Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Am I insane?

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 28, 2019 1:15am #32

I've had way crazier golf dreams
    I vote sane

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Long Island NYMembers, ClubWRX Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want to thank you for buying that piece of crap from me. I had the same dream 3 months ago -didn't make a putt with it and moved on from it.

Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM5 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Toulon Memphis
    ProV1X / TP5X
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • larrybudlarrybud Members Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dmecca2 said:

@JohnnyCashForever said:
    Hogan famously dreamt of playing a round where he 1-putted every green except the last. He described it as a nightmare. Imagine if he had a Ping Scottsdale TR B60.

That still sounds like the best dream ever. 19 putts!?!

might be 0 greens in reg.

• RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,220 ClubWRX

No, I've never had a good golf dream and I often dream about golf. Here are some of the ones I typically have:

Cannot get the ball to stay on a tee.

Cannot make a full swing due to obstructions.

Fairway is like a narrow hallway so if I could ever get a ball to stay on a tee and had room to make a swing there is no way I could keep it in play.

I'm not sure I've ever actually hit a ball in any of my golf dreams, and the build up to getting to the point where I could swing takes forever. I'd rather dream about something else.

Ping G410 Tensi Orange
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RSinSG said:
    No, I've never had a good golf dream and I often dream about golf. Here are some of the ones I typically have:

Fairway is like a narrow hallway so if I could ever get a ball to stay on a tee and had room to make a swing there is no way I could keep it in play.

I'm not sure I've ever actually hit a ball in any of my golf dreams, and the build up to getting to the point where I could swing takes forever. I'd rather dream about something else.

How about the one where you get to the first tee and everybody is waiting on you and you cannot find your golf bag and clubs anywhere?

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@RSinSG said:

"Cannot make a full swing due to obstructions" - this one is so true for me. EXTREMELY frustrating as well. I always have to reposition my ball on the tee and I feel bad because i know im taking forever to hit the ball. I also have trouble sometimes when I try to focus and swing and I think its because im laying in the bed so my balance is messed up.

But for some reason this dream was just different. Was only really on the greens and I had all the confidence in the world.

• lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, IllinoisMembers Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense to me.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe next time you should sleepwalk.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dmecca2 said:

@RSinSG said:

"Cannot make a full swing due to obstructions" - this one is so true for me. EXTREMELY frustrating as well. I always have to reposition my ball on the tee and I feel bad because i know im taking forever to hit the ball. I also have trouble sometimes when I try to focus and swing and I think its because im laying in the bed so my balance is messed up.

But for some reason this dream was just different. Was only really on the greens and I had all the confidence in the world.

Hopefully Glenmaura greens had the same dream for you.... We've had some decent weather lately, they are rolling nice!

Driver - Cobra King F8 @ 12.5 w Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70 X flex
    Fairway wood - 2015 Callaway Great Big Bertha 18* w Aldilla NV 75g S shaft
    Hybrid - Adams XTD Super Hybrid @ 22* w White Matrix Ozik Program S shaft
    Irons/Wedges - Ping i25 5-LW w Ping CFS Stiff shafts
    Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w UST FF shaft @ 33"
    Ball - Wilson 50 Elite Yellow / Callaway Chrome Soft X
    Grips - Champkey AVS Midsize
    Putter Grip: Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0

@mvhoffman said:

@dmecca2 said:

@RSinSG said:

Hopefully Glenmaura greens had the same dream for you.... We've had some decent weather lately, they are rolling nice!

Getting better since being punched 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they will be better by this weekend.

• mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dmecca2 said:

@mvhoffman said:

@dmecca2 said:

@RSinSG said:

Getting better since being punched 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they will be better by this weekend.

Good luck man

Driver - Cobra King F8 @ 12.5 w Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70 X flex
    Fairway wood - 2015 Callaway Great Big Bertha 18* w Aldilla NV 75g S shaft
    Hybrid - Adams XTD Super Hybrid @ 22* w White Matrix Ozik Program S shaft
    Irons/Wedges - Ping i25 5-LW w Ping CFS Stiff shafts
    Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w UST FF shaft @ 33"
    Ball - Wilson 50 Elite Yellow / Callaway Chrome Soft X
    Grips - Champkey AVS Midsize
    Putter Grip: Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0

• 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

this is one of those Freudian things where the putter represents another woman.

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • TexC04TexC04 Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

If you had this dream and didn't buy the putter...then you'd be insane..

Callaway Rogue 10.5* driver
    Callaway Rogue 17* Fairway
    Callaway Rogue 21* and 24* and 27* Hybrids
    Mizuno JPX 919 7-PW, GW, SW, LW
    Lajosi DD-201 WB

Update: Putter came in yesterday and I was able to play 9 holes with it. Calm 2 under. Didnt miss anything short, but didnt have many opportunities as my birdie putts were all within 5 feet or outside of 20.
    Obviously doesnt feel as amazing as in my dream, but still like it so far.

• Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

@dmecca2 said:
    Update: Putter came in yesterday and I was able to play 9 holes with it. Calm 2 under. Didnt miss anything short, but didnt have many opportunities as my birdie putts were all within 5 feet or outside of 20.
    Obviously doesnt feel as amazing as in my dream, but still like it so far.

Nice work! Sounds like a solid purchase to me.

Final update: Ended up winning the club championship this weekend. Putted great and hopefully will keep this putter in the bag for a while

• phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dmecca2 said:
    Final update: Ended up winning the club championship this weekend. Putted great and hopefully will keep this putter in the bag for a while

That's awesome. I wish I had a dream where a club came to me in a premonition and it ended up being awesome. All the clubs I buy are great indoors and suck outside.

Cobra F9 7.5 - Accra TZ5 55
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5 - Fubuki V 70
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18 - Diamana Thump 85
    Mizuno CLK 22* - Speeder 75HB
    New Level 1031 5-P - DG105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth - DG105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Proto 1 of 1 
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport
  • ChoreaChorea Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

haha brilliant

• Puma74Puma74 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Ive dreamed of putting well in one round in my life.......hasnt happened yet.....

• DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 7, 2019 12:57pm #52

I did something similar with a 3W a couple months ago and its still leaning against the wall in my living room. I have yet to hit a single ball with it. I dont know why. And the thought of taking it to the course scares me.

Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most
  • Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2019 1:40am #53

@dmecca2 said:
    I had a dream last night that I won a PGA tour event by making every putt I hit. I've had these dreams before, but this one was different because I was using a putter I have never held before or seen in person. I actually think this putter isn't visually appealing at all. So after waking up from the best dream ever, I opened ebay and did a quick search and BOOM, there it was. Same putter, grip, everything. I immediately purchased it and plan on gaming it as soon as it arrives.

Has anyone else had dreams like this? and am I nuts for making this purchase? (my fiance says yes)

To buy a putter you don't find visually appealing. Yep, sounds nuts to me.
    Be sure to let us know how you putt during your first round playing with it.

@Ferguson said:
    Never dreamed of golf. Faldo showed up in one of my dreams at a concierge.

Haha
    Were you on a golf vacation when you had the dream?
    Had you read a Faldo book (or watched a Faldo video) around the time?
    Was it around a time Faldo was playing good, and being shown on TV?

Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• sford31sford31 Members Posts: 42 ✭✭

Now you just have to get it on the green

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Golf Scientist said:

@dmecca2 said:
    I had a dream last night that I won a PGA tour event by making every putt I hit. I've had these dreams before, but this one was different because I was using a putter I have never held before or seen in person. I actually think this putter isn't visually appealing at all. So after waking up from the best dream ever, I opened ebay and did a quick search and BOOM, there it was. Same putter, grip, everything. I immediately purchased it and plan on gaming it as soon as it arrives.

Has anyone else had dreams like this? and am I nuts for making this purchase? (my fiance says yes)

@Ferguson said:

Haha

You sound like my wife with all the questions.
    Not on vacation - business.
    Faldo's time on TV and written collective works were not even a passing thought at the time.
    It wasn't even a good time for Faldo. It was arbitrary.

I was checking into a hotel and he asked if I needed a car service, because as he stated, "they do a cracking job to get you where you're going." That's the first and last time I saw Faldo in a dream.

• 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you going to tell us what putter it is? I cant wait any longer...

COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902

@5hort5tuff said:
    Are you going to tell us what putter it is? I cant wait any longer...

It's the Ping B60 Scottsdale TR edition with a red and white superstroke grip. During my dream I remember looking at this thing and thinking "woah, i cant believe I had never tried this putter, thank god i brought it out for this tournament."
    Had it out for the club championship over labor day weekend and ended up winning by 7 shots. Putted very well and even though I didnt find the putter visually pleasing originally, I'm liking the almost half mallet half blade look.

@Golf Scientist said:

@dmecca2 said:

@Ferguson said:

Haha

First 9 holes was a 2 under, first tournament was the club championship which I ended up winning. So its definitely doing well so far!

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those cheap dreams are nice, once you start dreaming about Circle T putters maybe you have gone insane.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • e36ere36er Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭✭

haha awesome story!
    problem with me is that i day dream during my work and keep buying more putters when I already know these incoming putters won't help me much with my score...

• tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an awesome story haha -- keep updating us on how the putting goes!

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file