Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

The New Ventus Black

Comments

• mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my experience the Atmos B is lower but again, it’s tipped. The VENTUS black is by no means high launching though

• 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, thought this was going to be more shaft than the TR line but what you described sounds very enticing.

I’ll be honest, I’m a driver shaft junkie. I’ve now played three rounds with this and it may never leave my bag.

• Kovey10Kovey10 Antioch, ILMembers Posts: 29 ✭✭

I need one of these in my bag ASAP...if anyone can help, PM me.

@Kovey10 said:
    I need one of these in my bag ASAP...if anyone can help, PM me.

Call JDs Clubs and tell him Baker sent you!

• chriswchrisw Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    In my experience the Atmos B is lower but again, it’s tipped. The VENTUS black is by no means high launching though

Have you ever hit a GD tour ad gp? That’s probably more mid launch low spin. But I currently play that in a 6X, wondering how that compares to the new ventus

• Speeder617Speeder617 ClubWRX Posts: 477 ClubWRX

Just hit the black 6x and it's staying in the bag. Everything else felt similar to the blue but definitely lower ball flight.

@chrisw said:

@mjbaker80 said:

Have you ever hit a GD tour ad gp? That’s probably more mid launch low spin. But I currently play that in a 6X, wondering how that compares to the new ventus

I’ve only swung the GP a few times so I can’t really say sorry!

• jeffreyjenkinsjeffreyjenkins Members Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭

I want a good comparison between the Ventus Black and the new GD Tour AD XC .... if anybody has hit both of these, let me know

TM M4 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 60X
    TM M6 15 Project X Even Flow Black 75 6.5X
    TM M4 Hybrid 19 KBS Tour Prototype Graphite 95X
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-9 TT S-400
    Titleist SM7 Raw 46.10, 50.08, 54.10, 60.10 TT S-400
    TM TP Collection Ardmore 2
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,863 ClubWRX

@mjbaker80 said:
    I’ll be honest, I’m a driver shaft junkie. I’ve now played three rounds with this and it may never leave my bag.

Same. The Ventus is just so good. I'm using the blue and I can't think of a reason to try anything else which NEVER happens to me.

M6 9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  HZRDUS Red 85
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    custom putter

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Blue launched a little too high. Black sounds like it might be perfect. Wish I never opened this thread!

Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • EricgmciEricgmci Members Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭

Just got the new Ventus black 6x. Really knocked the flight down on g410+. Was playing a tour advr 7x. The black is great, was a little worried it would be boardy but is really smooth! Looking forward to finishing the fall out with this combo.

• EricgmciEricgmci Members Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭

Quick round this morning and it does not go left, a very welcome sign to my usual big miss!

• gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone compare the black to the DF or Pro Orange?

For me it’s the antithesis of the TPO. I have never hit a shaft longer but it was wild and hard to tame which happens with counter balancing. The TPO was the wildest shaft I’ve gamed in past 3 years. VB is far and away the most stable. I’m starting to see the VBs horsepower too. I had two drives yesterday that were stupid long.

• mjmurphymjmurphy Members Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

Anyone compared it to the Fuji TR.

• SMUGamerSMUGamer Members Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mjmurphy said:
    Anyone compared it to the Fuji TR.

I’d like to know the same.

• belephantbelephant Members Posts: 35 ✭✭

Very intriguing. Happy with my TZ6, but I might just have to try this. Generally love Fuji shafts

PING G400 LST 8.5° | Accra TZ6 65 M5
    TaylorMade M3 15° | Atmos TS Blue 8X
    TaylorMade TP UDI 2i | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
    Titleist 818 H2 23° | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-P | Modus3 120TX
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 52°, 58° | Modus3 120X
    Bettinardi Tour Minovai
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone compare this the HZRDUS Black, or Synergy Black? Synergy Black is longer for me but not quite as point and shoot as the HZRDUS Black. Wondering if this is the best of both worlds.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

@MrFlapjack said:
    Can anyone compare this the HZRDUS Black, or Synergy Black? Synergy Black is longer for me but not quite as point and shoot as the HZRDUS Black. Wondering if this is the best of both worlds.

Have one round and a practice session with the Ventus Black 6X. Coming from the Smoke Green “Hulk” 70 6.5TX untipped, decided on the Ventus Black 6X tipped 1”. To my surprise it actually feels a little stiffer and more stout to me than the Hulk does. It seems to launch lower and spin slightly less than the Hulk and feels very tight. Haven’t been on a launch monitor to compare but so far it’s passing the eye test for what I wanted. It’s much tighter and stout feeling than the Synergy black and more similar in feel to the HZRDUS Black or Smoke Green. This shaft does not want to go left from what I’ve seen and definitely delivers on the lower launch and spin with a very stiff feeling handle and uniform feel which is what I prefer. Still getting used to it but so far so good.

• BetterAtBingoBetterAtBingo Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

Have any of you played the EF Black and the Ventus Black?

• Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BetterAtBingo said:

Would like some input here as well as I currently have EF black and was thinking the Ventus black would be a great upgrade

• CirclesCircles Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

@BetterAtBingo said:

I am interested in this comparison as well.

• coopizzezcoopizzez Members Posts: 216 ✭✭✭

So I’m still in the honeymoon phase as I don’t have a ton of time with this shaft, but my first impressions are fabulous with the black 6x. I have worked hard on my tee ball and game a Diamana DF in a TS3, which I love. I have a Ventus blue 6x that I can groove on the range, but it just hasn’t translated to the course. I game a Ventus blue 7x in my 3 wood - it’s perfect fit for me.

All I can say is the black is awesome. Great feel, low spin, hard to hit left. I hope the honeymoon continues as this will give a DF a run for its money.

• Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, to answer a few of your questions about how VB compares,
    Ventus Black and Atmos Tour Spec Black will have similar launch + spins. With lower Torque mixed with Velocore Technology Ventus reduces the clubhead from twisting through impact. Centerness of contact and less twist will eliminate gear effect and the ball will fly straighter, not to mention improved ball speed. TR has a much softer tip and higher torque. Due to the increased stiffness in the midsection TR will allow launch to be similar to Atmos Black + Ventus Black but spin will be slightly higher.

Let us know if that helps clarify and if you have any further questions. Thanks for all of the feedback on VB so far and glad to hear it's working well for those who have tried it. We are sending out 5 shafts to the lucky few who were selected for the testing so those should be live soon, stay tuned.

• Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fujikura Golf said:
    Hi guys, to answer a few of your questions about how VB compares,
    Ventus Black and Atmos Tour Spec Black will have similar launch + spins. With lower Torque mixed with Velocore Technology Ventus reduces the clubhead from twisting through impact. Centerness of contact and less twist will eliminate gear effect and the ball will fly straighter, not to mention improved ball speed. TR has a much softer tip and higher torque. Due to the increased stiffness in the midsection TR will allow launch to be similar to Atmos Black + Ventus Black but spin will be slightly higher.

Let us know if that helps clarify and if you have any further questions. Thanks for all of the feedback on VB so far and glad to hear it's working well for those who have tried it. We are sending out 5 shafts to the lucky few who were selected for the testing so those should be live soon, stay tuned.

Pick me! Pick me! Seriously either way I think I’m sold on the Ventus black, will be getting one soon but would be sick to be selected to win one as well!

• cj4501cj4501 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    Yes, the VENTUS black is 6X as well. The smoke green is solid but I think the black flights a little lower for me. The agreement tends to feel a little more lively down at the tip. Granted, I’ve only had the VB in play for days but the misses were significantly better. The launch and spin were pretty close I believe. But? The VENTUS has a lot less movement on the ball after impact. I think the MOI thing is the real deal. My misses are significantly better with it

Significantly better misses sounds right up my alley. I have a negative AoA and play atmos black ts 6s right now, would black launch to low for ME u think? Was going to try a blue but a stiffer tip to take my hook out sounds beautiful

Hard to say but if you’re in an Atmos black the blue might launch a bit high for you. Atmos black is the lowest launch and spinning on Fuji’s entire shaft chart. I would be shocked if you found the VENTUS black to be too much shaft so long as the right weight and flex. I played in a misty cold rain today and never fought it for a minute.

• cj4501cj4501 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mjbaker80 said:
    Hard to say but if you’re in an Atmos black the blue might launch a bit high for you. Atmos black is the lowest launch and spinning on Fuji’s entire shaft chart. I would be shocked if you found the VENTUS black to be too much shaft so long as the right weight and flex. I played in a misty cold rain today and never fought it for a minute.

Interesting, I figured ventus black would launch lower than atmos. Thanks for info!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file