Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Golf hole map, virtually...

TomBomb51TomBomb51 Members Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭

I figured General would be an okay place to ask this...
Does anyone have any experience or background in running a website for a club? I joined a golf course this year and I want to offer up some services on my own time, starting with helping with their website. Other than starting from scratch in Photoshop or something similar, does anyone know of a program or website where I could sketch up the holes of the course? I went to a course over the weekend and they have a really well designed website with a "virtual tour" of each hole, which really was just a top-down view of the holes with yardages and a small writeup of each hole. I would love to do something like this for my golf course.

Ping G410 Plus 9* - Diamana DF 60s
Taylormade M5 14* - Diamana DF 70s
Taylormade M2 18* - Diamana DF 70s
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW - S300 AMT Tour White
Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 - KBS 610
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5
Titleist ProV 1x

Comments

• HatsForBatsHatsForBats Members Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google Earth to get top down satellite images and a program like Inkscape to trace the layouts?

• ImpImp Fueled Members Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can do that in photoshop/Illustrator, but I also have a tablet (Microsoft SurfaceBook) that allows me to create traces of the holes by hand using the stylus (just as good with a mouse too). As HfB said, Inkscape would do it too. If you need responsive web graphics, SVG is the way to go (Illustrator/Inkscape)

--kC

Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Does the course have a yardage book? I would think the drawings (in digital format) might be able to be had from the yardage book company (for a fee I am sure).

• TomBomb51TomBomb51 Members Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭

@smashdn said:
    Does the course have a yardage book? I would think the drawings (in digital format) might be able to be had from the yardage book company (for a fee I am sure).

No, there is no yardage book.
    I have my own yardage book and was going to do all the work myself.

Ping G410 Plus 9* - Diamana DF 60s
    Taylormade M5 14* - Diamana DF 70s
    Taylormade M2 18* - Diamana DF 70s
    Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW - S300 AMT Tour White
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 - KBS 610
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5
    Titleist ProV 1x
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get on instagram, and search your location. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of kids uploading drone footage. Contact a few of them, and ask them to do some drone footage of the holes. In return, they can use your video for their promotions and videos.

Usually works.

Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla Tour Blue 75g
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla Tour Blue
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file