Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

NEW COBRA DRIVERS?

scott406scott406 New OrleansMembers Posts: 32 ✭✭

Can someone give me an idea when we can expect a new Cobra Driver (F10?)
I am looking to buy an F9 but want will wait if a new release is expected soon.
Thanks

Driver: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*
5 Wood: Ping G400 17.5*
Hybrid: PING G400 22*
Irons: PING G400 5-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ,54,58
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X

Comments

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scott406 said:
    Thanks

I think it will be early 2020.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • chriswchrisw Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@scott406 said:
    Thanks

I think it will be early 2020.

+1 think it will be early 2020, F9 speedback is a great driver, could probably find one in the BST for the really good deal too.

• clichecliche Members Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭

release is end of January.
    Media embargo ends end of October

• scott406scott406 New OrleansMembers Posts: 32 ✭✭

Thank you

Driver: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*
    5 Wood: Ping G400 17.5*
    Hybrid: PING G400 22*
    Irons: PING G400 5-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX ,54,58
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"
    Ball: Snell MTB-X

The F9 was good. I think there are a few simple aesthetic tweeks needed, and the need to get the spin down. That has been the biggest killer for me the past few years with their drivers. They just spin too much.

• clichecliche Members Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:
    The F9 was good. I think there are a few simple aesthetic tweeks needed, and the need to get the spin down. That has been the biggest killer for me the past few years with their drivers. They just spin too much.

you will not be disapointed

• HeckleHeckle Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

I think you will love the F9

• MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

Different shaft ?

Cobra F8+ Driver / HZRDUS Smoke
    Cobra F8 3W / Aldila NV 2KXV Blue
    Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 50.08F
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 54.08M
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 60.04L
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

@MooJersey said:

@QuigleyDU said:

Different shaft ?

I tried a bunch of different shafts. It was just a touch too high spin for my taste, and I game a triple diamond sub zero because I wanted more spin than the standard sub. there was just something about the F9. I really liked it, I just could not get the numbers out of it that I wanted. I think it was also a touch on the heavy headed side.

• peterrodpeterrod Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

I purchase the F9 Driver in June. 12 degree head -1.5 Loft to 10.5 Tensi CK Blue 50 stiff shaft
    I was very please with the forgiveness but though my flight was too high. The fitter told me to play with the weights.
    I moved the 14 gram weight forward and the 2 gram weight to back. Now im hitting drives 290 to 300.
    I get a lot of wow's on the Tee box. Great driver.

@peterrod said:

@QuigleyDU said:

I purchase the F9 Driver in June. 12 degree head -1.5 Loft to 10.5 Tensi CK Blue 50 stiff shaft
    I was very please with the forgiveness but though my flight was too high. The fitter told me to play with the weights.
    I moved the 14 gram weight forward and the 2 gram weight to back. Now im hitting drives 290 to 300.

I agree it is great. I think there are just a few tweaks that could make it better.

@QuigleyDU said:

@peterrod said:

@QuigleyDU said:

I agree it is great. I think there are just a few tweaks that could make it better.

What kind of tweaks would you make?

• eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree the F9 is just a beast of a driver. There’s only (1) thing I can think of that is change on the next driver and that is to do away with the channel that goes all the way around the face. Now I know I’ll get flack for what I’m about to say but that’s ok I’m not a pga pro, but anytime I hit the ball off the bottom or top of the club I always put a big cut in my golf ball. Yes ideally I wouldn’t hit it there, but like I said I’m not perfect and crap happens. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Cobra F9 (9.5)...….…………………..Aldila Tour Blue 65s
    Cobra F6 Baffler (16)…......…...…Project X HZRDUS Red 75s
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........…..Aldila Tour Blue 85s
    PXG 0211 (5 - G)……...............….True Temper Elevate Tour X
    Cobra King Black (54/10)......…Nippon Modus 115
    Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)......KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht
    Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm due for an upgrade from the LTD. I've got high hopes for the F10.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’m looking forward to the new driver.

Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link

@Heckle said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@peterrod said:

@QuigleyDU said:

Well that is really hard to say as I am not an engineer. But looks wise, I would smooth out the crown, I think it is a bit on the busy side with the bulges etc. I know those are there for airflow purposes, just like the dragonfly on the ping drivers. I just don't think they look as good. Maybe if they changed the paint to be completely flat or matte finish It would look better. I would change the shape slightly to be a bit more pear shaped and I would offer something in the 450cc size.

As far as performance goes, If I knew what it would take to drop the spin a bit, I would do that.

• ethan380ethan380 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 6:17am #18

I'd be happy if they just changed the color scheme.

@ethan380 said:
    I'd be happy if they just changed the color scheme.

I also thought it was funny that the yellow head was by far the more popular.

• KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cliche said:

Iron releases as well?

PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Konklifer said:

@cliche said:

Iron releases as well?

Bryson said on IG that they have new iron stuff coming out soon, so I assume yes.

@QuigleyDU said:

@Heckle said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@peterrod said:

@QuigleyDU said:

Well that is really hard to say as I am not an engineer. But looks wise, I would smooth out the crown, I think it is a bit on the busy side with the bulges etc. I know those are there for airflow purposes, just like the dragonfly on the ping drivers. I just don't think they look as good. Maybe if they changed the paint to be completely flat or matte finish It would look better. I would change the shape slightly to be a bit more pear shaped and I would offer something in the 450cc size.

As far as performance goes, If I knew what it would take to drop the spin a bit, I would do that.

Do you think they could sell multiple head shapes similar to Titleist?

@Heckle said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@Heckle said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@peterrod said:

@QuigleyDU said:

They currently offer two different fairway models, and they have in the past. The F8 had two different heads. Pretty much every company has multiple. Now that may be way Cobra is a bit more on the cost effective side. They concentrate on one head to fit as many as possible rather then 2, or 3 or 4. I am not sure which model is better. Cobra is climbing in popularity so they most have a decent plan in play.

@QuigleyDU said:

@Heckle said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@Heckle said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@peterrod said:

@QuigleyDU said:

They currently offer two different fairway models, and they have in the past. The F8 had two different heads. Pretty much every company has multiple. Now that may be way Cobra is a bit more on the cost effective side. They concentrate on one head to fit as many as possible rather then 2, or 3 or 4. I am not sure which model is better. Cobra is climbing in popularity so they most have a decent plan in play.

Makes sense.

• MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope they have something like a G400 MAX coming out. Super forgiving, lowish spin, and not draw biased would be a nice addition.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve owned FlyZ+, F7+, 2 LTD Pros and now on F9. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Cobra F9, Atmos Black 6X
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    EVNRoll ER5
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd really like to see Cobra get a driver on the market that has adjustable weighting from heel to toe like TM, Cally, and Ping.

Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

@J13 said:
    I'd really like to see Cobra get a driver on the market that has adjustable weighting from heel to toe like TM, Cally, and Ping.

I completely agree. I feel like that adjustment is much more useful for fitting purposes than a front to back weight adjustment.

• ProjectXProjectX I can a hit lob wedge 150...but only from a greenside bunker Members Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@eddiebigeddie said:
    I agree the F9 is just a beast of a driver. There’s only (1) thing I can think of that is change on the next driver and that is to do away with the channel that goes all the way around the face. Now I know I’ll get flack for what I’m about to say but that’s ok I’m not a pga pro, but anytime I hit the ball off the bottom or top of the club I always put a big cut in my golf ball. Yes ideally I wouldn’t hit it there, but like I said I’m not perfect and crap happens. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Hmmm, maybe the ball you are using has a **** cover. I'm no pro either and my miss is always low heel and have undoubtedly hit some off the channel but I haven't cut any balls and I'm swinging around 120 mph.

I do agree with what others have said in the spin department though. I switched from a Rogue Sub Zero. I have lost a few yards due to added back spin(same shaft I had in the sub zero) but have gained a lot on accurracy. I'd love to see Cobra make a taller faced low spin version of the head like a Callaway Sub Zero, Ping LST, or my old favorite, the R9 Superdeep. I'm diggin the F9 but if they made a low spin model SIGN ME THE F UP!!!

Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 9* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
    Cobra F9 Tour Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 90 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3-5 KBS Tour C Taper X
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 46F, 50F, 54F & 60D KBS Tour C-Taper X
    SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
    Titleist Pro V1x...but testing every urethane ball on the market

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file