Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

The New Ventus Black

mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit this thing yesterday..... absolutely AWESOME. It's very low launching and boring (in a good way). Far from boardy though. I hit it in to a staunch wind (and went to the other side of the range and hit it down wind as well). It feels phenomenal and the outdoor Trackman numbers were fantastic. This thing is going straight in the bag, zero questions asked. I also found pulls to be very sedated (didn't snap but more just veered left). This may sound bizarre but despite this being it's maiden voyage, I felt like I have gamed this thing forever. The blue Ventus just launched a bit high for me with my upward AoA. This one has not. I haven't been this excited about gaming a shaft in a long time. The blue is taking over the tour and tons of guys I play with are in love..... I think the black is right behind it....my guess is this thing will be everywhere once the tour really picks up in 2020.

Comments

• jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 428 ClubWRX

Really interested in this shaft. I've been looking for a soft mid, stiff butt/tip profile that also doesn't launch and spin through the roof. Would you say it's a stiffer tipped version of the blue or does it perform or feel significantly different?

• mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 29, 2019 4:24pm #3

The Ventus blue has an EXTREMELY stiff tip. In fact, don't quote me on it but the blue and the back may have the same tip. The blue has a tip that is as stiff as any shaft Fuji has ever released. My good friend, JD, is very close with those guys at Fuji so I've learned a lot about the shaft and the amazing Velocore aspect of them.
    I have the blue in my 3w and when you "flex" the bottom of the shaft it's incredibly stiff and stable. I doesn't move, literally. I am sure the black is the same....
    Performance the black launches significantly lower for ME. Although, I know a lot of low/low tour guys are gaming the blue (e.g., JB Holmes). So, don't go off me :).....
    Bottom line, I think both have very stiff tips (possibly the same stiffness) but the butt of the black is stiffer. I know Marshall from Fuji did an interview when the blue came out and mentioned what the general profile of the black and red would be when they released....I just can't find the article. I think it was with PGATOUR.com

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    The Ventus blue has an EXTREMELY stiff tip. In fact, don't quote me on it but the blue and the back may have the same tip. The blue has a tip that is as stiff as any shaft Fuji has ever released. My good friend, JD, is very close with those guys at Fuji so I've learned a lot about the shaft and the amazing Velocore aspect of them.
    I have the blue in my 3w and when you "flex" the bottom of the shaft it's incredibly stiff and stable. I doesn't move, literally. I am sure the black is the same....
    Performance the black launches significantly lower for ME. Although, I know a lot of low/low tour guys are gaming the blue (e.g., JB Holmes). So, don't go off me :).....
    Bottom line, I think both have very stiff tips (possibly the same stiffness) but the butt of the black is stiffer. I know Marshall from Fuji did an interview when the blue came out and mentioned what the general profile of the black and red would be when they released....I just can't find the article. I think it was with PGATOUR.com

The blue and black are both very stiff, but it is not the same. The Black is stiffer. If you look at raw uncut shafts, the ID of the black is much smaller with thicker walls then the blue. The blue is a great shaft. I love it, I want to try the black though, just because.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
    edited Aug 29, 2019 8:02pm #5

Good to know! It’s an awesome shaft....I'm pretty geeked about it.

Post edited by mjbaker80 on
  • ForTourUseOnlyForTourUseOnly 009M SSS WeldNeck Members Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Giving this a test tomorrow. Think it could be a very nice option if it feels anything like the blue and is a little lower.

Titleist TS3 8.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90 TX
    Titleist U·500 3i w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX
    Titleist CNCPT CP-02 4i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold TI X100
    Vokey BV HandGround SM7 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M w/ DG TI
    Scotty Cameron Roundback Select Tour Black 2.5 Weld Neck
    WITB Link
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t wait to give this shaft a try. I’m pretty positive that I’m going to get an M6 3w with the blue ventus and I have a feeling this monster would pair amazing with an M6 10.5

WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant

The blue is an amazing 3w shaft. For me, my 3w is all about control; I don’t need to hit it 280. I hit frozen ropes with the blue.

• mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    The blue is an amazing 3w shaft. For me, my 3w is all about control; I don’t need to hit it 280. I hit frozen ropes with the blue.

I can’t agree more! I’ll take a straight/cut all day

WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
    edited Aug 30, 2019 9:54pm #10

So....the shaft is INSANE. I just shot my round of the summer today and missed ONE fairway with it. On at least three occasion I made a move that is a typical big miss for me, I look up expecting to watch a big miss only to see the ball sailing down the left side with a muted cut. This Velocore deal is no joke. It’s not short either. Complete command of the ball and plenty of speed. It’s almost like the ball isn’t there with how stable the tip is; pretty cool.

• SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    So....the shaft is INSANE. I just shot my round of the summer today and missed ONE fairway with it. On at least three occasion I made a move that is a typical big miss for me, I look up expecting to watch a big miss only to see the ball sailing down the left side with a muted cut. This Velocore deal is no joke. It’s not short either. Complete command of the ball and plenty of speed. It’s almost like the ball isn’t there with how stable the tip is; pretty cool.

That sounds great! Didn’t really get along with the original blue, but love Fuji and the black seems right up my alley.

Taylormade M5 10.5* - PX HC HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade M5 3W 15* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 8 TX
    Taylormade RSI TP 3-PW - KBS Tour 130 X
    Vokey SM7 - 50* 54* 60* - DG S400
    Taylormade - Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X Ball

I didn’t either. It launched too high for me. Black is unreal....apex is like 100-115 feet. Perfect

• budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:

What was your previous shaft and how did you tip the Ventus compared?

Coming from T1100 60 6.5 X untipped and a Smoke green 60 TX untipped. Did not tip VENTUS. The tip is the stiffest part of the shaft.... so, some might say that actually makes it softer... but, conflicting options there

• budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    Coming from T1100 60 6.5 X untipped and a Smoke green 60 TX untipped. Did not tip VENTUS. The tip is the stiffest part of the shaft.... so, some might say that actually makes it softer... but, conflicting options there

So compared to the smoke green 60TX how does it feel/launch/spin? Is it the 6X as well?

Yes, the VENTUS black is 6X as well. The smoke green is solid but I think the black flights a little lower for me. The agreement tends to feel a little more lively down at the tip. Granted, I’ve only had the VB in play for days but the misses were significantly better. The launch and spin were pretty close I believe. But? The VENTUS has a lot less movement on the ball after impact. I think the MOI thing is the real deal. My misses are significantly better with it

• MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 Members Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Still a softer butt on the Black??

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

I think so yes.... I know for a fact that months ago in Feb Marshall talked about the upcoming red and black in an article... he said generally what the profile was for each....strangely I either can’t find the article or the redacted it so as to not confuse people. But, I’m sure Fuji will pop in here soon with full descriptions for each. I mean, they’re all officially out come 9/3, so, we should have EI profiles, etc.

• SnaxSnax Members Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited Sep 1, 2019 11:12pm #19

Does anyone know how the Ventus Black would compare/contrast to the Atmos Black TS?

Post edited by Snax on
  • They're up on the Fujikura website with all the specs including tip and butt flex numbers.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Snax said:
    Does anyone know how the Ventus Black would compare/contrast to the Atmos Black TS?

Bump, also interested.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 15° | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    5wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 18° (T.I. small head 19°)| Matrix 8Q3 Red Tie
    Irons: Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4 iron | Recoil 95 / FG Tour V6 raw 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

7X on the way!!!! Hoping for a little help with my left miss. Coming from Hzrdus yellow 76

Taylormade M5 10.5* - PX HC HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade M5 3W 15* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 8 TX
    Taylormade RSI TP 3-PW - KBS Tour 130 X
    Vokey SM7 - 50* 54* 60* - DG S400
    Taylormade - Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X Ball

• chriswchrisw Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

+1 on this. Would love to know anyone who’s hit both the Ventus black and atmos black. > @Snax said:

edited Sep 5, 2019 2:50am #25

I have the Atmos black 6X tipped 1/2 inch. The Atmos is a more piercing trajectory for sure but that’s likely due to tipping. The VENTUS feels less boardy and again is just super forgiving on bad swings. It’s almost bizarre.

• MabyboiMabyboi Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have info on the Ventus black vs the Tensei CK Pro White?

• Smitty120Smitty120 MDMembers Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 5, 2019 12:29pm #27

@Mabyboi said:

I would wager the feel is similar. Ventus 7X is same weight as PW 70TX. Interested to hear or see comparison numbers.

Fujikura has some mistypes on the Spec sheet for the Ventus. Sure they will fix that.

• Epic Flash SZ Triple - Accra TZ5 65 M5
    • Epic Flash 15* - Tensei White 70TX
    • Callaway 18' UT 20* - ADDI 95X
    • Callaway Apex Pro DOT 4iron - Tour X100
    • Callaway 18' MB 5-PW - Tour X100
    • Callaway MD4 Raw 52&58 - Tour S400
    • Toulon Garage Atlanta Stroke Lab
    • 19' TP5
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭

@Smitty120 said:

@Mabyboi said:

I would wager the feel is similar. Ventus 7X is same weight as PW 70TX. Interested to hear or see comparison numbers.

Fujikura has some mistypes on the Spec sheet for the Ventus. Sure they will fix that.

specs are updated, apologies for that. We just launched our new website and hit a few potholes on the final stretch.

• MabyboiMabyboi Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

@Fujikura Golf said:

@Smitty120 said:

@Mabyboi said:

specs are updated, apologies for that. We just launched our new website and hit a few potholes on the final stretch.

It happens!

Would you be able to give some input on Ventus black 7X vs Tensei CK Pro white 70TX?

I’m SUPER eager to try out a Ventus, I’ve been in every raffle I could find for one (a lot from GolfHolics) unfortunately I don’t have any luck with winning!

• RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,717 ClubWRX

@Fujikura Golf said:

@Smitty120 said:

@Mabyboi said:

This site knows nothing of new website potholes.....

• TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

How would the Ventus Black compare to the Atmos Black from a launch/spin standpoint? Looks to be pretty similar?

TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights