Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Callaway Preowned Average Condition Irons

2»

Comments

• Kay_JayKay_Jay NYC/NJMembers Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulled the trigger and the iron set just came in. Really good shape and at most, I'd guess it was used for one season.

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha (10.5*) | Srixon Z-Star (15.5*) | Cleveland Launcher DST (20*) | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Only real issues I’ve had is like new.
    More than a couple times they were at best very good. Definitely not like new. But they are very good about the return process.

Yadi for President
  • Oett11Oett11 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

Made over 10 purchases from them the last 2 yrs and been impressed each time, bought very good each time.

Mizuno st 180~~ 9.5* Diamana D+ 70 x
    Mizuno st 180 3w 15* Ust Chrome 8f5t
    Cobra F8 hybrid 22* Rogue 85 stiff
    Cobra King Mb 5-pw kbs $taper 125
    Cleveland Rtx4 50/54 ti s400
    Taylormade mini spider 35

• YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased “Average” Ping S 55’s. Irons looked great, but lofts were non-standard. I called Ping with the serial #, and the irons had been ordered 1/4 club strong originally. I called Callaway pre owned, and they reimbursed for returning to the lofts to standard spec. Also purchased a couple putters from them. Always great customer service, I would buy from them again.

• Kay_JayKay_Jay NYC/NJMembers Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

After receiving my irons I thought the conditions were better than listed as others have mentioned from their experiences. The only negative thing is that I don’t think they check lie angles accurately. When I took my irons that CPO listed as standard to get the lies adjusted to 2 degrees flat, the clubfitter measured them and found out each iron actually varied between 1-2 degrees upright. I also traded in an iron set that were 2 degrees flat and when I saw my old set listed on the website, they marked them as standard unless they bent them back to standard during the inspection process...?

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha (10.5*) | Srixon Z-Star (15.5*) | Cleveland Launcher DST (20*) | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • WrigglesWriggles Members Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Only irons I bought from CPO were X-12's in 2009. Average condition, they were very nice with new grips. I bought several drivers, the latest an average Optiforce 440. Very nice also. A couple years back, I bought an average Taylor R11 from CPO. Less than a year later, the club developed a rattle, and they sent me a replacement R11s, including paying for return shipping for the rattle one. The R11s wasn't in as nice condition, but still presentable.
    All my clubs ordered came with new grips, and the woods, generic new headcovers.
    Can't beat that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file