GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Am I insane?

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13929WRX Points: 2,748Handicap: 3.1Posts: 13,929 Titanium Tees

I've had way crazier golf dreams
    I vote sane

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Callaway Apex UT 30* AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Long Island NYMembers, ClubWRX  1111WRX Points: 297Handicap: 4Posts: 1,111 Platinum Tees

I just want to thank you for buying that piece of crap from me. I had the same dream 3 months ago -didn't make a putt with it and moved on from it.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW Proto
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM6 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Byron Morgan Proto DH89
    TPX5
    Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
    Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11599WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,599 Titanium Tees

On -, @dmecca2 said:

On -, @JohnnyCashForever said:

Hogan famously dreamt of playing a round where he 1-putted every green except the last. He described it as a nightmare. Imagine if he had a Ping Scottsdale TR B60.

That still sounds like the best dream ever. 19 putts!?!

might be 0 greens in reg.

Posted:
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3461WRX Points: 491Handicap: 8.5Posts: 3,461 ClubWRX

No, I've never had a good golf dream and I often dream about golf. Here are some of the ones I typically have:

Cannot get the ball to stay on a tee.

Cannot make a full swing due to obstructions.

Fairway is like a narrow hallway so if I could ever get a ball to stay on a tee and had room to make a swing there is no way I could keep it in play.

I'm not sure I've ever actually hit a ball in any of my golf dreams, and the build up to getting to the point where I could swing takes forever. I'd rather dream about something else.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11814WRX Points: 1,611Posts: 11,814 Titanium Tees

On -, @RSinSG said:

No, I've never had a good golf dream and I often dream about golf. Here are some of the ones I typically have:

Fairway is like a narrow hallway so if I could ever get a ball to stay on a tee and had room to make a swing there is no way I could keep it in play.

I'm not sure I've ever actually hit a ball in any of my golf dreams, and the build up to getting to the point where I could swing takes forever. I'd rather dream about something else.

How about the one where you get to the first tee and everybody is waiting on you and you cannot find your golf bag and clubs anywhere?

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  341WRX Points: 306Handicap: +3Posts: 341 Greens

On -, @RSinSG said:

"Cannot make a full swing due to obstructions" - this one is so true for me. EXTREMELY frustrating as well. I always have to reposition my ball on the tee and I feel bad because i know im taking forever to hit the ball. I also have trouble sometimes when I try to focus and swing and I think its because im laying in the bed so my balance is messed up.

But for some reason this dream was just different. Was only really on the greens and I had all the confidence in the world.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6533WRX Points: 1,765Handicap: 8Posts: 6,533 Titanium Tees

Makes sense to me.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 23 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 27 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members  6883WRX Points: 1,062Handicap: XX.5Posts: 6,883 Titanium Tees

Maybe next time you should sleepwalk.

Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    MG ball
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers  1748WRX Points: 226Handicap: 10Posts: 1,748 Platinum Tees

On -, @dmecca2 said:

On -, @RSinSG said:

"Cannot make a full swing due to obstructions" - this one is so true for me. EXTREMELY frustrating as well. I always have to reposition my ball on the tee and I feel bad because i know im taking forever to hit the ball. I also have trouble sometimes when I try to focus and swing and I think its because im laying in the bed so my balance is messed up.

But for some reason this dream was just different. Was only really on the greens and I had all the confidence in the world.

Hopefully Glenmaura greens had the same dream for you.... We've had some decent weather lately, they are rolling nice!

Posted:
    Driver - Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60g S Shaft
    Irons/Wedges - Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Stiff Shaft
                                Ping i25 4-LW w Ping CFS Stiff Shafts
    Grips - Golf Pride MCC +4 Driver/2iron, NDMC Standard 4-LW
    Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 33"
    Putter Grip - Golf Pride SNSR Straight 104
    Ball - Callaway Diablo Tour 3 Piece

• dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  341WRX Points: 306Handicap: +3Posts: 341 Greens

On -, @mvhoffman said:

On -, @dmecca2 said:

On -, @RSinSG said:

Hopefully Glenmaura greens had the same dream for you.... We've had some decent weather lately, they are rolling nice!

Getting better since being punched 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they will be better by this weekend.

Posted:
  • mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers  1748WRX Points: 226Handicap: 10Posts: 1,748 Platinum Tees

On -, @dmecca2 said:

On -, @mvhoffman said:

On -, @dmecca2 said:

On -, @RSinSG said:

Getting better since being punched 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they will be better by this weekend.

Good luck man

Posted:
    Driver - Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60g S Shaft
    Irons/Wedges - Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Stiff Shaft
                                Ping i25 4-LW w Ping CFS Stiff Shafts
    Grips - Golf Pride MCC +4 Driver/2iron, NDMC Standard 4-LW
    Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 33"
    Putter Grip - Golf Pride SNSR Straight 104
    Ball - Callaway Diablo Tour 3 Piece

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 571Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees

this is one of those Freudian things where the putter represents another woman.

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 
  • TexC04TexC04 Members  25WRX Points: 14Posts: 25 Bunkers

If you had this dream and didn't buy the putter...then you'd be insane..

Posted:

Callaway Rogue 10.5* driver
    Callaway Rogue 17* Fairway
    Callaway Rogue 21* and 24* and 27* Hybrids
    Mizuno JPX 919 7-PW, GW, SW, LW
    Lajosi DD-201 WB

Update: Putter came in yesterday and I was able to play 9 holes with it. Calm 2 under. Didnt miss anything short, but didnt have many opportunities as my birdie putts were all within 5 feet or outside of 20.
    Obviously doesnt feel as amazing as in my dream, but still like it so far.

Posted:
  • Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers  81WRX Points: 34Posts: 81 Fairways

On -, @dmecca2 said:

Update: Putter came in yesterday and I was able to play 9 holes with it. Calm 2 under. Didnt miss anything short, but didnt have many opportunities as my birdie putts were all within 5 feet or outside of 20.
    Obviously doesnt feel as amazing as in my dream, but still like it so far.

Nice work! Sounds like a solid purchase to me.

Posted:

Final update: Ended up winning the club championship this weekend. Putted great and hopefully will keep this putter in the bag for a while

Posted:

Advertisement
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Southern Ontario, CanadaUnregistered  2130WRX Points: 394Handicap: 6.5Posts: 2,130 Platinum Tees

On -, @dmecca2 said:

Final update: Ended up winning the club championship this weekend. Putted great and hopefully will keep this putter in the bag for a while

That's awesome. I wish I had a dream where a club came to me in a premonition and it ended up being awesome. All the clubs I buy are great indoors and suck outside.

Posted:

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

• ChoreaChorea Members  12WRX Points: 11Posts: 12 Bunkers

haha brilliant

Posted:
  • Puma74Puma74 Members  132WRX Points: 51Posts: 132 Fairways

Ive dreamed of putting well in one round in my life.......hasnt happened yet.....

Posted:
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers  627WRX Points: 140Handicap: 13.8Posts: 627 Golden Tee

I did something similar with a 3W a couple months ago and its still leaning against the wall in my living room. I have yet to hit a single ball with it. I dont know why. And the thought of taking it to the course scares me.

Posted:
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

Advertisement
  • Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members  185WRX Points: 76Handicap: 1Posts: 185 Fairways

On -, @dmecca2 said:

I had a dream last night that I won a PGA tour event by making every putt I hit. I've had these dreams before, but this one was different because I was using a putter I have never held before or seen in person. I actually think this putter isn't visually appealing at all. So after waking up from the best dream ever, I opened ebay and did a quick search and BOOM, there it was. Same putter, grip, everything. I immediately purchased it and plan on gaming it as soon as it arrives.

Has anyone else had dreams like this? and am I nuts for making this purchase? (my fiance says yes)

To buy a putter you don't find visually appealing. Yep, sounds nuts to me.
    Be sure to let us know how you putt during your first round playing with it.

On -, @Ferguson said:

Never dreamed of golf. Faldo showed up in one of my dreams at a concierge.

Haha
    Were you on a golf vacation when you had the dream?
    Had you read a Faldo book (or watched a Faldo video) around the time?
    Was it around a time Faldo was playing good, and being shown on TV?

Posted:
    Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• sford31sford31 Members  42WRX Points: 26Posts: 42 Bunkers

Now you just have to get it on the green

Posted:
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5931WRX Points: 3,393Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,931 Titanium Tees

On -, @Golf Scientist said:

On -, @dmecca2 said:

I had a dream last night that I won a PGA tour event by making every putt I hit. I've had these dreams before, but this one was different because I was using a putter I have never held before or seen in person. I actually think this putter isn't visually appealing at all. So after waking up from the best dream ever, I opened ebay and did a quick search and BOOM, there it was. Same putter, grip, everything. I immediately purchased it and plan on gaming it as soon as it arrives.

Has anyone else had dreams like this? and am I nuts for making this purchase? (my fiance says yes)

On -, @Ferguson said:

Haha

You sound like my wife with all the questions.
    Not on vacation - business.
    Faldo's time on TV and written collective works were not even a passing thought at the time.
    It wasn't even a good time for Faldo. It was arbitrary.

I was checking into a hotel and he asked if I needed a car service, because as he stated, "they do a cracking job to get you where you're going." That's the first and last time I saw Faldo in a dream.

Posted:
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3497WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,497 Titanium Tees

Are you going to tell us what putter it is? I cant wait any longer...

Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902

On -, @5hort5tuff said:

Are you going to tell us what putter it is? I cant wait any longer...

It's the Ping B60 Scottsdale TR edition with a red and white superstroke grip. During my dream I remember looking at this thing and thinking "woah, i cant believe I had never tried this putter, thank god i brought it out for this tournament."
    Had it out for the club championship over labor day weekend and ended up winning by 7 shots. Putted very well and even though I didnt find the putter visually pleasing originally, I'm liking the almost half mallet half blade look.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Golf Scientist said:

On -, @dmecca2 said:

On -, @Ferguson said:

Haha

First 9 holes was a 2 under, first tournament was the club championship which I ended up winning. So its definitely doing well so far!

Posted:
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1432WRX Points: 640Posts: 1,432 Platinum Tees

Those cheap dreams are nice, once you start dreaming about Circle T putters maybe you have gone insane.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Ping G410 LST - 13.5° - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Tensei CK Orange Pro 90TX
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Callaway MD4 Raw 56° - Callaway PM19 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

• e36ere36er Members  637WRX Points: 84Handicap: 18Posts: 637 Golden Tee

haha awesome story!
    problem with me is that i day dream during my work and keep buying more putters when I already know these incoming putters won't help me much with my score...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1152WRX Points: 404Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,152 Platinum Tees

What an awesome story haha -- keep updating us on how the putting goes!

Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.