***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golf camp / Coach for 9 and 13 year old boys

Stryker1808 ·  
Stryker1808Stryker1808 Members  5WRX Points: 42Posts: 5 Bunkers

Hi all,
Am based in Asia and planning to bring my 2 boys (aged 13 and 9) to the US in mid-Dec for a 1 week intensive golf camp. They have been playing for a couple of years, have mid-teen and low 20s hcap, and are competing now. Appreciate any recommendations.

Posted:

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TripleBogeysrbetterTripleBogeysrbetter Members  418WRX Points: 319Handicap: 21Posts: 418 Greens

On -, @tiger1873 said:

Don't waste your time play golf and tournaments. If you want instruction find a instructor and do private lessons. Most camps are a complete waste of money.

Camps are Ca$h cows.
    Better off finding a pro that will observe and play while they're here. Where in the US are you coming too?

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ - Fujikura Regular
    Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Kuro Kage Regular
    Cobra Tour Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 90 R
    Fourteen 52 (Bent to 50) - Nippon R
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Vokey SM7 60 - Dynamic Gold
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3908WRX Points: 1,276Posts: 3,908 Titanium Tees

I think if he found an Academy like IMG, Bishop's Gate, etc. that ran a camp it would be beneficial.

Posted:
  • tiger1873tiger1873 Members  1632WRX Points: 422Posts: 1,632 Platinum Tees

On -, @heavy_hitter said:

I think if he found an Academy like IMG, Bishop's Gate, etc. that ran a camp it would be beneficial.

I highly doubt it most of those camps just go through the motions. I really don't blame them 1 week is not really enough to learn that much especially when it's group of kids. For a few grand you're better off getting a pro to work with them for 2 or 3 hours in the morning and then practice it in the afternoon. Kid has to disciplined but if there not then no reason to send them to an expensive camp either.

Posted:
  • Stryker1808Stryker1808 Members  5WRX Points: 42Posts: 5 Bunkers

On -, @tiger1873 said:

Don't waste your time play golf and tournaments. If you want instruction find a instructor and do private lessons. Most camps are a complete waste of money.

I hear you. Not looking for a large group but thought mixing it up with 2-3 other kids may make it more fun for them.

Posted:

Camps are Ca$h cows.
    Better off finding a pro that will observe and play while they're here. Where in the US are you coming too?

Am flexible. Thinking of either West Coast, Texas or Florida. 😊

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Have been recommended Mike Bender and also TPC Sawgrass. Am leaning towards TPC Sawgrass as they can either do 1 on 1, or group of 4, with playing time in the afternoon. I'll do some research into IMG, Bishops Gate. Thanks!

Posted:
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  502WRX Points: 231Posts: 502 Golden Tee

On -, @Stryker1808 said:

Have been recommended Mike Bender and also TPC Sawgrass. Am leaning towards TPC Sawgrass as they can either do 1 on 1, or group of 4, with playing time in the afternoon. I'll do some research into IMG, Bishops Gate. Thanks!

TPC Sawgrass is very good. Jordan Dempsey is an instructor there and he is very good. The World Golf Village also has a learning center and they do camps as well.

Posted:

On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

On -, @Stryker1808 said:

TPC Sawgrass is very good. Jordan Dempsey is an instructor there and he is very good. The World Golf Village also has a learning center and they do camps as well.

Awesome. Thanks!

Posted:
  • TuguTugu Members  104WRX Points: 54Posts: 104 Fairways

Pm sent.

Posted:
  • Meowmix10000Meowmix10000 Members  3WRX Points: 7Posts: 3 Starters

I put my two boys in Nike Golf camps over the Summer..They had a ton of fun, made some great friends but came out playing worse than when they started

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.