Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

C-Taper Lite 1 iron shaft?

magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee TrevinoMembers Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A buddy of mine broke his Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1iron and asked me to re-shaft it for him. It had a KBS C Taper Lite Stiff in it, but when I go on Golfworks it looks like they only go from 2-W. Does anyone know if they sell a 1 iron shaft or does Mizuno just use the 2 iron shaft in this club? Thanks. (Next step is emailing Mizuno USA)

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
Some driving iron for Links courses
Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
A Vokey wedge or 2
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

Comments

• CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen a "1 iron" specific shaft from KBS. It's most likely the 2 iron shaft in that club. You could take the grip off the broken shaft and look for the "laser imprint" on the shaft, to identify it

• magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Cwebb said:
    I've never seen a "1 iron" specific shaft from KBS. It's most likely the 2 iron shaft in that club. You could take the grip off the broken shaft and look for the "laser imprint" on the shaft, to identify it

That would have been nice to be able to do, but he threw away the shaft. 🥴 Unfortunately.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
    A Vokey wedge or 2

@magnus7319 said:

@Cwebb said:

That would have been nice to be able to do, but he threw away the shaft. 🥴 Unfortunately.

Sounds like it's time to order the 2 iron shaft

• Howard JonesHoward Jones Members Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@magnus7319 said:
    A buddy of mine broke his Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1iron and asked me to re-shaft it for him. It had a KBS C Taper Lite Stiff in it, but when I go on Golfworks it looks like they only go from 2-W. Does anyone know if they sell a 1 iron shaft or does Mizuno just use the 2 iron shaft in this club? Thanks. (Next step is emailing Mizuno USA)

It might be a 0.370 shaft, then there is a #1 iron shaft option, so measure the hosel to make sure what it is.

• No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was it anything like this shaft?

This is the shaft in my TM Tour Preferred UDi 1-iron. I picked it up used, so I don't know the hosel width.
    Incidentally, according to the Golfworks chart, the UDi was available with the .355 taper and .370 parallel, though the stock option for the .370 option isn't clear.

Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had thought of ordering the .370 and trimming accordingly but I’m almost positive this is a .355 hosel. I’ll have to verify.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    A Vokey wedge or 2

@magnus7319 said:
    I had thought of ordering the .370 and trimming accordingly but I’m almost positive this is a .355 hosel. I’ll have to verify.

As far as I know, Mizuno's are always .355

• TommyRamTommyRam Southeast NebraskaMembers Posts: 2

Maybe give golfworks a call. They will usually special order something from their brands for you if they dont carry it in stock.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file