Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Arccos??

This is new to me and trying to figure how it works. All I can find is that the sensor is located in a club and is impact sensitive to identify where exactly you are when you hit the shot with this club. Simple enough for me, but what I don't find or understand is how it determines where your ball comes to rest?? I'm wondering if that kicks in when you hit your next shot with another club? I wonder this as I see a driver (only) sensor for sale locally on Craigslist and if I might be able to just use it alone on course, or better yet on practice range???

Thanks for schoolin' me on this new fangled magic stuff
Gerry

Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Driver
Callaway Epic sub zero 12.5* Phrankenstein 43" shafted 3 wood
Callaway Hot X Pro 16* Hybrid
TaylorMade JetSpeed 22* Hybrid
Callaway Apex UL 21* Driving Iron
Adams XTD Forged 5-PW
Scratch 53* & 58* forged wedges
Odyssey White Ice #9  Mallet putter

Comments

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,539 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It records where you hit each shot. So when you look at the round afterwards it will show the distance from where you hit your tee shot to where you hit your second shot. Then from where you hit the second shot to where you hit the next one and so forth. All it knows is that such-and-such club was used to the hit ball in a certain spot each time.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here are some good overviews of the system in the first 8 posts - https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1656268/official-cobra-connect-testing-thread/p1

Unfortunately, it was before they redid the system/layout of the forum, so the pics aren't embedded as they once were.

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • WonIronWonIron Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

Thanks North Butte ... that was what I figured from the vague info provided on their site.
    It DOES seem like a useful system if you had sensors on ALL the clubs which I guess is the idea. This guy on Craigslist was just selling a driver sensor, so it seems kinda useless.

Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Driver
    Callaway Epic sub zero 12.5* Phrankenstein 43" shafted 3 wood
    Callaway Hot X Pro 16* Hybrid
    TaylorMade JetSpeed 22* Hybrid
    Callaway Apex UL 21* Driving Iron
    Adams XTD Forged 5-PW
    Scratch 53* & 58* forged wedges
    Odyssey White Ice #9  Mallet putter

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,539 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@WonIron said:
    Thanks North Butte ... that was what I figured from the vague info provided on their site.
    It DOES seem like a useful system if you had sensors on ALL the clubs which I guess is the idea. This guy on Craigslist was just selling a driver sensor, so it seems kinda useless.

Yeah, I never understood the appeal of the driver-only sensor. I think you had to swing the driver, then go stand by the ball in the fairway (hopefully!) and pull out the phone to tell the app that's where the ball ended up.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file