Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

GolfWRX 2019 Best Drivers Discussion Thread

Comments

• 13jas13jas Validating - Unconfirmed, Members Posts: 1

My bad shot is a hook, what driver wood help me. 85-95 mph. I don’t hit up on driver. 12 % M4 is straight but is very short, help!

• onafridayonafriday Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TIM929 said:

@getair23 said:
    Hopefully WRX let's OEM's use the Best Driver logo for advertising.

Oh 100% if I saw 2 drivers:

1 with “golfwrx best of 2019”

1 with “ thai golf pie(rhymes with) best of 2019”

I would grab the WRX to try 100% over the other instantly..

Are we not allowed to reference **** content on these boards? Imagine most guys on here check out both?

Ping G410 LST 9* Diamana W 60X
    Cobra F9 Tour 13.5* Tensei CK Pro Blue 60TX
    SLDR 19* Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X
    TaylorMade P790 ‘19 (4-P) Modus3 120X
    Vokey SM7 (raw) 48F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120X
    Bettinardi BBO DASS Proto RJBB716
  • pascoepascoe Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Really enjoying the new TS line, big improvement over the 917's

• bordercitygolferbordercitygolfer Members Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Only a couple rounds in with my M6 (with Matrix Black Tie X-stiff) and definitely noticing significant yardage gains. Off center hits are still getting out there, and when its on the screws its been the longest club I've had to date. Great looks at address (hated previous TM white crowns) and great sound. Feedback is good too.

Driver - TM M6, Matrix Ozik MFS M5 black tie X
    3W - Callaway Epic, Fubuki X
    H - Nike VRS 3&4, Fubuki S
    Irons - Bridgestone J40, ProjectX 6.0
    Wedges - Scratch DD 50/53/58
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Global Limited, Mills Ming

• rechlo67rechlo67 Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaMembers Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@Rig14Port said:
    Seems legit... Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 X is hands down the best performing driver combo I've ever owned

I had this exact same setup but I had two crack on the top of the driver in the exact same spot, right by the hossle right through the "epic" logo

WITB:
    Taylormade M5 9° Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" 60TX
    Taylormade M1 3HL 17° Graphite Design ADDI 80X Tipped 1" 
    Taylormade P790 3 Aldila RIP 85X
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MB's 4-PW PX 6.5
    Taylormade High-Toe 52°/56°/60° PX 6.5
    Odyssey Works Versa 7 35"
  • gandorgandor Members Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SBH9458 said:
    TS4. Longest driver I’ve ever owned. Truth. I haven’t owned it long enough to speak to consistency and such, but it is the longest.

same here TS4 is the longest so far for me...it was the adams 9015D for me before.

Titleist TS4 8.5*/TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX (.5") / TM M5 Tour 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX (.5")
    Ping G400 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX (1") / Cobra F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1")
    Miura MB-001 Tournament Blade 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X / Black P790 3i Recoil ES F4 / Cobra F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Miura MB-001 Tournament Blade 4-P Modus3 Tour 120X / TM Black P790 4-PW C-Taper Lite Black LE 115X
    Vokey WedgeWorks V-Grind 50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
    Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
    Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
    Bettinardi Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
    Scotty Newport T22(current gamer)
    K-Signature
    WITB Link
  • BetterAtBingoBetterAtBingo Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

Funny enough, I have demoed quite a few of the "best" drivers from this year but find myself returning to the M3 every time.

• Mikey5eMikey5e Members Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rechlo67 said:

@Rig14Port said:
    Seems legit... Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 X is hands down the best performing driver combo I've ever owned

I had this exact same setup but I had two crack on the top of the driver in the exact same spot, right by the hossle right through the "epic" logo

SS?

• Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,203 ClubWRX

@tsecor said:
    I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

I just put a 910 D2 back in the bag but went with a low loft and mid shaft... so far, its as long as anything else I have tried and still very forgiving. The only driver I have gotten faster ball speeds with than the 910 D2 was the ST190G. As far as the TS line goes, I'd probably say the TS3 from the 910 D3... it still looks smaller from the top but has a deeper face and will be pretty forgiving. I think the 910 feels and sounds better though.... You'd have to see if you really gain anything honestly. I had been demoing the TS2 also, but the 910 was actually giving me better numbers. TS2 is forgiving and feels nice, though.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

• getair23getair23 Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

WRX logo looks great in the new Callaway ad.

Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Nixhex524 said:

@tsecor said:
    I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

I just put a 910 D2 back in the bag but went with a low loft and mid shaft... so far, its as long as anything else I have tried and still very forgiving. The only driver I have gotten faster ball speeds with than the 910 D2 was the ST190G. As far as the TS line goes, I'd probably say the TS3 from the 910 D3... it still looks smaller from the top but has a deeper face and will be pretty forgiving. I think the 910 feels and sounds better though.... You'd have to see if you really gain anything honestly. I had been demoing the TS2 also, but the 910 was actually giving me better numbers. TS2 is forgiving and feels nice, though.

I just hit my longest drive of my life with the 910 tonight. 320 yards. Ive hit one or 2 at 300 before but its so rare for me to be over 275. I caught one perfectly and got a nice roll. I am not sure a $500 driver would ever pay off for me

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,610 ClubWRX

I dinked around with all kinds of new drivers, shafts, from last summer til now, OG Epic with T800 stock is still the best set up for me, just works for mortal swing speed.

Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tsecor said:

@Nixhex524 said:

@tsecor said:

I just hit my longest drive of my life with the 910 tonight. 320 yards. Ive hit one or 2 at 300 before but its so rare for me to be over 275. I caught one perfectly and got a nice roll. I am not sure a $500 driver would ever pay off for me

Distance has been maxed for awhile... the right setup with five year old tech will launch the ball as far as anything else on the market. The only things you can buy now are a better overall setup and more forgiveness.

I’ve been wanting a new driver, but really think I just need a good fitter to find the right shaft and head combination and buy last years technology.

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• Oett11Oett11 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

About time for me to upgrade, been playing the mizuno 190, sound and numbers are good but the ping 410 lst is calling.

Mizuno st 180~~ 9.5* Diamana D+ 70 x
    Mizuno st 180 3w 15* Ust Chrome 8f5t
    Cobra F8 hybrid 22* Rogue 85 stiff
    Cobra King Mb 5-pw kbs $taper 125
    Cleveland Rtx4 50/54 ti s400
    Taylormade mini spider 35

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Earlier this year I was all in on Callaway EF. Then I went to the range with a buddy who changed hosel settings, weight placement. When I started hitting my clubs post his adjustment I hit the ball everywhere! This reminded me why I keep away from adjustable weight clubs; tinkering is unavoidable (for me) and hurts my game. I’m 1000% happy with my TM M2/M4/M6 woods and hybrids. I have confidence that they work well just as they are.

Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • colinhlaucolinhlau Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Liking my new TS2 but can’t say I’m happy with their new string of club releases. 4 drivers this year seems excessive.

• Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,203 ClubWRX

@tsecor said:

@Nixhex524 said:

@tsecor said:

Probably not.. I was getting faster ball speeds with the 910 than I was with the TS2 or TS3. I don't know what it was but it definitely translated to the course for me the last two rounds. My '17 M2 is another great driver, I love it, but actually prefer the feel of the 910 for now. I will keep the M2, but bag the 910 for now. Lots of great drivers out right now, only new driver I am really considering is the M5, but I think if you have something good now, no reason to upgrade for the prices they are at currently.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

• MichaelYHMichaelYH Members Posts: 2

Love my TaylorMade M3 with fujikura pro 2.0 6-X. Straight with less spin.

• MichaelHMichaelH Unregistered Posts: 0

I have the taylormade m3 with fujikura pro 2.0 6-x, hits ok with very less spin.

• Latetogolf76Latetogolf76 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Just switched from ts3 to epic flash sub zero perfect driver except the sound but when I see where I am I don’t care about the noise it makes.

EPIC FLASH SZ 9* N -1 HZRDUS SMOKE 60 6.5 
    M6 ROCKET 3 14* HZRDUS SMOKE 70 6.5
    SRIXON ZU85 18* KBS TOUR PROTO 85 STIFF+
    PING G410 HYBRID 19* EVENFLOW BLACK 85 6.5
    APEX CF16 4-5-6-7 PRO 8-9-PW- PROJECT X 6.0
    GLIDE 2.0 STEALTH 50*-54*-58* AWT 2.0
    SIGMA G KUSHIN 33" 

TP5X
  • gandorgandor Members Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tsecor said:

TS3 is D3...but if you like smaller profile and can hit the TS4, man this thing rolls forever! it is low launch so if you are getting it, make sure to get higher loft than usual.

Titleist TS4 8.5*/TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX (.5") / TM M5 Tour 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX (.5")
    Ping G400 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX (1") / Cobra F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1")
    Miura MB-001 Tournament Blade 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X / Black P790 3i Recoil ES F4 / Cobra F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Miura MB-001 Tournament Blade 4-P Modus3 Tour 120X / TM Black P790 4-PW C-Taper Lite Black LE 115X
    Vokey WedgeWorks V-Grind 50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
    Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
    Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
    Bettinardi Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
    Scotty Newport T22(current gamer)
    K-Signature
    WITB Link
  • JackofalltradesJackofalltrades Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

PXG Gen 2 with AD GP 7X....my miss is low on the face and was still seeing ball speeds between 175-177 on a low strike. Would like to give M5 a spin because I hear if your swing speed is around 120 like mine it might be a good fit.

• davidmcnabdavidmcnab Members Posts: 1
    edited Sep 4, 2019 2:44pm #115

On August 26, KETO posted and said, in part: "........Good square hits were right down the line or wanted to get back there, on a store sim that I know is not jacked and in fact adjusted for below our sea level..."......I have never thought of that, altho I did wonder if there were a way to 'rig' the Trackmaster etc.....is there any way to know if the store or fitter has rigged the Trackmaster device to artificially inflate the distance, or measure it "long"..??..??.....I suppose I could hit my current driver and use that distance to see if the device is accurate to start with, but is there a better way to check, espec with the adjustment relative to altitude (sea level versus Denver, for example)? Thanks....ps: how do you reply to a post from another user?

• WillbdaWillbda Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have found that for high spin players, the best Driver has been the Ping 410 LST, with a Project X HZDUS Yellow shaft. Low spin, higher launch. The driver head itself it the most forgiving in my opinion.

• Puma74Puma74 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

the F9 with the Smoke shaft was awesome.......

• alyssawrrkalyssawrrk Members Posts: 1

Hi everybody! Is anyone a Ben Hogan equipment fan? I'm curious what type of wedge I should look into. I'm a beginner!

• DMAICDMAIC Members Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@Willbda said:
    I have found that for high spin players, the best Driver has been the Ping 410 LST, with a Project X HZDUS Yellow shaft. Low spin, higher launch. The driver head itself it the most forgiving in my opinion.

The pro who I take lessons from plays this combo and loves it.

• mogc60mogc60 Members Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hadn’t owned a Callaway club in probably 15 years. Used FlyZ + for many years, switched to an M5 Tour and it was a great driver. Don’t know how or why I got talked into trying the Epic Flash SZ but on the second swing the ball was gone. Bombed. 15 more shots and I traded the M5 and bought the SZ. So many great drivers out right now but I am loving the Epic Flash SZ.

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4”
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5”
    WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S
    SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5
    CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X
    SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38”
    SNELL MTB-X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji