GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

C-Taper Lite 1 iron shaft?

magnus7319 ·  
magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee TrevinoMembers  2427WRX Points: 251Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,427 Platinum Tees

A buddy of mine broke his Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1iron and asked me to re-shaft it for him. It had a KBS C Taper Lite Stiff in it, but when I go on Golfworks it looks like they only go from 2-W. Does anyone know if they sell a 1 iron shaft or does Mizuno just use the 2 iron shaft in this club? Thanks. (Next step is emailing Mizuno USA)

Posted:
M2 or M3 or M4 or ... M5 or SIM
Some driving iron for Links courses
Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s or Callys 
A Vokey wedge or 2 or 3
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

Comments

• CwebbCwebb Members  6028WRX Points: 331Posts: 6,028 Titanium Tees

I've never seen a "1 iron" specific shaft from KBS. It's most likely the 2 iron shaft in that club. You could take the grip off the broken shaft and look for the "laser imprint" on the shaft, to identify it

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members  2427WRX Points: 251Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,427 Platinum Tees

On -, @Cwebb said:

I've never seen a "1 iron" specific shaft from KBS. It's most likely the 2 iron shaft in that club. You could take the grip off the broken shaft and look for the "laser imprint" on the shaft, to identify it

That would have been nice to be able to do, but he threw away the shaft. 🥴 Unfortunately.

Posted:
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s or Callys 
    A Vokey wedge or 2 or 3

On -, @magnus7319 said:

On -, @Cwebb said:

That would have been nice to be able to do, but he threw away the shaft. 🥴 Unfortunately.

Sounds like it's time to order the 2 iron shaft

Posted:
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11607WRX Points: 2,287Posts: 11,607 Titanium Tees

On -, @magnus7319 said:

A buddy of mine broke his Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1iron and asked me to re-shaft it for him. It had a KBS C Taper Lite Stiff in it, but when I go on Golfworks it looks like they only go from 2-W. Does anyone know if they sell a 1 iron shaft or does Mizuno just use the 2 iron shaft in this club? Thanks. (Next step is emailing Mizuno USA)

It might be a 0.370 shaft, then there is a #1 iron shaft option, so measure the hosel to make sure what it is.

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

• No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers  6320WRX Points: 1,577Handicap: mePosts: 6,320 Titanium Tees

Was it anything like this shaft?

This is the shaft in my TM Tour Preferred UDi 1-iron. I picked it up used, so I don't know the hosel width.
    Incidentally, according to the Golfworks chart, the UDi was available with the .355 taper and .370 parallel, though the stock option for the .370 option isn't clear.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Mizuno MP4 Attas 115X 4-PW (+0.5")
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Forged 52* and 58*, DGS400 (both at 35.5")
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield/Taylormade TPA XVIII/Wilson 8802

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members  2427WRX Points: 251Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,427 Platinum Tees

I had thought of ordering the .370 and trimming accordingly but I’m almost positive this is a .355 hosel. I’ll have to verify.

Posted:
    A Vokey wedge or 2 or 3
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

On -, @magnus7319 said:

I had thought of ordering the .370 and trimming accordingly but I’m almost positive this is a .355 hosel. I’ll have to verify.

As far as I know, Mizuno's are always .355

Posted:
  • TommyRamTommyRam Southeast NebraskaMembers  3WRX Points: 10Handicap: Unofficial 10Posts: 3 Starters

Maybe give golfworks a call. They will usually special order something from their brands for you if they dont carry it in stock.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.