cameron collector forum

adamsstaff ·  
adamsstaffadamsstaff Members  356WRX Points: 91Posts: 356 Greens

Anyone have a clue what happened to the site? Its been down for 3 weeks. Hope they weren't hacked. This seems more than just maintenance.

Posted:

Comments

• joedalton5joedalton5 Members  55WRX Points: 106Posts: 55 Bunkers

On -, @adamsstaff said:

Anyone have a clue what happened to the site? Its been down for 3 weeks. Hope they weren't hacked. This seems more than just maintenance.

Already a few threads about it. But seems like no one knows what’s going on.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1786775/cameron-collector-website#latest

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/899939/cameron-collector-site-registration#latest

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kopykatkopykat Hacker Members  15WRX Points: 22Posts: 15 Bunkers

bumping this because is anybody else getting messages when you log in that you've been banned? even guests have been banned. 😮

edit: never mind. I can log in with Safari and Firefox and also can log in from my work laptop. still weird though.

Posted:
    Post edited by kopykat on
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5451WRX Points: 1,155Posts: 5,451 ClubWRX

I can't sign in. I was banned back in 2007

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

• tangojaytangojay Members  1068WRX Points: 191Posts: 1,068 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

• RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5451WRX Points: 1,155Posts: 5,451 ClubWRX
    Posted:

Posted:

Advertisement
  • poppman2142poppman2142 Members  1244WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,244 Platinum Tees

I have been on there daily with no issues.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* with Tensei Pro White 60 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Titleist TS4 10.5* with GD XC6 stiff tipped 1/2" 
    Titleist TS2 16.5* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1"
    Titleist TS2 hybrid 19* with Tensei Pro White 90 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Titleist 680 MB 4-9 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
    Vokey SM7 46,50,55,60 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
    Yes C Groove Callie tour issue Badds prototype long neck
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag

During my time there I befriended several prominent members, Vog, Doug, several moderators. They were all kind to me as I began learning more about Cameron putters than I already knew, which wasn’t much. Then the great rift happened. I joined PT because I thought it was great to talk about other putters other than Camerons. I learned some inside stuff and became disenchanted with the whole mess. There was a post regarding the Black Pearl and Black Pearl Mist finish and whether it was possible to get that from the Studio. At that time Cameron stopped that PVD finish but I knew Byron Morgan was having some putters finished this way. Not sure who the company was who did that finish but I suspect I know. I’m sure the working relationship between Cameron and the unknown company had soured so the finish is now not available. I was warned and scolded by one of the moderators like a child, which really sat poorly with me. At that point I had enough of TCC. Then there was a thread about what the next “Inspired by” putter should be. I posted “Inspired by TP Mills” and got myself an immediate ban. No time out. Just permanent exile. Frankly I don’t miss the site. I do miss PT because of the wealth of putter information and the contributions of several designers, notably Byron Morgan and David Mills.

Posted:

• GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2045WRX Points: 1,447Posts: 2,045 Platinum Tees

Does anyone know of other websites/discussion boards that represent a major consumer brand that won't allow people to see their message board unless you're already a member? How does that help grow the brand? Simply incredible. And I say that as someone who plays with a Cameron putter.

Posted:
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire IFYDKMIGTHTKYMembers  380WRX Points: 146Posts: 380 Greens

Scotty doesn't need help from that board to grow the brand. It's basically a private place for people to talk only about Cameron stuff.

Posted:

TM M5 - HZRDUS Smoke Green
    TM M2 3W - 15* - Aldila 125 MST 60
    TM Rescue 2 - 16* - LM stiff
    TM P790 4-PW C-Taper 120S
    TM MG - 54/58
    BM No 2 - Not Made for the Tour

But that board significantly helped the collectors market explode in the mid 2000s. If it weren't for TCC most Cameron users would not know anything about the 009 and other custom made putters. IMO Cameron owes a HUGE thank you to Doug for creating the site and nurturing it in the early days.

That being said, if the people who own TCC (Rand?) do not want their content to be shown to non-members of the site then so be it. To each their own.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire IFYDKMIGTHTKYMembers  380WRX Points: 146Posts: 380 Greens

Maybe I should've said he doesn't need it to help him anymore.

Posted:

TM MG - 54/58

Not at all. I believe the name "Scotty Cameron" is well entrenched in the Golf marketplace by now. Just a hunch! 😉

Cheers!

Posted:

TCC seems cool sometimes but other times it seems like they only talk about the good ole days and how the forum used to be.

Posted:

TM MG - 54/58

I joined around 2004, back then some talk of other brands and/or putter maker was allowed, some ribbing was done. the now infamous Phantom of the Opera release video was posted there. But like RoboDoctor said, it's their site, the should run it as they seem fit.

Posted:

I totally disagree. Scotty Cameron/Titleist always has an interest in building interest in their brand. Taking your popularity for granted is how companies lose market share in the long run.

Posted:

Advertisement

Actually FILA owns  Acushnet Golf Company comprising Titleist, who owns the Scotty Cameron Putters brand (just in case you didn't know it, if Don T. Cameron were to go on his own again, he can't use his name on the putters) and Footjoy make more money off golf balls and apparel.

IMHO Tiger Woods is responsible for Cameron to gain all the popularity with his putters, the TCC website can close tomorrow and Cameron will still have a following. Had Tiger continued using an Anser 2 who knows what would have happened.

Posted:

********** STUPID SERIOUS QUESTION WARNING **********

Who stamps and shapes the Cameron Boutique 2K and up line?

Posted:

Posted:

I'm aware of all of that. I guarantee you Scotty has bonus incentives based on sales of the OTR line so he should care how his brand is being represented.

I'm the general counsel for a privately held media company and I know some things about branding. I would love to sit down with Scotty some day and let him know how badly his brand is being mangled by the clowns at TCC.

Posted:
  • golfluvzmegolfluvzme Members  2747WRX Points: 254Posts: 2,747 Titanium Tees

Wait, so you guys have only been banned ONCE? Ha! I've managed to make that happen three times. Does that make me the Champ, 😉? The Phantom of the Opera video was so funny that I couldn't make it thru the whole thing. Then, they went and pulled it from all sources. Bummer.

I loved looking at pix of the old stuff, from his early days. It was cool to see putters that he may have actually stamped himself, especially when I was just getting into the world of putters. Am I the only one who looks at the "Unfinished Handmades" and wonders "What the heck are these guys drinking?" They are blocks of steel with a name stamped on them and some Sharpie. If you are actually MAKING handmade putters, that is a VERY LONG way from being anything you could call a putter. Heck, if all I had to do was weld a neck on and hit it with some scribble, I'd be rolling in the dough.

Hey, this might actually get me that fourth ban......................would that equate to a Scotty Cameron Ban Slam?

All of this was said with tongue in cheek, for the most part. Without the markets that Scotty pushed or flat-out created, the putter scene would look totally different. Headcovers? NOBODY actually used them before Scotty managed to make it cool. Tad Moore putters from Maxfli came with the covers, before Scotty, but they were simple and clean. Nothing collectible there. Yes, the putter guys of today owe Scotty a debt. It is far less than the grandios legends tend to imply, but the respect has to be recognized. Thanks, Scotty for seeing something bigger than was there when you arrived and for finding a way to bring it to the masses.

Just one Mann's opinion,

LaMont in AZ

Posted:

Advertisement
  • golfluvzmegolfluvzme Members  2747WRX Points: 254Posts: 2,747 Titanium Tees

I've heard that he just leaves the raw heads on the bench and elves come in at night.................possibly from the Keebler Union.

LaMont in AZ🕵️

Posted:
  • MedsonMedson Members  2642WRX Points: 272Posts: 2,642 Titanium Tees

Oh yeah. That Phantom of the Opera video was something. I believe it is from one of events in Japan, right? I think it is the event Scotty introduced the material that was used to make Samurai swords.

Frankly, I think a lot of things in Japan are over the top. Maybe it is more to do with Japanese culture or marketing in Japan.

Posted:
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1302WRX Points: 542Posts: 1,302 Platinum Tees

Hold up so Scotty would sell unfinished putters to where they're not even really a putter and people were going gaga over them?

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Alta CB 70R
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Balls: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,, no, you have to get banned from PT AND here to complete the grand slam

Posted:

Can't get banned from PT anymore. Unless we're all technically banned so grand slam achieved.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.

Instagram:

Advertisement

Then he needs to get banned from here, even if just temporary !!

Posted:

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty

Instagram:
    Posted:

Advertisement

LaMont, you sir are a master in Cameron banishment!!! 😂🤣😂

You're right in that Cameron opened the floodgates to the head over craze and the handmades. While I believe that TP Mills was the true pioneer in the milled handmade putters and there were other terrific boutique putter makers (John Byron comes to mind), Cameron brought it to the mainstream. Yes, a handmade Cameron putter with a welded neck and stamping that Cameron and maybe the buyer collaborate on was new and uncharted territory in the putter market. Cameron had a vision and his marketing ability created a huge segment.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.