GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

What is the one rule you wish could be changed

1676869707173»

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

I’m not taking any bait today.

Anyone who wishes to discuss my thoughts may pm me and I’ll be happy to listen , and reply In the most courteous manner I can. But I’m not being led down that road .

you need to re-read this post if you think it isn’t political.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • maestrohmaestroh Members  23WRX Points: 33Posts: 23 Bunkers

I'm sorry, please direct me to which my 13 posts to this forum I mentioned the word divot and or relief from one.

TIA

Posted:

I'm also still interested in someone explaining to me, in which of my now 14 posts have rendered me ill-mannered and dishonest.

Posted:
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers  5844WRX Points: 523Posts: 5,844 Titanium Tees

Out of curiosity a day or so back, I took a quick look at your posts. I didn't see anything.

dave

Posted:

Thank you Dave.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  7170WRX Points: 1,381Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 7,170 Titanium Tees

Don't need to re-read it. Read it the first time and read it again after your previous post.

I get the slight "dig", but "political" ? Puh-lease.

Where is the political opinion exactly ? Because he called someone ill mannered and typed 3 letters and got you to bite ? This is "political" ? I don't think so. But what do I know ?

Posted:

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  7170WRX Points: 1,381Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 7,170 Titanium Tees

"Cathartic" !!! Good word. Sounds like he's been upset for a while now.

Posted:

• Deceptively ShortDeceptively Short Members  581WRX Points: 132Posts: 581 Golden Tee

Not every suggestion of a possible rules change is condemned immediately in this thread.

I have twice suggested ‘advice’ as a rule that is often broken unknowingly, difficult to define (see other threads where gurus differ) and something you can buy better by employing a caddy but no one has come out against it...........yet.

Posted:
  • sui generissui generis Members  4515WRX Points: 822Posts: 4,515 Titanium Tees

You don't need to "make a point." Your "point" has been clear for years.

Posted:
    Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.
  • sui generissui generis Members  4515WRX Points: 822Posts: 4,515 Titanium Tees

Here's Rule to change. Over the winter our super had a project to refurbish our tee markers. His process was to take in one of each pair at a time. That felt awkward, of course. Then it occurred to me that if the Rule defined the teeing area as a two club-length radius, from a single tee marker, all we'd ever need is one instead of two. The savings could buy cat food for the maintenance shed's cat for a year. (Next year might be a little thin for the cat, however.)

Posted:
    Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

Advertisement
  • ShilgyShilgy PhoenixMembers  12623WRX Points: 1,626Handicap: 3.8Posts: 12,623 Titanium Tees

But if you only had one marker for each tee how would they ever get refurbished? :)

Posted:
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

• HatsForBatsHatsForBats Members  2010WRX Points: 279Handicap: 7Posts: 2,010 Platinum Tees

The definition of a divot (both the piece of turf taken out and the hole left behind) has been defined for them multiple times. Their real issue, in the discussion, is with the determination if the 'hole' an individual ball sits in is in fact a divot hole. Or perhaps the real issue is that they need to be right no matter what even after they have been provided the answer that they say can't be provided.

Posted:
  • The GeneralThe General Members  1783WRX Points: 170Handicap: 2Posts: 1,783 Platinum Tees

Enough to where it needs to be changed.

Which rule is more unfair?

Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

Unfair?

Having the players all come to a consensus on whether a ball is really in a divot hole is un-rule-like. (I'm making up words...but what I mean is this...the rules of golf are not enforced by group consensus). And unfair, since there would be bias based on who you are playing with.

Some have proposed the following definition of a divot: You know it when you see it. That isn't very rule-like.

Moving every ball in the fairway to a better spot is un-golf-like. This is the solution that many have given for a new divot rule. Lift-clean-place, all the time.

Posted:
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21669WRX Points: 5,671Posts: 21,669 ClubWRX
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.