What is it like to play golf in college?
Lots of discussion about what it takes to play at the college level, but what is it actually like?
Would be great if someone with experience and knowledge could provide some insight:
1) What kind of schedule does a student-athlete keep each day and during the week with respect to required practices and workouts?
2) What does a weekly schedule look like when there are tournaments (including travel)?
3) What are the number of hours/week commitment for #1 and 2?
4) How hard is it to balance academics and social life?
5) How difficult is it to have a tough major (e.g. pre-med, engineering)?
6) What do students do during the summer, specifically if they are pursuing an occupation where an internship is suggested or required to get a job after graduation?
7) What are the most important things to be considered from a golfing perspective when picking a program? I.e. coach vs team rank vs practice facilities vs home course vs teammates vs reputation of program?
8) Any schools with particularly strong alumni relationship among former golfers?