***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Shot even par today

LHGolf4 ·  
LHGolf4LHGolf4 Lefty Boomers  575WRX Points: 203Posts: 575 Golden Tee

I know for some this is a regular accomplishment, but after playing golf for 27 years (with some breaks here and there) I finally put together an even par round of 6 birdies, 6 bogeys, and 6 pars. I am around a 9 handicap at the moment and have had a few close calls over the years including a 77 last year where I was striking the ball amazing that day but could not putt to save my life.

I love playing golf, but today’s round brought me an incredible amount of joy and a little relief to know I can do it (especially after opening with 3 bogeys). Fortunately I played with a couple of my regular golfing buddies who saw it much to their amazement. I really just wanted to share this with the GolfWRX community as this is a day I have waited for a long time. Now if I can just get a hole in one.

Posted:

Comments

• McgeenoMcgeeno Members  2248WRX Points: 334Handicap: 1.9Posts: 2,248 Platinum Tees

Nice job buddy!

That is not a regular accomplishment at all. You don't dork your way to even par.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4374WRX Points: 390Posts: 4,374 Titanium Tees

Congratulation ! Certainly , you had reached a mile stone for a golfer.
    Now put this in your mind. Ben Hogan said this one time, "There is no reason why one could not birdie every hole". . Certainly no one had reached this level to my knowledge, but it'll be a positive thought to work on. And theoretically, Ben Hogan is correct, there is no reason we could not birdie every hole.
    If you have been given it a good chance to birdie every hole, then you could certainly have a great chance to go under par, even with the misses.

Posted:
  • MarkinTN1MarkinTN1 Members  225WRX Points: 63Posts: 225 Fairways

Congrats! quite an accomplishment. The thing I finds interesting (and some hope in) is the 6 bogeys. You didn't let them shake you, you didn't let them ruin your day, you moved on. I need to learn how to do that.

Posted:
  • SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE OhioMembers  3539WRX Points: 942Handicap: 2.9Posts: 3,539 Titanium Tees

Grats. Have you ever hit par or better just playing 9 holes before? It took me 3-4 years of shooting par or better in my 9-hole leagues before finally shooting even par for 18 this year.

Posted:
    2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind
  • LHGolf4LHGolf4 Lefty Boomers  575WRX Points: 203Posts: 575 Golden Tee

On -, @MarkinTN1 said:

Congrats! quite an accomplishment. The thing I finds interesting (and some hope in) is the 6 bogeys. You didn't let them shake you, you didn't let them ruin your day, you moved on. I need to learn how to do that.

I actually started +3 after 3 holes and really just wanted to keep the wheels from falling off. I hit a great second shot on a par 5 4th hole that gave me an eagle chip that I rolled up close enough for a tap in birdie that gave me some momentum and birdied the 6th hole so that got me almost back to even. I got hot on the back with 4 birdies so that gave me a bit of a cushion. I actually ditched my driver and played with a TaylorMade Original Mini and birdied 3 of the 4 Par 5’s that day because I kept it in the fairway.

On -, @SNIPERBBB said:

Grats. Have you ever hit par or better just playing 9 holes before? It took me 3-4 years of shooting par or better in my 9-hole leagues before finally shooting even par for 18 this year.

I shot -1 for 9 holes with my Dad once about 12 years ago ( I unfortunately started +4 on the front 9 that day). I have also had a good number of +1 or +2 9 hole scores usually accompanied by a much higher front or back 9.

Posted:
  • 3PuttHero3PuttHero Monroe, NYMembers  47WRX Points: 24Handicap: 6Posts: 47 Bunkers

Only 5% of golfers can break 80. Shooting 72 puts you into an elite category. Congratulations on the accomplishment.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DCSerafinDCSerafin Members  378WRX Points: 65Handicap: 3Posts: 378 Greens

Awesome job and impressive going -3 after the +3 start.

Posted:

On -, @3PuttHero said:

Only 5% of golfers can break 80. Shooting 72 puts you into an elite category. Congratulations on the accomplishment.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

On -, @DCSerafin said:

Awesome job and impressive going -3 after the +3 start.

Thanks, I honestly thought if I was ever going to shoot even par I would have to make mostly pars with just a couple bogeys/birdies because up until Friday 3 birdies was the most I had ever made in a round (and that only happened once).

Posted:
  • MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm MassachusettsMembers  1079WRX Points: 223Handicap: 2 (index = 2.3)Posts: 1,079 Platinum Tees

Even par for a 9-handicap is an amazing accomplishment. That’s probably more than 3 standard deviations below your mean score. Congratulations doesn’t say enough. Wow, yippee, oh my, hoo ha, spectacular!

Posted:
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3518WRX Points: 542Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,518 ClubWRX

Nicely done. Now that you’ve done it you know it’s possible. Make one more putt and you’ll be under.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX  2108WRX Points: 314Handicap: 17Posts: 2,108 ClubWRX

Mine and a lot of other peoples goal in golf, well done!! I wouldn't worry about going lower, just keep playing well.

Posted:

Ping Max 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    TM RBZ Hy 4,5,6
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    Mizuno SW 56*
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

Advertisement
  • cakes95cakes95 Members  1WRX Points: 6Posts: 1 Starters

Wow, congratulations! What an accomplishment. Wish I can hit like you someday.

Posted:
  • cb24cb24 Members  1716WRX Points: 126Handicap: 1Posts: 1,716 Platinum Tees

Noiiice! Very well done and exciting

Posted:

Thanks you for the words of encouragement. I am definitely looking forward to the next round.

Posted:
  • vollrathianvollrathian Members  179WRX Points: 74Posts: 179 Fairways

keep it going!

Posted:
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members  1320WRX Points: 211Handicap: It is ClimbingPosts: 1,320 Platinum Tees

Congrats! Some day I hope to come close...but as someone else said, it is no regular achievement!!!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11965WRX Points: 1,712Posts: 11,965 Titanium Tees

That's an awesome round.

For me (18 hcp) a round of even par is probably never going to happen but it's my dream accomplishment. Even for a 9 hcp that's gotta be like 99.9% as good as you can play! Six birdies, wow.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

On -, @North Butte said:

That's an awesome round.

For me (18 hcp) a round of even par is probably never going to happen but it's my dream accomplishment. Even for a 9 hcp that's gotta be like 99.9% as good as you can play! Six birdies, wow.

Other than two 3-putts I cannot think of any stupid shots I wasted. The other bogeys were just me playing to my handicap. So yeah that is about as good as it gets.

There are days I drive the ball well, or my chipping is phenomenal, irons are usually just ok and i just suck at putting most of the time. But I hit it close enough most of the day I didn't have many long putts.

Posted:
  • chal0072chal0072 Members  400WRX Points: 100Handicap: 6.2Posts: 400 Greens

Six birdies! Nicely done.

Posted:
    Cobra F9
    Ping G410 5W 17.5 
    Titleist 917 7W 21
    Taylormade M6 9W 24
    Callaway Apex 5h
    Fourteen TC788 6-PW
    Bettinardi 50
    Taylormade MG2 54, Hi-toe 58
    Toulon San Francisco Putter

• dcfasdcfas Capital Region, NY Members  1075WRX Points: 211Posts: 1,075 Platinum Tees

Congrats! I shot par in my league ending match last week, but that was on an easy course and only nine holes. Still, very satisfying. I actually think about low rounds as I fall asleep at night. Lol.

Posted:

Mixed bag includes TM, Mizuno, Ping, Cleveland, and Guerin Rife.

• Carson33Carson33 Members  538WRX Points: 134Handicap: +2Posts: 538 Golden Tee

Very well done! Now, next round, please have no expectations but have the confidence that you can do it again at any time.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM Max - 9* - Tour AD VR
    Taylormade SIM Max - 15* - Tour AD VR
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19* - Tour AD DI
    Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
    Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
    Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Concept 1 Masterful

Advertisement
  • Snowman9000Snowman9000 Members  1439WRX Points: 322Handicap: 10Posts: 1,439 Platinum Tees

Very nice, congrats! It'll be interesting to see how it affects your expectations in the near term.
    My best is 1 over par. For a while after that, my ordinary rounds were downers for me. A good problem to have, I suppose. :)

Posted:
    M4 Driver
    3, 5, & 7 Woods
    Hybrids have been banished
    4, 6-GW basic GI irons, weak lofts and +1/2" for more speed and launch
    56º, 62º Wedges
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini
  • raindawg1raindawg1 Members  84WRX Points: 62Handicap: 12Posts: 84 Fairways

Congrats! that's great to hear. I'm one of those low to mid 80's guys that thinks some day he could shoot even par if all the stars aligned just right. Heck, if I can get 8 or 9 pars a round why not 18...lol. The best I did was +1 for 9 holes..... Unfortunately that was after shooting 47 on the front nine.

Posted:

On -, @Carson33 said:

Very well done! Now, next round, please have no expectations but have the confidence that you can do it again at any time.

The next round was an 86. Different course with a lot more trees and much, much smaller greens. Definitely came back to reality. A few bad holes made the score look worse than it was.

Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8221WRX Points: 1,412Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,221 Titanium Tees

congrats!!! may the floodgates to lower scores open - it WILL happen again and soon.

Posted:

SIM / 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    SIM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• msgmsg Members  433WRX Points: 120Handicap: 8Posts: 433 Greens

Congrats! I was able to do the same twice. One in 2016 and one last year. Sadly, it seems like the season will end without me being able to do it. But it is one of the most amazing feeling ever after the round is over.

Posted:

Advertisement
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7461WRX Points: 463Handicap: 5Posts: 7,461 Titanium Tees

On -, @LHGolf4 said:

On -, @Carson33 said:

The next round was an 86. Different course with a lot more trees and much, much smaller greens. Definitely came back to reality. A few bad holes made the score look worse than it was.

I went 69/84 recently.....great job by you and keep it going!

Posted:
  • vbbvbb Members  1592WRX Points: 151Posts: 1,592 Platinum Tees

Great round, congrats! I was on the receiving end of a feat similar to yours. My longtime golf buddy who was also a 9 index around the time shot a 1 over par 73 on the first day of a golf trip we had put together for 8 of us total. My wallet got lighter that day.

Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 (#4) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3W stock (S) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3Hy stock (S) shaft
    JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 919 Hot Metal 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    MP-T4 52* & 54*
    Odyssey O-Works #7S
  • Twism86Twism86 Members  559WRX Points: 133Posts: 559 Golden Tee

Congrats!!! It will probably take me longer than 27 years!

Posted:
    TM AeroBurner 9.5*
    TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
    Odyssey White Hot RX #1
    A bunch of random wedges

Advertisement
  • jak77jak77 Members  121WRX Points: 32Posts: 121 Fairways

That’s awesome! Maybe in 27 years I’ll be able to post the same story haha.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.