GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

My Current Setup (Callaway, Adams, Mizuno, Bettinardi)

Nelson.br.1515 ·  
Nelson.br.1515Nelson.br.1515 Members  23WRX Points: 48Handicap: 15Posts: 23 Bunkers

Did a complete overhaul this year on my setup. Really happy with how everything has turned out. Went back to some old faithfuls in the RazrX Black fairway woods. The Adams driving iron was an experiment as I have never been able to hit hybrids anywhere but left. The biggest difference maker has been switching from Callaway XR irons to the Mizuno MP-H5 irons. Loved the distance from the XRs, just never knew how far they were going to go. Also my miss is normally thin and the Mizunos excel at covering that up.

Posted:
WITB:
Driver = Callaway Fusion Heavy, UST Mamiya Recoil ES 450 
5 wood = Callaway Fusion, UST Mamiya Recoil ES 450
3 DI = Adams XTD DHY Proto, Matrix Ozik Altus White Tie hX3
4 DI = Adams XTD DHY Proto, Matrix Ozik Altus White Tie hX3
5-PW = Mizuno MP-H5 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110
GW, SW, LW = Mizuno S5 50.07, 56.14, 60.06 TrueTemper Dynamic Gold
Putter = Bettinardi iNOVAi 3.0 Tour Prototype

Comments

• pltplt Members  119WRX Points: 93Posts: 119 Fairways

Man, awesome bag! I'm loving the choices from top to bottom.

If the Adams DHY experiment doesn't work out, I've heard that the MP-18 MMC Fli Hi is solid and forgiving as well.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Nelson.br.1515Nelson.br.1515 Members  23WRX Points: 48Handicap: 15Posts: 23 Bunkers

Thanks! So far so good on the DHY. It is forgiving enough and fills the distance gap. I might have to try out the Mizuno though...

Posted:
    WITB:
  • Nelson.br.1515Nelson.br.1515 Members  23WRX Points: 48Handicap: 15Posts: 23 Bunkers

Updated the top end of the bag. Who knew all of that “loft is your friend” stuff was true...really liking the Fusion Heavy driver. It may not go as long as my old Rogue but it is usually in the fairway and I didn’t lose as much distance as I thought with the shorter shaft. Got rid of the 4 wood 7 wood setup and went with 5 wood 3 DI. Really surprised with how much I like the the fusion 5 wood, easy elevation and great distance. Lastly added another Adams DHY, had one in 24 degrees and liked it so much decided to get it in 21.

Posted:
    WITB:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.