GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Update: 4 month old TM m5 driver crown is lifting

Jackal66 ·  
Jackal66Jackal66 Members  314WRX Points: 99Handicap: 22Posts: 314 Greens

My Son has a Taylormade M5 driver.
It is about 4 months old.
Today he noticed it sounded funny, and after a few hits, the crown is lifting up.
His swing speed is 113-118, but the club should be able to handle that.
How does Taylormade handle the warranties like this?
Has anyone else had this happen with the m5, m6 series.
I've heard of the M2's doing this.

Posted:
Post edited by Jackal66 on

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3335WRX Points: 640Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,335 Titanium Tees

Stuff happens when a moving object hits a still object. Even more so at your son’s speed.

TM Warranty
    https://www.taylormadegolf.com/warranty?lang=default/

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Jackal66Jackal66 Members  314WRX Points: 99Handicap: 22Posts: 314 Greens

On -, @noodle3872 said:

Stuff happens when a moving object hits a still object. Even more so at your son’s speed.

TM Warranty
    https://www.taylormadegolf.com/warranty?lang=default/

Thanks for the link.
    I appreciate it. 👍👍👍

Posted:
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 TX/CAMembers  1724WRX Points: 305Posts: 1,724 Platinum Tees

Call TM or visit the place where you got it.
    They will replace, Definitely happens more often at high speeds with the multi material drivers of today

Posted:
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • FlashwurksFlashwurks Orlando, FLMembers  52WRX Points: 23Posts: 52 Bunkers

I hear and can somewhat understand the hit hard, break hard argument - but there are several threads on here about M5 issues (I follow them because I have one). At the swing speeds OP is talking about, there should be zero issues with a shaft or head direct from manufacturer outside of the here and there. That being said, TaylorMade has great customer service, so you should be fine. But these issues shouldnt be happening at tour speeds as these club heads, I imagine, are tested at higher speeds than that.

Posted:
  • jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2399WRX Points: 703Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,399 ClubWRX

On -, @Flashwurks said:

I hear and can somewhat understand the hit hard, break hard argument - but there are several threads on here about M5 issues (I follow them because I have one). At the swing speeds OP is talking about, there should be zero issues with a shaft or head direct from manufacturer outside of the here and there. That being said, TaylorMade has great customer service, so you should be fine. But these issues shouldnt be happening at tour speeds as these club heads, I imagine, are tested at higher speeds than that.

There will always be issues of this type with drivers and other clubs that push manufacturing processes. Some small percentage of them are going to fail due to defects that eventually cause a failure after use. The more energetic the collision, the faster a failure like this will manifest itself.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 3, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade P750 4-PW, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy JDay Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB

On -, @jll62 said:

On -, @Flashwurks said:

There will always be issues of this type with drivers and other clubs that push manufacturing processes. Some small percentage of them are going to fail due to defects that eventually cause a failure after use. The more energetic the collision, the faster a failure like this will manifest itself.

That's kind of what I was thinking .
    With my 102 swing speed, it might have never broke.
    Or, it could have taken longer (maybe 10 years).
    With as many pros playing these , they shouldn't be too fragile.
    Thanks for all the info everyone !👍👍

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Contacted Taylormade, sent pics, and they are going to warranty it.
    Thanks for all the info.

Posted:
  • HeckleHeckle Members  131WRX Points: 26Posts: 131 Fairways

Great result. I have heard of several of these having problems at higher swing speeds.

Posted:

Update:
    Taylormade replaced\warranted the driver with no problems.
    They even apologized for the inconvience.
    Great customer service.
    👍👍👍

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.