GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

TPC Sawgrass

harbor17 ·  
harbor17harbor17 Members  379WRX Points: 62Posts: 379 Greens

Hi Everyone,

We are heading to TPC Sawgrass on Oct 11 for 4 days/rounds of golf. We are a group of 4 and are planning to play 2 rounds on the Stadium Course and 1 round on Dye Valley, we are looking for 1 more course to play, any suggestions? This is a 40th birthday trip so not too concerned with greens fees and budget, just looking for a good course to fill out our schedule. Any suggestions would be helpful.

THanks.

Posted:

Comments

• fsutankerfsutanker Members  345WRX Points: 110Posts: 345 Greens

Buy the first tee card for $75 then Get Valley for $75 and King and Bear for $69, per player.
    https://tourcard.org/

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • texcromtexcrom Franklin, TNClubWRX  3703WRX Points: 333Posts: 3,703 ClubWRX

See if you can get hooked up with Pablo Creek. Private.

Posted:
    WITB

Taylor Made SIM 9.0 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff (ordered)
    Taylor Made SIM 15 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Taylor Made SIM 19 degree hybrid Ventus Stiff
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4 - 9 KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10F
    Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
    Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
    Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
    Titleist Cameron T22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1X

GO VOLS!
  • jaxbeachpackerfanjaxbeachpackerfan Jacksonville Beach FloridaMembers  217WRX Points: 53Handicap: 12.9Posts: 217 Fairways

On -, @texcrom said:

See if you can get hooked up with Pablo Creek. Private.

Pablo Creek is closed for a complete renovation. Can't go wrong with King & Bear, Slammer and Squire just a bit below. If you're a country club member, you pro may be able to get you on Sawgrass CC across from TPC Sawgrass. Better than the two aforementioned courses if you can get on.

Posted:
  • gatorgolfer86gatorgolfer86 Members  86WRX Points: 58Posts: 86 Fairways

On -, @fsutanker said:

Buy the first tee card for $75 then Get Valley for $75 and King and Bear for $69, per player.
    https://tourcard.org/

Wow. This is a real deal! Thanks for posting this.

Posted:
  • aabb312aabb312 Members  32WRX Points: 22Handicap: 12Posts: 32 Bunkers

Pablo is actually open through the year but letting maintenance slide til the end of the year.
    I actually prefer Plantation to Sawgrass at the moment. Timuquana is currently the number 2 course in JAX IMO.
    Off to Shinnecock Jaxbeachpackerfan! :) I'll send you pictures.

Posted:
  • T-MACT-MAC Members  2022WRX Points: 133Posts: 2,022 Platinum Tees

I just played both courses at Sawgrass over the weekend. Both are in great condition. $520.00 for the Stadium course was more $$ than what I remember paying a couple years ago, but what are you going to do....
    While I was there, they had the Drive, Chip, and Putt contest to see which kids were going to Augusta. On Friday I played with an 11 year old (and his father who was a Head Pro at a course in Myrtle Beach) and the kids was fantastic. His older brother was a heck of a player too but wasn't in the Drive, Chip, and Putt competition.
    As for a 3rd course, when I'm there I usually try to play Sawgrass CC or Palencia, which is down A1A towards St. Augustine. I also like most of the tracks in Amelia Island as well as the courses at World Golf Village.
    Have fun!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • harbor17harbor17 Members  379WRX Points: 62Posts: 379 Greens

Thanks, we have a tee time at King & Bear for the Friday we fly in, then off to Sawgrass, can’t wait!

Posted:
  • Juan73Juan73 JuanTheGolfer Members  560WRX Points: 123Handicap: 7.3Posts: 560 Golden Tee

On -, @T-MAC said:

I just played both courses at Sawgrass over the weekend. Both are in great condition. $520.00 for the Stadium course was more $$ than what I remember paying a couple years ago, but what are you going to do....
    While I was there, they had the Drive, Chip, and Putt contest to see which kids were going to Augusta. On Friday I played with an 11 year old (and his father who was a Head Pro at a course in Myrtle Beach) and the kids was fantastic. His older brother was a heck of a player too but wasn't in the Drive, Chip, and Putt competition.
    As for a 3rd course, when I'm there I usually try to play Sawgrass CC or Palencia, which is down A1A towards St. Augustine. I also like most of the tracks in Amelia Island as well as the courses at World Golf Village.
    Have fun!

When I played The Stadium Course a couple of years ago, the caddie told me they intend to continue to increase the price, in hopes it can decrease the amount of play. Prior to the most recent renovation the rack rate was $375, then to $500.

Posted:
  • T-MACT-MAC Members  2022WRX Points: 133Posts: 2,022 Platinum Tees

On -, @Juan73 said:

On -, @T-MAC said:

Have fun!

When I played The Stadium Course a couple of years ago, the caddie told me they intend to continue to increase the price, in hopes it can decrease the amount of play. Prior to the most recent renovation the rack rate was $375, then to $500.

I think there are some Stay-N-Play deals offered by the Marriott from time to time that offer better rates. That's what some buddies and I did a couple years ago but I didn't look into it for this trip because I was actually there looking at property. I just happen to sneak some golf in on this trip too. I mean, how can you stay at the Marriott and NOT play Sawgrass? I just wasn't prepared for the 520.00 rate, that's all.
    I made the tee time at the small "Pro Shop" right inside the Marriott. I was told the rate was 480.00 but when I checked out the bill said 520.00. I asked what the difference was and they said it was most likely tax and cart fee.
    I guess you don't get a cart for the 480.00? LOL
    It's all good though. had a great day and the course was in terrific condition.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.