GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Ebay golf grips

phillitup ·  
phillitupphillitup Members  11WRX Points: 9Handicap: HighPosts: 11 Bunkers

I'm looking at some Golf Pride Multi Compound MCC Plus 4 ALIGN Standard size Grips on Ebay selling for 22 bucks shipped. Seems too good to be true but the seller has 100 percent positive feedback with over 700 reviews. Are these likely to be fakes or just a really good deal?

Posted:

Comments

• phillitupphillitup Members  11WRX Points: 9Handicap: HighPosts: 11 Bunkers

No guarantee these are the grips the seller is actually shipping but here a picture from the listing in case it helps.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jli2636jli2636 Members  1092WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,092 Platinum Tees

Never buy grips off eBay except through authorized retailers.

Posted:
  • dpolendpolen MinnesotaMembers  29WRX Points: 50Handicap: 3Posts: 29 Bunkers

The fakes scare me...$22 is just too good to be true. I just picked up some on Amazon for $9.12/grip without the align...I thought that was a pretty decent deal with free shipping from Prime.

Posted:
  • Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX  2251WRX Points: 280Posts: 2,251 ClubWRX

Amazon is littered with fakes as well. Returns are far easier on Amazon though.

Posted:
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Trident/Lowcountry areaMembers  427WRX Points: 175Handicap: ManyPosts: 427 Greens

Im realy glad yall have this post going. I just saw some Iomic stickies pop up in my ebay suggestions $28 for 10 grips. The seller has great feedback but dont those grips usually go for $12/ea? Seems too good to be true. Ive always wanted to try those grips too.

Posted:
  • Oett11Oett11 Columbia MoMembers  155WRX Points: 44Handicap: 6.3Posts: 155 Fairways

I searched and looks like they're coming from china, would avoid.

Posted:

Taylormade SIm 9* RIPx 75 S tipped .75
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* Rogue White 70x
    Mizuno clk 19* Tensei Pro white 90
    Wilson Staff Model 4-pw X100 ss1
    Wilson Staff Model 50/56
    Odssey Stroke Lab #3 35

Advertisement
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6850WRX Points: 774Posts: 6,850 Titanium Tees

Just assume anything grip related on ebay is a fake.

Posted:
  • jkmacgurujkmacguru Golf the Northwest Lefty Boomers  395WRX Points: 114Posts: 395 Greens

The biggest problem with fakes is the weight is not consistent. There are some look-a-likes that are on amazon that I would try before the fakes. They might come from the same factory but I trust the consistency to be tighter. Wedge Guys comes to mind. I sell my fair share of clubs and would hate to put something on that was fake, so I only buy grips locally. Golf Galaxy/Dick's has price matched for me several times when there are sales at other reputable outlets.

Posted:
  • phillitupphillitup Members  11WRX Points: 9Handicap: HighPosts: 11 Bunkers

Good point about selling clubs I hadn't thought about. As a high handicapper I'll likely not notice much of a difference but would hate to sell some clubs that turn out to have clone grips on them.

Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5130WRX Points: 908Posts: 5,130 Titanium Tees

They are most likely fakes and most likely good grips well worth the money.

Posted:
  • Bad9Bad9 Members  4847WRX Points: 722Handicap: 9.2Posts: 4,847 Titanium Tees

On -, @phillitup said:

Good point about selling clubs I hadn't thought about. As a high handicapper I'll likely not notice much of a difference but would hate to sell some clubs that turn out to have clone grips on them.

In all honesty your handicap level has zero to do with noticing whether a grip is fake or whether you would feel a difference.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 6-U/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Advertisement
  • burritos4breakfastburritos4breakfast hawai'iMembers  325WRX Points: 109Posts: 325 Greens

I used to buy fake grips from aliexpress a lot and it was hit or miss. some batches would be seemingly identical to the real ones from the golf store and others would be tough to install, wear really quick and lose there tackiness super fast. it just wasnt worth it for me anymore so i stopped.

Posted:
  • gmangolfgmangolf Members  1597WRX Points: 137Handicap: 2.5Posts: 1,597 Platinum Tees

Grips are probably the one thing you can’t be ‘cheap’ on. It’s too risky.

Posted:
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  4056WRX Points: 1,044Posts: 4,056 Titanium Tees

On -, @jkmacguru said:

The biggest problem with fakes is the weight is not consistent. There are some look-a-likes that are on amazon that I would try before the fakes. They might come from the same factory but I trust the consistency to be tighter. Wedge Guys comes to mind. I sell my fair share of clubs and would hate to put something on that was fake, so I only buy grips locally. Golf Galaxy/Dick's has price matched for me several times when there are sales at other reputable outlets.

The biggest problem with fakes is that they are fake. I don't take any issue with people saying GP products are overpriced, whatever. But they are a legitimate company that deserves to have their trademarks, patents and copyrights protected as much as anybody else. Companies like GolfWorks have sales all the time where you can save some money. If you regrip once a year you can stock up or time it so that you regrip around the times they have these sales.

Posted:
    W/S Cortex 10.5*
    Cally X-Hot 15*
    W/S C300 20*/23*
    W/S Staff Model 5-P
    W/S Staff Model 52/56/60
    TM TP Juno
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members  697WRX Points: 88Posts: 697 Golden Tee

I have bought Lamkin UTX grips for a great price off Diamond Tour Golf on eBay ... any reason to think they are fakes?

Posted:
    • Cobra Speedzone 9* (tour length) w/ VA Shafts Nemesys 65 (45" @ D3)
    • Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S
    • Cobra F7 Hybrid 2-3 w/ Ozik Matrix Red Tie 85S
    • Taylormade GAPR Mid 3 @ 19.5* - UST Addas 80g
    • Taylormade 2019 P790 5-GW w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    • Vokey SM6 F-grind 54*
    • Ping Glide Forged 58*
    • LAB Directed Force Reno 2.1 Armlock

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4771WRX Points: 1,779Posts: 4,771 Titanium Tees

On -, @Qwiklap said:

I have bought Lamkin UTX grips for a great price off Diamond Tour Golf on eBay ... any reason to think they are fakes?

No. DTG is one of the few places that's trustworthy to buy grips from on Ebay. You can also get some great deals on their website. DTG also has a sister company, Hurricane Golf, that also sells on Ebay. DTG is more component oriented while Hurricane is their OEM side.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • malelee21malelee21 Members  1528WRX Points: 106Posts: 1,528 Platinum Tees

100% fake. Don’t ask me how I know. Will never buy them on ebay unless from authorized retailers.

Posted:
    Ping G SFT 10*
    Ping G400 SFT 3W
    Callaway XR16 5W
    Ping G 4H
    Cobra F7 EL 4i
    Ping G400 6-SW
    Ping Glide 2.0 60ES
    Cleveland TFI Eldorado 33”
  • malelee21malelee21 Members  1528WRX Points: 106Posts: 1,528 Platinum Tees

If you suspect grips are fake, please report the item to ebay. There are many GP MCC grips listed that are too good to be authentic (13 for $55 shipped).

Posted:
    Ping G SFT 10*
    Ping G400 SFT 3W
    Callaway XR16 5W
    Ping G 4H
    Cobra F7 EL 4i
    Ping G400 6-SW
    Ping Glide 2.0 60ES
    Cleveland TFI Eldorado 33”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.