Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force Putters! 10 Testers Needed!

knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,157 mod
edited Aug 28, 2019 5:34pm in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

The News
Have you seen the new L.A.B. Golf putters? The company, which was previously known as DirectedForce, is making some noise in the golf world right now with its patented L.A.B. (Lie Angle Balance) technology. And they’ve just signed on as a GolfWRX sponsor to help you #untorqueyourself.

Yes... Untorque Yourself. Check out L.A.B. Golf’s website to see exactly what that means.

The Contest
L.A.B. is giving away 10 fully-custom putters for GolfWRX Members to review. Reviewers will have their choice between one of the company’s DF 2.1 mallet putters or all-new BLāD.1 blade putters. But first, L.A.B. has a few questions for you! In a post below, L.A.B. would like you to answers a few questions to be considered for its Lie Angle Balanced flatsticks that are handmade to order in the U.S.A.

The Questions
1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well?
2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly?
3) What is your handicap?

Answer these questions as concisely or as in-depth as necessary.

Follow L.A.B. Golf

Finally, head over to L.A.B. Golf’s social media pages (links below) and give them a follow on your preferred channel.

Instagram: @labgolfputters
Facebook: @labgolf
Twitter: @labgolfputters

Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
Post edited by knudson81 on

Comments

• CelebrosCelebros Vandalia, OHMembers Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

The Questions

I pick my line and the ball ends up where it should.

Distance control on longer putts.

Cobra KING F9 Speedback (9*)
    Cobra KING F8+ (4-5, 16.5*)
    Cobra KING Forged Tour (3-GW)
    Cobra KING WideLow (56*)
    Cobra KING Pur WideLow (60*)
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini
    Vice Pro+
  • wcbjrwcbjr Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have to think about anything, I pick my line, I putt, ball go in. Reading greens is not my issue.
    Pushes, pulls. I've switched to cross-handed to minimize face rotation on longer putts. I've even gone to the claw to completely take out the hands on short putts. Those things have helped a bit, but I feel like the putter could help even more.

• j.b.newtonj.b.newton Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? No thought involved - aim, pull back, swing through, ball has perfect end over end roll. (hopefully those days match up with a good green reading day too)
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Overthinking every single aspect of the stroke from set up to followthrough.
    3) What is your handicap? 4.2

• kelpiekelpie Members Posts: 65 ✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I see the line and am confident with the release of the putter.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? deceling, missing right
    3) What is your handicap? 0
    Thanks.

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 9* CK Pro Tensei Orange 60 S
    Tour Edge Exotics Tour EX9, 15*
    Titleist 915h, 18*
    Mizuno MP59, S300, 3-PW
    Fourteen Golf RM22 52*, 58*; Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Scotty Cameron California Coronado
    Bridgestone BX
  • cjpssecjpsse Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

When I see the ball starting on the intended line, confidence builds and it typically ends up a solid putting day.
    Overthinking. Speed might be off, then forget about making a decent stroke and starting line gets out of whack. Snowball from there.

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

it feels automatic
    starting putts online

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭✭

See the line/ natural stoke and speed automaticity come out.

Always short never passing the hole.

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,935 ClubWRX

The Questions
    1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? - The hole looks huge and I know every putt is going in.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? - Pushing short putts to the right.
    3) What is your handicap? - 12

• GnomesteelGnomesteel Members Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mindless

Reminding myself that it comes and goes.

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pllleeeeasseee pick meee, I am dying to get my hands on one, but nobody around me other than the private clubs has a fitter.

The Questions
    1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I'm hitting all my putts pure, they roll on intended lines.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? SHORT PUTTS. I'm known to miss 2 and 3 footers. Sometimes I struggle with very long putts getting the ball within 3-5ft.
    3) What is your handicap? 12.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero 9* | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    '16 M1 Tour Issue 16* | Diamana B 70X
    '17 M1 Tour Issue 3h or GAPR Lo | Accra TZ6 M5
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Bettinardi MC 360 Tour or Ardmore 2 
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 5.5 Bag
    Nike Tour Premiere

• OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed Ocean StateClubWRX Posts: 2,410 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 28, 2019 9:20pm #12

What does it feel like when you’re putting well?
    Confidence. Simple as that when I am putting well (very rarely) I have confidence.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Short putts, Line (Left Eye Dominant) and lack of confidence.
    3) What is your handicap? I am currently a 9. Ball striking I am a 4-5. Putting I am about a 36 handicap or so it feels like I am on most days

Post edited by Oaks on
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When putting well maintaining a square face (hitting my line) seems effortless, typically however, hitting my line and matching arc to club face is where I struggle.
    When putting poorly I don't struggle with speed, but hitting my intended putting line. Alignment aids are helpful but the concept behind reducing the torque vector in the L.A.B. putter seems like it matches perfectly with where I struggle.

Epic Flash SZ 9* TD  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage Atlanta
    Kunar Valley CC
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

like my stroke is simple, backswing and through-stroke match and are in sync, and all is right in the world
    usually my rhythm is off, typically when pace of greens are different from one another in a given round
    +1.6

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 4-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• Big A HGBig A HG Members Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I'm very relaxed and confident, nothing feels "yippy". My head is much more focused and thought free, and I don't have to analyze much because I'm addressing the ball knowing it has a great chance of going in. Putts within 10-12 feet feel like a fraction of the distance. The ball always feels like butter off the face and rolls true.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Distance control is my number one challenge. This has less to do with misjudging the putt versus what the real issue is, which is focusing on so many of the other variables I'm less confident in during that moment. If my answer to question #1 is on point, distance control seems to come naturally. My secondary issue is inaccuracy caused by the yips, which are there from the lack of confidence some days. It seems like the harder you try to put on a good stroke, the harder it is to actually strike it well.
    3) What is your handicap? 5

• sosob34sosob34 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 28, 2019 8:08pm #16

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I feel like I will make the putt. I feel confident in my stroke and I am able to relax more and feel the putter head throughout the stroke.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Distance control.
    3) What is your handicap? 11

• d1kingofkingsd1kingofkings Kingman Members Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Nothing can go wrong, ball comes off on line and speed is perfect. Soft buttery stroke no matter the distance of putt.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Second guessing everything, not starting the ball off where I want. Over stroking, under stroking...not stroking!
    3) What is your handicap? 12

Mahalo Golf WRX and L.A.B. Golf for this opportunity!

• 915D2 10.5° [A•1] (Diamana S+ Blue 60 Stiff)
    915F 16.5° [A•1] (Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff)
    816H1 19° [A•1] - 816H1 23° [A•1] (Diamana Hyb S+ Blue 80 Stiff)
    716 AP2 5-PW (Recoil 95 F4 Stiff)
    SM6 50.12F:Tour Chrome - SM6 54.10S:Steel Grey - SM6 58.8M:Jet Black (True Temper XP 105 S300)
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S
    Pro V1x 14 Way Stand Bag Red/Charcoal/Black
  • schimmelschimmel Members Posts: 32 ✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Confident in visualization of line, speed, and the ball going in the hole.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Being confident in visualization of line, speed, and the ball going in the hole.
    3) What is your handicap? +5

• Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Heaven. If I read the putt correctly and execute correctly, it maximizes my chances of making the putt. Even when I miss one but executed it correctly (I just misread it or hit a bump), I leave the green confident.
    Staying confident, especially on the short ones. When putting poorly, I take an in-depth look at my stroke to try and determine what is causing the poor results.

• moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭

I have been wanting to give one of these a go, but nobody around here has one for me to try :/. Please pick me!

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? When I am putting well, I feel very relaxed. I can see my line perfectly, and my hands and putterface feel like they are one.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? When I am putting poorly, I struggle with distance control on the longer putts, and I cannot feel where "square" is with the face.
    3) What is your handicap? 5

• rlchris130rlchris130 Members Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 28, 2019 8:45pm #21

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I feel like it’s just look,stroke, and in.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Speed no problem with line either too soft or too hard
    3) What is your handicap? 8

R15 10.5 Matrix XConn
    M2 15 Matrix XConn
    20 and 24 Adams Pro
    5-6 Z565 Steelfiber 110
    7-PW Z765 Steelfiber 110
    50 Scratch Steelfiber 110
    56 60 Ping Glide 2.0
    Putter TM Syder Pro extended to 39”
    Vice Pro or Callaway Chrome soft
  • NAM2212NAM2212 Members Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? I have very little doubt that I can put the ball in the hole from about 5' and can see the line.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? I have no confidence and doubt whether I can knock in a gimmee.
    3) What is your handicap? 10.4

• IsaundersIsaunders Carstairs, ABMembers Posts: 34 ✭✭

When I am putting well I take off an average of 4 shots off my game. It is as if golf gods are on my side for once
    Alignment, alignment, alignment push, pull,

• thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Stroke has great, smooth tempo while making great contact on the putter face. This results in the ball starting on its intended line with proper pace.

Distance control tends to be my biggest struggle when I'm putting poorly. I'll also pull the ball left, oftentimes missing shorter putts of less than 4 feet.

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • jamgamjamgam ClubWRX Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Feels like the hole is 1" bigger in diameter. I can just line it up and let it rip. Long putts feel like I'll be within 2' of hole and easy to see lines
    Small hole, unsure of line and pace. Doesn't feel smooth at all. Don't start ball on line well

• ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? It feels like I can make it from anywhere on the green or at least hit a great lag putt and have a tap in for my next putt.

2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? It is probably getting in the right mental state. I know when I lip something out or have a really poor 3 or 4 putt it can affect me on the next hole(s)
    3) What is your handicap? 19

TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

• cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Feels effortless. Like I don't have to think about putting. It just happens.
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Getting the ball started on line.
    3) What is your handicap? 9

• bellairemibellairemi Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭

1) What does it feel like when you’re putting well? Feels completely intuitive - step up to the ball and roll it
    2) What is the biggest challenge when you’re putting poorly? Trying to stay positive - my putting has always lagged behind my ballstriking and at times has really diminished my enjoyment of the game
    3) What is your handicap? 6

• el_b00tel_b00t Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited Aug 29, 2019 1:03am #29

-A feeling of calmness. Smooth strokes with the ball effortlessly on-line.

-Getting the ball on-line.

• hurley999shurley999s Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Feels like point and shoot - like I’m watching from one of those camera angles on TV behind the ball and you know right off the face if it’s on the line or not.

Touch - hammering short ones through the line or leaving lag puts woefully short

Thanks guys!

• belephantbelephant Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Confidence - when i am consistently hitting the center of the face I feel like I can be in "attack-mode" on the greens and sink putts from distance
    Control of the clubface... Have a tendency to miss to both sides of the sweetspot. Distance control and start line suffer and it becomes a bad day on the greens. Playing defense, trying not to three putt.

PING G400 LST 8.5° | Accra TZ6 65 M5
    TaylorMade M3 15° | Atmos TS Blue 8X
    TaylorMade TP UDI 2i | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
    Titleist 818 H2 23° | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-P | Modus3 120TX
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 52°, 58° | Modus3 120X
    Bettinardi Tour Minovai
This discussion has been closed.