GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Favorite tour player you don't see much of anymore

Comments

• BLF0901BLF0901 Unregistered  83WRX Points: 31Posts: 83 Fairways

Luke Donald

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6087WRX Points: 449Posts: 6,087 Titanium Tees

AK

Posted:
  • ChadwickogChadwickog Members  415WRX Points: 122Posts: 415 Greens

Hunter Mahan, Chris Kirk, Smylie, Jonas Blixt, Sangmoon Bae, Kevin Chappell

Posted:
  • Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members  185WRX Points: 76Handicap: 1Posts: 185 Fairways

Greg Norman
    Nick Faldo
    Ernie Els
    Nick Price
    Steve Elkington
    Stewart Appleby

Posted:
    Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1732WRX Points: 383Posts: 1,732 Platinum Tees

AK
    Duval

Posted:
  • cStylecStyle Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters

Hunter Mahan

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25491WRX Points: 2,692Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,491 ClubWRX

On -, @b.helts said:

Stuart Appleby. Loved his golf swing and approach to the game. Also enjoyed rooting for him after what happened with his wife. Seems a good guy.

SA was the pro at the drawings party before a BMW pro-am I played in. He took a shining to the beautiful lady I was with and openly hit on her, right in front of me. Now I'm a former fan of his.

Posted:
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1325WRX Points: 356Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

On -, @JD3 said:

Alvaro Quiros
    Remember when he was all the rage and assumed long drive heir? Haven't seen his name in a high profile tournie in years

Yeah, anyone know what happened? Injury, misguided swing change or just "golf is hard?"

Posted:
  • b.heltsb.helts Members  3243WRX Points: 735Posts: 3,243 Titanium Tees

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

On -, @b.helts said:

Stuart Appleby. Loved his golf swing and approach to the game. Also enjoyed rooting for him after what happened with his wife. Seems a good guy.

SA was the pro at the drawings party before a BMW pro-am I played in. He took a shining to the beautiful lady I was with and openly hit on her, right in front of me. Now I'm a former fan of his.

Sorry man. I had no idea.

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10615WRX Points: 3,737Handicap: 8Posts: 10,615 ClubWRX

Chi Chi. I am not sure there is a golfer out there that had as much fun as he did.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • dollerisdolleris Members  771WRX Points: 109Posts: 771 Golden Tee

Seve (quite a few others as well) - but he was special to watch :)

Posted:
    My bag
    PING G400 Max driver, G400 3 & 5 woods, G400 hybrid, Srixon Z565 5-PW, TM Milled Grind wedges, Yes Tracy III+ putter

Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25491WRX Points: 2,692Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,491 ClubWRX

On -, @b.helts said:

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

On -, @b.helts said:

Oh no worries...the irony is I was fan boi-ing him initially...then he took over! Gotta admit his hand action was pretty good if you know what I mean.

Posted:
  • CattyCatty AustraliaMembers  108WRX Points: 81Handicap: 6.3Posts: 108 Fairways

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

On -, @b.helts said:

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

On -, @b.helts said:

Oh no worries...the irony is I was fan boi-ing him initially...then he took over! Gotta admit his hand action was pretty good if you know what I mean.

So, how did he go in the end?

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist D905
    Titleist Tour Model 2 thru PW
    Titleist Vokey 52, 56
    Odessey
    [/font]
  • scottyc15scottyc15 HoustonMembers  107WRX Points: 107Handicap: +3Posts: 107 Fairways

Not my favorite and I do believe he still plays, but a few years back I enjoyed watching European Tour coverage and seeing Raphael Jacquelin swing the club.

Posted:
  • StonewalledStonewalled Members  1706WRX Points: 203Posts: 1,706 Platinum Tees

Briny Baird, haven't seen him since he lost on the 6 th playoff hole to Bryce Mulder in 2011. I remember them both driving a short par 4 in the playoff. Baird had the distinction of having won the most money without a win on the PGA tour with 13 million. He will be of champion tour age in 3 years so we may see him again.

Posted:
  • Red4282Red4282 Members  969WRX Points: 395Posts: 969 Golden Tee

Cant believe i made it to page 3 and no one said payne stewart. What a legend

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DON SVODON SVO Hacker in progress... Lefty Boomers  1184WRX Points: 283Posts: 1,184 Platinum Tees

On -, @Stonewalled said:

Briny Baird, haven't seen him since he lost on the 6 th playoff hole to Bryce Mulder in 2011. I remember them both driving a short par 4 in the playoff. Baird had the distinction of having won the most money without a win on the PGA tour with 13 million. He will be of champion tour age in 3 years so we may see him again.

In one of the other threads, grm24 put up the list of PGA Tour medical extensions and Briny was on there as a Major Medical extending back to the 2017 season.

Posted:
    A bag of left-handed junk.
    Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Rogue 125 MSI 60g TX
    3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 80x
    2H: Adams Super XTD Project X blue 6.5
    3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
    4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 PX LZ 6.5
    60, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0
    Cameron Select Newport 2
  • cinnepacinnepa Members  2208WRX Points: 116Posts: 2,208 Platinum Tees

Elk, but he seems to have found a niche in his off the course businesses. Chris Demarco too but i saw him at a Champions event in August.

Posted:
    TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
    TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL (7 wood baby!  schwing!)
    Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
    Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
    Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini
  • jackbauerjackbauer Russian prisonMembers  396WRX Points: 177Handicap: 2.4Posts: 396 Greens

Martin Kaymer. Obviously not close to being a senior but he's pretty much fallen off the map. He might be the most unheralded great player of the last ten years or so. I loved his game and the way he carried himself.

Posted:
    WITB
    TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S
    TaylorMade SIM Max (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S
    PXG 0311 XP Gen3 (17) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 S
    Mizuno MP-53 (3-PW, 20-48) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (54.10 S at 53, 58.10 S at 59) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115
    Edel McKenzie (34)
  • CRAFTYLEFTY20CRAFTYLEFTY20 Members  88WRX Points: 78Posts: 88 Fairways

David Duvall

Posted:
  • Santiago GolfSantiago Golf I Strive to make you Better Members  5093WRX Points: 198Handicap: ???Posts: 5,093 Titanium Tees

Anthony Kim...GOAT

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
    Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)
    LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
    Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
    4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)
    S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
    L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)
    Ball: Vice Pro
    Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)

Advertisement
  • derekthomas14derekthomas14 Members, Paid BST  35WRX Points: 37Posts: 35 Bunkers

I second all the Anthony Kim picks.

Posted:
  • Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members  185WRX Points: 76Handicap: 1Posts: 185 Fairways

On -, @jackbauer said:

Martin Kaymer. Obviously not close to being a senior but he's pretty much fallen off the map. He might be the most unheralded great player of the last ten years or so. I loved his game and the way he carried himself.

He's had quite a few rounds in the 60's the last couple months. You might start to see him popping up in contention in the near future.
    http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=32204/index.html

Posted:
    Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX  16022WRX Points: 1,497Posts: 16,022 ClubWRX

On -, @tiderider said:

On -, @Christosterone said:

If we are talking older guys then I miss Colin Montgomerie more than anyone since Jonny Miller...
    Monty had the most beautiful swing in the history of golf imho...

I also miss Vijay....wow, what a reverse C both he and Monty had...

-Chris

you must be a chiropractor ...

Or a neurosurgeon😉

Cheers🍻
    RP

Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX  16022WRX Points: 1,497Posts: 16,022 ClubWRX

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
    RP

Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, FloridaMembers  1961WRX Points: 706Posts: 1,961 Platinum Tees

On -, @Mick Douglas said:

Grant Waite and Tim Clarke

Last I heard/saw Grant was hanging around Ocala Florida area. He’s been playing moonlights/Florida professional/west Florida. His son osten has developed into a nice player.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, FloridaMembers  1961WRX Points: 706Posts: 1,961 Platinum Tees

On -, @llewol007 said:

Luke Donald for me

He has been slowly coming back from his herniated disk basically took 6 months off in the middle of 2018. His short game is still super sharp though from what I saw before I left Florida.

Posted:

On -, @DON SVO said:

On -, @Stonewalled said:

In one of the other threads, grm24 put up the list of PGA Tour medical extensions and Briny was on there as a Major Medical extending back to the 2017 season.

I think Brian Davis now owns the distinction of most money with no win, but Briny has major back issues to go along with double shoulder surgery in 12-13? I don’t know as that he comes back from that unfortunately, I know he has really been enjoying the home life with his kids. But he may make a run at the Senior Circuit especially if he can get a cart, but walking 54-72 holes is a challenge for him still I think.

Posted:

On -, @chigolfer1 said:

On -, @JD3 said:

Alvaro Quiros
    Remember when he was all the rage and assumed long drive heir? Haven't seen his name in a high profile tournie in years

Yeah, anyone know what happened? Injury, misguided swing change or just "golf is hard?"

He’s been playing in Europe and having a fair/good season no wins I don’t think but I do seem to remember a couple top 5s and a runner up over the summer.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • StonewalledStonewalled Members  1706WRX Points: 203Posts: 1,706 Platinum Tees

On -, @BNGL said:

On -, @DON SVO said:

On -, @Stonewalled said:

I think Brian Davis now owns the distinction of most money with no win, but Briny has major back issues to go along with double shoulder surgery in 12-13? I don’t know as that he comes back from that unfortunately, I know he has really been enjoying the home life with his kids. But he may make a run at the Senior Circuit especially if he can get a cart, but walking 54-72 holes is a challenge for him still I think.

Thanks for the info BN, I had read he had an injury but didn't think It would be career ending, tough game this golf. Hopefully he recovers enough to get some time in on the Champions tour.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.