything else runs in the red (based on ticket profits, not donations). The reason they keep the red sports going is because the donations that those sports drive is greater than the loss if running them. If a school is using endowment money on sports I would question whether they value education.

• Like 1

> @Jc0 said:

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > I believe this was because he befriended a golfer at Howard and learned they had gotten rid of their golf program some time ago...buy yes Steph didn't go there he went to Davidson

> >

> > Either way it's a pretty nice move. Howard is a highly regarded academic school that is also historically primarily a black university. They do apparently have an endowment of like 700M bucks, is it normal that they wouldn't be able to afford a golf program? That sounds like a lot of money. I checked schools with similar endowments and some have a lot more sports

> >

> > So good for steph, but why did he need to pay for this?

>

> Because sports function seperate from education at universities. Sports are a tool used by universities to get alumni to donate to the school. If the school doesn't see the sport as an opportunity to bring in donations it's not going to support it. The only sports that make money for schools are usually men's basketball and sometimes football depending on the size of the program. Everything else runs in the red (based on ticket profits, not donations). The reason they keep the red sports going is because the donations that those sports drive is greater than the loss if running them. If a school is using endowment money on sports I would question whether they value education.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure what endowments were used for and etc, I went to a non prestigious Canadian university, so our endowment was just a 24 pack of Molson and some moose antlers to hang on the wall

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

> > > >

> > > > Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

> > >

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

> > > >

> > > > Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

> > >

> > > Yeah, I call on DFS to Donate to the First TEE.....LOL! I know how those people check the WRX board everyday.

> > >

> > > I'm sure the people I was ranting about is very charitable as well...

> >

> > They is?

>

>

> Remember that time I got flagged for that post about wearing cesta punta helmets on the golf course?

> That was awesome.

Wear them like a badge of honour. Last time I received one I didn't even realise until someone else objected on my behalf.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

Well done Steph. Nice way to use your cash to push the game forward to one of the areas it needs to grow.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @Barfolomew said:

> Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

>

>

I called them out, so far …..crickets. Maybe Steph Curry will have better luck....LOL!

> @Barfolomew said:

> Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

>

>

Here's the problem with that......sports aren't THAT important in the grand scheme.....taking care of Vets , homeless and those not well off is a better option.....just my 2 cents

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @Barfolomew said:

> > Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

> >

> >

>

> Here's the problem with that......sports aren't THAT important in the grand scheme.....taking care of Vets , homeless and those not well off is a better option.....just my 2 cents

And that is an admirable opinion you have there but you have to remember that other have totally different opinions. While I give him all the credit in the world, I will give you the same accolades when you donate to the homeless and taking care of vets.....continue your vision my friend!

• Like 1

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Here's the problem with that......sports aren't THAT important in the grand scheme.....taking care of Vets , homeless and those not well off is a better option.....just my 2 cents

>

> And that is an admirable opinion you have there but you have to remember that other have totally different opinions. While I give him all the credit in the world, I will give you the same accolades when you donate to the homeless and taking care of vets.....continue your vision my friend!

But I do and I do! ...... I'm a Army veteran (3yrs active duty peacetime in the mid 80s) and just retired from a 29yr career as a firefighter.....I LOVE sports but they really aren't a big deal in the grand scheme.....nice distraction and i too commend Wardell for his actions...... i also would love to see our troops come home!

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah, I call on DFS to Donate to the First TEE.....LOL! I know how those people check the WRX board everyday.

> > >

> > > I'm sure the people I was ranting about is very charitable as well...

> >

> > They is?

>

>

> Remember that time I got flagged for that post about wearing cesta punta helmets on the golf course?

> That was awesome.

Hey Fergs, I hope all’s well?

WTF is a “cesta punta helmet?”

Thanks?

Have a great weekend?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > > > Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's the problem with that......sports aren't THAT important in the grand scheme.....taking care of Vets , homeless and those not well off is a better option.....just my 2 cents

> > > >

> > > > And that is an admirable opinion you have there but you have to remember that other have totally different opinions. While I give him all the credit in the world, I will give you the same accolades when you donate to the homeless and taking care of vets.....continue your vision my friend!

> > >

> > > But I do and I do! ...... I'm a Army veteran (3yrs active duty peacetime in the mid 80s) and just retired from a 29yr career as a firefighter.....I LOVE sports but they really aren't a big deal in the grand scheme.....nice distraction and i too commend Wardell for his actions...... i also would love to see our troops come home!

> >

> >

> > Thanks for your service! Sports was invented so rational people would have an outlet to curve their aggression and Religion was invented so the poor and the meek would not pillage the rich and powerful.....Both are extremely important in a civilized society...

> >

>

> Participation is far more important than viewing....we've made all forms of entertainment (movies, sports, music) a much higher class than anticipated or required......I'll shut up now

You are completely correct.... pro athletes are just over paid circus monkeys and get waaaay too much adoration in society. We used to take our clients to this park and there was a professional juggler practicing there everyday... he was great but where are his millions like Steph or Dustin Johnson. No different. Hell even my crappy golf game can beat DJ if he has a bad day and shoots over and I have a good day and shoot under lol...

BUT that has nothing to do with young people playing sports and learning all the great things like discipline that keeps them mentally, physically and socially healthy maybe even keeps them from becoming homeless when they get older... and sports are similar to military training

Can't figure how to like my own posts

> @Barfolomew said:

>

>

Maybe other rich athletes called him out. Maybe that's why he donated. Maybe he donates less than other rich athletes. Maybe other rich athletes donate more money to even better charities.

> @Barfolomew said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > > > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > > > > Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here's the problem with that......sports aren't THAT important in the grand scheme.....taking care of Vets , homeless and those not well off is a better option.....just my 2 cents

> > > > >

> > > > > And that is an admirable opinion you have there but you have to remember that other have totally different opinions. While I give him all the credit in the world, I will give you the same accolades when you donate to the homeless and taking care of vets.....continue your vision my friend!

> > > >

> > > > But I do and I do! ...... I'm a Army veteran (3yrs active duty peacetime in the mid 80s) and just retired from a 29yr career as a firefighter.....I LOVE sports but they really aren't a big deal in the grand scheme.....nice distraction and i too commend Wardell for his actions...... i also would love to see our troops come home!

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks for your service! Sports was invented so rational people would have an outlet to curve their aggression and Religion was invented so the poor and the meek would not pillage the rich and powerful.....Both are extremely important in a civilized society...

> > >

> >

> > Participation is far more important than viewing....we've made all forms of entertainment (movies, sports, music) a much higher class than anticipated or required......I'll shut up now

>

> You are completely correct.... pro athletes are just over paid circus monkeys and get waaaay too much adoration in society. We used to take our clients to this park and there was a professional juggler practicing there everyday... he was great but where are his millions like Steph or Dustin Johnson. No different. **** even my crappy golf game can beat DJ if he has a bad day and shoots over and I have a good day and shoot under lol...

>

> BUT that has nothing to do with young people playing sports and learning all the great things like discipline that keeps them mentally, physically and socially healthy maybe even keeps them from becoming homeless when they get older... and sports are similar to military training

Playing sports isn't my problem......we've all learned or should have learned many traits from sports; teamwork, cooperation, compassion, competitiveness..... I'm saying funds designated for something like D2 college surely could be used in other capacities

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Barfolomew said:

> > Steph is setting a great example to athletes sitting on hundreds of millions..... If I were him I'd use my fame to call out other overly wealthy athletes to support young athletes or teams that ain't got 2 pennies to rub together

> >

> >

>

> Maybe other rich athletes called him out. Maybe that's why he donated. Maybe he donates less than other rich athletes. Maybe other rich athletes donate more money to even better charities.

Maybe Maybe Maybe Maybe..... one can only hope

Can't figure how to like my own posts

What prevents each of us from sponsoring (or helping to sponsor) a local high school golf team? Or for that matter, finding a kid who has talent for the game and privately mentoring/sponsoring his development?

Curry's generous act of kindness (although well-intended) is mostly for show, but if it inspires the broader golfing public to look for ways to selflessly give back to the game at the local level, it has done some lasting good. If it just inspires a golf clap, then well, that's that.

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

> >

> > Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

>

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > Just want to congratulate Steph Curry for doing something meaningful for golf. If you didn't know, Steph donated a seven figure cash flow to expand through 6-7 years for the restart of men's and women golf for Howard University. Amazing since he attended Davison. **I call on Tony Romo, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees and all the Pro Hockey players that secretly play golf all the time to do the same. Start a golf program at your college or one of your choice....Again Golf Clap for Steph Curry! I'm a new fan.**

> >

> > Any other ambitious ventures you'd like to allocate other people's money to? Good on Steph, glad to see he's a charitable man.

>

> Yeah, I call on DFS to Donate to the First TEE.....LOL! I know how those people check the WRX board everyday.

>

> I'm sure the people I was ranting about is very charitable as well...

"are"

And though cleaned up because some dummy took this thread the wrong direction, thanks to those that understand a simple remark about grammar and were kind enough to provide a little support.

Curry? I don't care what rich people do with their oodles of money, it's their business, just like what poor lil' ole me does, lol, but credit to anyone who makes a charitable donation of any kind for any reason. I'm partial to young people and golf so of course I think this was a terrific gesture on his part.

• Like 1