What to do with towel - Ping Hoofer Lite

See the little gray strap at the top above the pockets in this photo?

![](https://pingmediastage.azureedge.net/mediastorage/mediastorage/ping-na/medialibrary/ecommerce/2019/bags/ping_hooferlite-13_ocean_grey_708x708.jpg "")

People don't know this about hoofers- there's no ring for clip attachments now, it's a nylon strap in these models. That's your towel loop. If you have a towel with a clip, clip it there. I don't use towels with clips anymore, I just loop them through my clubs.

That's what I was afraid of...I used it, and it is already fraying after two weeks and a few loops. I clip my towel with a large carabiner, and my range finder with a small carabiner clip too. What a terrible design Ping....URG! Now I need a new towel or something. I hate the towel with a hole over a club because I use all my clubs during a round.

That's because most guys just loop a smaller bath towel around one of their clubs. Mine goes around the 5 wood. I think I've lost one towel in the last 30 years and it was one of the stupid towels with a hole in it. You are only using one club at a time. How hard can it be?

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

No excuse. The plastic ring would cost Ping maybe 5 cents and 1 oz in weight. And made life easier for a lot of players.

Ping has the best bags but their over engineering has taken them to some weird stuff like that one. Or like in my Pioneer not having a front grab holder to get it easier out of my SUV as it has to share space with clicgear cart and another bag. I have to pull it from the putter hole

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @Socrates said:

> That's because most guys just loop a smaller bath towel around one of their clubs. Mine goes around the 5 wood. I think I've lost one towel in the last 30 years and it was one of the stupid towels with a hole in it. You are only using one club at a time. How hard can it be?

Not that it's a bad idea but in the past 10 years I've literally seen 0 people with this setup.

> @Socrates said:

> That's because most guys just loop a smaller bath towel around one of their clubs. Mine goes around the 5 wood. I think I've lost one towel in the last 30 years and it was one of the stupid towels with a hole in it. You are only using one club at a time. How hard can it be?

Yeah I’m gonna think of other options. I’m not using a bath towel on my nice sticks. ?

I usually have an alignment stick in my bag. That is where my towel rides. Never have found an ideal carry spot for the range finder. But with the Sun Mountain 2.5 I hook it on the loop that is a lot like the strap in the picture.

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

> @MattStrube said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > That's because most guys just loop a smaller bath towel around one of their clubs. Mine goes around the 5 wood. I think I've lost one towel in the last 30 years and it was one of the stupid towels with a hole in it. You are only using one club at a time. How hard can it be?

>

> Yeah I’m gonna think of other options. I’m not using a bath towel on my nice sticks. ?

>

I buy them from a place that has fabric remnants and other fabrics. They also get hotel towels from a linen service. They are just the right size and I get 10 for $20. Cleaned and sanitized. Once they are done, they become my shop rags and then garbage. I go through about 10-15 towels a season and I always have a clean white towel on my bag.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @jdc944 said:

> I just got a new hoofer, and I am not a fan of the strap. This is by far the worst designed hoofer bag that I have used. The apparel pocket is so small now that it won't hold anything.

The small apparel pocket is why I don't use my hoofer anymore. I liked the strap but I never hooked a towel on there, I hooked a carabiner on there and hung my glove from it.

I don't know if you can still buy them, but there was an ebay seller that made towel attachments that you could snap to rainhood buttons.

Frogger also makes an accessory called Latch-It that you can hook to your bag.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

> @kwelifan said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > That's because most guys just loop a smaller bath towel around one of their clubs. Mine goes around the 5 wood. I think I've lost one towel in the last 30 years and it was one of the stupid towels with a hole in it. You are only using one club at a time. How hard can it be?

>

> Not that it's a bad idea but in the past 10 years I've literally seen 0 people with this setup.

I have seen a few guys doing it, I figured they want to look like Tour caddies or something. It's very awkward having the towel tangled in and among the clubs but as they say, "It's definitely a 'thing' nowadays".

Then again I play with a push cart so perhaps my needs are different than the cool kids who carry. I want the top of the bag to have just clubs sticking out, ready to grab, easy to replace. I like the towel hanging on the side so I can wipe the club on it without having to take it in hand. Probably just an old-guy, trolley-user "thing".

> @tmak19 said:

> 3y6akvgggv4h.jpeg

> These work great. I have one on my hoofer. You can find them on eBay.

I second this recommendation. They're called "Fabcaddy". I have them on both of my bags. They snap onto the the buttons for the rain hood. They have both a male and female connector, so you don't lose the ability to use the rain hood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Having a towel hanging on the irons is how we always did it. Came from my caddie days. Get a regular size towel. Wet one end and keep the other dry. Have the wet end away from you. You can clean off your clubs with the wet side and dry with the dry side. Actually, a very efficient setup.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Project X Evenflow Green 55 R shaft Fairway woods: Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 wood Hybrids: Callaway Big Bertha 4i and 5i Irons: Srixon ZX5 6-AW, Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54 and 58 degree Putter: mySpider X

I prefer caddy towels, those with a hole in the middle, just loop it over a club. Club Glove makes them as do others.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

I keep my range finder in the smaller pocket above the larger center (ball) pocket. I prefer to keep the rangefinder inside the bag instead of using the carrying case that it came with. Little more secure and less conspicuous.

I use one of the club glove towels and secure it by running it through the umbrella string and tightening it in place. Walk 80% of the time and haven’t had any issues this way.

The 2020 Ping bag lineup was disappointing overall, specifically the single strap on the L8, and the ugly design of the 2020 Monsoons.

I still think the Lite is the best of the lineup for 2020.

So you have never seen a PGA Tour tournament, any college or amateur tournament or any better amateur golfer at wherever you play golf?

A "bath" towel is what 99.99% of every professional golfer uses. I actually sell the 8 stripe towels that a lot of the companies use. It's a "gym" towel that is 44" x 22". It's a ribbed bath towel. In all honesty the super cheap $2 or $3 bath towels that Walmart sells are great because they are thin and thin towels work better for cleaning clubs.

To answer this question, loop it around a club, yardage sticks or your umbrella or through the handle on the front of the bag. I like it through the handle as it drapes and you can have one side wet and one side dry like mentioned above.

• Like 1

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

• 7 months later...

Not sure this is the most timely response, but hopefully it helps. 

I've played probably about 1000 competitive tournaments - junior to amateur - and almost nobody uses the clip-on towels. It's an old bath towel draped over the top of the bag or nothing. One side clean, the other side dirty. 

If you are riding instead of walking, stick it in between a few clubs. Never lost a single towel.