M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • cStylecStyle Members Posts: 1
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,932 ClubWRX

@b.helts said:
    Stuart Appleby. Loved his golf swing and approach to the game. Also enjoyed rooting for him after what happened with his wife. Seems a good guy.

SA was the pro at the drawings party before a BMW pro-am I played in. He took a shining to the beautiful lady I was with and openly hit on her, right in front of me. Now I'm a former fan of his.

• chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 9:11pm #69

@JD3 said:
    Alvaro Quiros
    Remember when he was all the rage and assumed long drive heir? Haven't seen his name in a high profile tournie in years

Yeah, anyone know what happened? Injury, misguided swing change or just "golf is hard?"

• b.heltsb.helts Members Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DavePelz4 said:

@b.helts said:
    Stuart Appleby. Loved his golf swing and approach to the game. Also enjoyed rooting for him after what happened with his wife. Seems a good guy.

SA was the pro at the drawings party before a BMW pro-am I played in. He took a shining to the beautiful lady I was with and openly hit on her, right in front of me. Now I'm a former fan of his.

Sorry man. I had no idea.

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Chi Chi. I am not sure there is a golfer out there that had as much fun as he did.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • dollerisdolleris Members Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seve (quite a few others as well) - but he was special to watch :)

My bag
    PING G400 Max driver, G400 3 & 5 woods, G400 hybrid, Srixon Z565 5-PW, TM Milled Grind wedges, Yes Tracy III+ putter
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,932 ClubWRX

@b.helts said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@b.helts said:

Oh no worries...the irony is I was fan boi-ing him initially...then he took over! Gotta admit his hand action was pretty good if you know what I mean.

• CattyCatty AustraliaMembers Posts: 40 ✭✭

@DavePelz4 said:

@b.helts said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@b.helts said:

Oh no worries...the irony is I was fan boi-ing him initially...then he took over! Gotta admit his hand action was pretty good if you know what I mean.

So, how did he go in the end?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist D905
    Titleist Tour Model 2 thru PW
    Titleist Vokey 52, 56
    Scotty Cameron Newport
    [/font]
  • scottyc15scottyc15 HoustonMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭

Not my favorite and I do believe he still plays, but a few years back I enjoyed watching European Tour coverage and seeing Raphael Jacquelin swing the club.

Taylormade M5 9 - Aldila Rogue White 130 70TX
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 - Aldila Tour Green 85TX
    Srixon Z U85 2 - DG TI X100
    Srixon Z 765 4-PW - DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG 52,56,60 - DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider Limited
  • StonewalledStonewalled Members Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Briny Baird, haven't seen him since he lost on the 6 th playoff hole to Bryce Mulder in 2011. I remember them both driving a short par 4 in the playoff. Baird had the distinction of having won the most money without a win on the PGA tour with 13 million. He will be of champion tour age in 3 years so we may see him again.

• Red4282Red4282 Members Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭

Cant believe i made it to page 3 and no one said payne stewart. What a legend

• DON SVODON SVO Hacker in progress... Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Stonewalled said:
    Briny Baird, haven't seen him since he lost on the 6 th playoff hole to Bryce Mulder in 2011. I remember them both driving a short par 4 in the playoff. Baird had the distinction of having won the most money without a win on the PGA tour with 13 million. He will be of champion tour age in 3 years so we may see him again.

In one of the other threads, grm24 put up the list of PGA Tour medical extensions and Briny was on there as a Major Medical extending back to the 2017 season.

A bag of left-handed junk.
    Driver: 2016 Taylormade M2 Kai'li 70x
    3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 80x
    2H: Adams Super XTD Project X blue 6.5
    3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
    4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 satin PX 6.5
    59, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0
    Cameron Newport 1.5
  • cinnepacinnepa Members Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Elk, but he seems to have found a niche in his off the course businesses. Chris Demarco too but i saw him at a Champions event in August.

TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
    TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL (7 wood baby!  schwing!)
    Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
    Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
    Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini
  • jackbauerjackbauer Russian prisonMembers Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭

Martin Kaymer. Obviously not close to being a senior but he's pretty much fallen off the map. He might be the most unheralded great player of the last ten years or so. I loved his game and the way he carried himself.

WITB
    TaylorMade M2 2016 (9.75) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 S
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 (14), Adams Tight Lies 2 (19) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 S
    Mizuno MP-53 (3-PW, 20-48) KBS Tour 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 S Grind (53.09, 59.11) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125
    Edel McKenzie (34)
  • CRAFTYLEFTY20CRAFTYLEFTY20 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
  • Santiago GolfSantiago Golf I Strive to make you Better Members Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anthony Kim...GOAT

Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
    Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)

LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
    Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
    4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)

S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
    L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)

Ball: Vice Pro
    Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)
  • derekthomas14derekthomas14 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭

I second all the Anthony Kim picks.

• Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

@jackbauer said:
    Martin Kaymer. Obviously not close to being a senior but he's pretty much fallen off the map. He might be the most unheralded great player of the last ten years or so. I loved his game and the way he carried himself.

He's had quite a few rounds in the 60's the last couple months. You might start to see him popping up in contention in the near future.
    http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=32204/index.html

Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,792 ClubWRX

@tiderider said:

@Christosterone said:
    If we are talking older guys then I miss Colin Montgomerie more than anyone since Jonny Miller...
    Monty had the most beautiful swing in the history of golf imho...

I also miss Vijay....wow, what a reverse C both he and Monty had...

-Chris

you must be a chiropractor ...

Or a neurosurgeon😉

Cheers🍻
    RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,792 ClubWRX

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
    RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • BNGLBNGL Members Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mick Douglas said:
    Grant Waite and Tim Clarke

Last I heard/saw Grant was hanging around Ocala Florida area. He’s been playing moonlights/Florida professional/west Florida. His son osten has developed into a nice player.

@llewol007 said:
    Luke Donald for me

He has been slowly coming back from his herniated disk basically took 6 months off in the middle of 2018. His short game is still super sharp though from what I saw before I left Florida.

@DON SVO said:

@Stonewalled said:

In one of the other threads, grm24 put up the list of PGA Tour medical extensions and Briny was on there as a Major Medical extending back to the 2017 season.

I think Brian Davis now owns the distinction of most money with no win, but Briny has major back issues to go along with double shoulder surgery in 12-13? I don’t know as that he comes back from that unfortunately, I know he has really been enjoying the home life with his kids. But he may make a run at the Senior Circuit especially if he can get a cart, but walking 54-72 holes is a challenge for him still I think.

@chigolfer1 said:

@JD3 said:
    Alvaro Quiros
    Remember when he was all the rage and assumed long drive heir? Haven't seen his name in a high profile tournie in years

Yeah, anyone know what happened? Injury, misguided swing change or just "golf is hard?"

He’s been playing in Europe and having a fair/good season no wins I don’t think but I do seem to remember a couple top 5s and a runner up over the summer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file