GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Golf hole map, virtually...

TomBomb51 ·  
TomBomb51TomBomb51 Members  560WRX Points: 154Handicap: 2.7Posts: 560 Golden Tee
Joined:  edited Aug 26, 2019 in Courses, Memberships and Travel #1

I figured General would be an okay place to ask this...
Does anyone have any experience or background in running a website for a club? I joined a golf course this year and I want to offer up some services on my own time, starting with helping with their website. Other than starting from scratch in Photoshop or something similar, does anyone know of a program or website where I could sketch up the holes of the course? I went to a course over the weekend and they have a really well designed website with a "virtual tour" of each hole, which really was just a top-down view of the holes with yardages and a small writeup of each hole. I would love to do something like this for my golf course.

Posted:
Ping G410 Plus 9* - Diamana DF 60s
Ping G410 14.5* - Diamana DF 70s
Taylormade M2 18* - Diamana DF 70s
Mizuno 919 Forged/Tour 4-PW - S300 AMT Tour White
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 - S400
Odyssey Stroke Lab Three
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Comments

• HatsForBatsHatsForBats Members  2020WRX Points: 292Handicap: 7Posts: 2,020 Platinum Tees

Google Earth to get top down satellite images and a program like Inkscape to trace the layouts?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ImpImp Fueled Members  6273WRX Points: 312Handicap: 12.6Posts: 6,273 Titanium Tees

I can do that in photoshop/Illustrator, but I also have a tablet (Microsoft SurfaceBook) that allows me to create traces of the holes by hand using the stylus (just as good with a mouse too). As HfB said, Inkscape would do it too. If you need responsive web graphics, SVG is the way to go (Illustrator/Inkscape)

--kC

Posted:
    Callaway Fusion 9* / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2645WRX Points: 1,044Posts: 2,645 Titanium Tees

Does the course have a yardage book? I would think the drawings (in digital format) might be able to be had from the yardage book company (for a fee I am sure).

Posted:
  • TomBomb51TomBomb51 Members  560WRX Points: 154Handicap: 2.7Posts: 560 Golden Tee

On -, @smashdn said:

Does the course have a yardage book? I would think the drawings (in digital format) might be able to be had from the yardage book company (for a fee I am sure).

No, there is no yardage book.
    I have my own yardage book and was going to do all the work myself.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9* - Diamana DF 60s
    Ping G410 14.5* - Diamana DF 70s
    Taylormade M2 18* - Diamana DF 70s
    Mizuno 919 Forged/Tour 4-PW - S300 AMT Tour White
    Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 - S400
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Three
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1112WRX Points: 350Posts: 1,112 Platinum Tees

Get on instagram, and search your location. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of kids uploading drone footage. Contact a few of them, and ask them to do some drone footage of the holes. In return, they can use your video for their promotions and videos.

Usually works.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.