GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

NEW COBRA DRIVERS?

scott406 ·  
scott406scott406 New OrleansMembers  38WRX Points: 28Handicap: 11Posts: 38 Bunkers

Can someone give me an idea when we can expect a new Cobra Driver (F10?)
I am looking to buy an F9 but want will wait if a new release is expected soon.
Thanks

Posted:
Driver: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*
5 Wood: Ping G400 17.5*
Hybrid: PING G400 22*
Irons: PING G400 5-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ,54,58
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Comments

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10852WRX Points: 3,961Handicap: 8Posts: 10,852 ClubWRX

On -, @scott406 said:

Thanks

I think it will be early 2020.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HitBombsHitBombs Members  117WRX Points: 80Posts: 117 Fairways

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @scott406 said:

Thanks

I think it will be early 2020.

+1 think it will be early 2020, F9 speedback is a great driver, could probably find one in the BST for the really good deal too.

Posted:
  • clichecliche Members  789WRX Points: 92Handicap: 10Posts: 789 Golden Tee

release is end of January.
    Media embargo ends end of October

Posted:
  • scott406scott406 New OrleansMembers  38WRX Points: 28Handicap: 11Posts: 38 Bunkers

Thank you

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*
    5 Wood: Ping G400 17.5*
    Hybrid: PING G400 22*
    Irons: PING G400 5-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX ,54,58
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1898WRX Points: 313Handicap: ?Posts: 1,898 Platinum Tees

Very soon. Bryson has already been resting. You can’t go wrong with the F9. Top 2 driver of the year

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10852WRX Points: 3,961Handicap: 8Posts: 10,852 ClubWRX

The F9 was good. I think there are a few simple aesthetic tweeks needed, and the need to get the spin down. That has been the biggest killer for me the past few years with their drivers. They just spin too much.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • clichecliche Members  789WRX Points: 92Handicap: 10Posts: 789 Golden Tee

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

The F9 was good. I think there are a few simple aesthetic tweeks needed, and the need to get the spin down. That has been the biggest killer for me the past few years with their drivers. They just spin too much.

you will not be disapointed

Posted:
  • HeckleHeckle Members  132WRX Points: 26Posts: 132 Fairways

I think you will love the F9

Posted:
  • MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  603WRX Points: 142Handicap: 15.4Posts: 603 Golden Tee

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Different shaft ?

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    4W = Titleist TS2 (16.5*)
    7W = Titleist 917F2 (21*)
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    (50.08 Mid, 56.10 High, 60.5 Low)
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Different shaft ?

I tried a bunch of different shafts. It was just a touch too high spin for my taste, and I game a triple diamond sub zero because I wanted more spin than the standard sub. there was just something about the F9. I really liked it, I just could not get the numbers out of it that I wanted. I think it was also a touch on the heavy headed side.

Posted:
  • peterrodpeterrod Members  129WRX Points: 63Posts: 129 Fairways

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

I purchase the F9 Driver in June. 12 degree head -1.5 Loft to 10.5 Tensi CK Blue 50 stiff shaft
    I was very please with the forgiveness but though my flight was too high. The fitter told me to play with the weights.
    I moved the 14 gram weight forward and the 2 gram weight to back. Now im hitting drives 290 to 300.
    I get a lot of wow's on the Tee box. Great driver.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @peterrod said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

I purchase the F9 Driver in June. 12 degree head -1.5 Loft to 10.5 Tensi CK Blue 50 stiff shaft
    I was very please with the forgiveness but though my flight was too high. The fitter told me to play with the weights.
    I moved the 14 gram weight forward and the 2 gram weight to back. Now im hitting drives 290 to 300.

I agree it is great. I think there are just a few tweaks that could make it better.

Posted:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @peterrod said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

I agree it is great. I think there are just a few tweaks that could make it better.

What kind of tweaks would you make?

Posted:
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members  2026WRX Points: 165Handicap: 11.4Posts: 2,026 Platinum Tees

I agree the F9 is just a beast of a driver. There’s only (1) thing I can think of that is change on the next driver and that is to do away with the channel that goes all the way around the face. Now I know I’ll get flack for what I’m about to say but that’s ok I’m not a pga pro, but anytime I hit the ball off the bottom or top of the club I always put a big cut in my golf ball. Yes ideally I wouldn’t hit it there, but like I said I’m not perfect and crap happens. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Posted:
    DriverPXG Proto 0811x (9) / Aldila Rogue White 130 m.s.i. 60s or Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 50 (6.0)
    Fairway:  Taylormade Rocketballz 3w (15) / Matrix Xcon 5s
    Utility:  Srixon U45 (20) / Recoil 110 F4
    Irons:  Cleveland UHX (5, 6) / Project X LZ 120 (6.0)
    Irons:  Srixon Z565 (7 - Aw) / Project X LZ 120 (6.0)
    Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
    Wedge:  Cleveland CBX Fullface (60/10) / Nippon Modus 115w
    Putter:  Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht (Custom)
    Ball:  Srixon Z Star Xv (Yellow)
    Bag
    :
      Bennington LQO-9

Grint:  eddiebigeddie
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members  2637WRX Points: 138Handicap: 3.6Posts: 2,637 Titanium Tees

I'm due for an upgrade from the LTD. I've got high hopes for the F10.

Posted:
    Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7972WRX Points: 415Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,972 Titanium Tees

I’m looking forward to the new driver.

Posted:
    Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
    TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    TP5x Pix

WITB Link

Advertisement

On -, @Heckle said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @peterrod said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Well that is really hard to say as I am not an engineer. But looks wise, I would smooth out the crown, I think it is a bit on the busy side with the bulges etc. I know those are there for airflow purposes, just like the dragonfly on the ping drivers. I just don't think they look as good. Maybe if they changed the paint to be completely flat or matte finish It would look better. I would change the shape slightly to be a bit more pear shaped and I would offer something in the 450cc size.

As far as performance goes, If I knew what it would take to drop the spin a bit, I would do that.

Posted:
  • ethan380ethan380 Members  80WRX Points: 13Posts: 80 Fairways

I'd be happy if they just changed the color scheme.

Posted:

On -, @ethan380 said:

I'd be happy if they just changed the color scheme.

I also thought it was funny that the yellow head was by far the more popular.

Posted:
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members  8047WRX Points: 629Posts: 8,047 Titanium Tees

On -, @cliche said:

Iron releases as well?

Posted:
    PING G400 Max 10.5° (-) | (fw tbd) | PING G410 19° (F-) | PING i25 22°, 26° | Callaway XHP 6-AW | PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES | PING Heppler Ketsch, 34.75"
    Srixon Z-Star Yellow
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3364WRX Points: 1,455Posts: 3,364 Titanium Tees

On -, @Konklifer said:

On -, @cliche said:

Iron releases as well?

Bryson said on IG that they have new iron stuff coming out soon, so I assume yes.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

Advertisement

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @Heckle said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @peterrod said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Well that is really hard to say as I am not an engineer. But looks wise, I would smooth out the crown, I think it is a bit on the busy side with the bulges etc. I know those are there for airflow purposes, just like the dragonfly on the ping drivers. I just don't think they look as good. Maybe if they changed the paint to be completely flat or matte finish It would look better. I would change the shape slightly to be a bit more pear shaped and I would offer something in the 450cc size.

As far as performance goes, If I knew what it would take to drop the spin a bit, I would do that.

Do you think they could sell multiple head shapes similar to Titleist?

Posted:

On -, @Heckle said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @Heckle said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @peterrod said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

They currently offer two different fairway models, and they have in the past. The F8 had two different heads. Pretty much every company has multiple. Now that may be way Cobra is a bit more on the cost effective side. They concentrate on one head to fit as many as possible rather then 2, or 3 or 4. I am not sure which model is better. Cobra is climbing in popularity so they most have a decent plan in play.

Posted:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @Heckle said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @Heckle said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @peterrod said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

They currently offer two different fairway models, and they have in the past. The F8 had two different heads. Pretty much every company has multiple. Now that may be way Cobra is a bit more on the cost effective side. They concentrate on one head to fit as many as possible rather then 2, or 3 or 4. I am not sure which model is better. Cobra is climbing in popularity so they most have a decent plan in play.

Makes sense.

Posted:
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members  2637WRX Points: 138Handicap: 3.6Posts: 2,637 Titanium Tees

I really hope they have something like a G400 MAX coming out. Super forgiving, lowish spin, and not draw biased would be a nice addition.

Posted:
    Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1898WRX Points: 313Handicap: ?Posts: 1,898 Platinum Tees

On -, @MrFlapjack said:

I really hope they have something like a G400 MAX coming out. Super forgiving, lowish spin, and not draw biased would be a nice addition.

The F9 is as forgiving at the 400 Max especially with that weight in the back position. The spin definitely increases a little bit but, that's what happens. I don't expect extra models. Cobra has played like that in the past but, I don't know if its in the cards for drivers in the future. They don't sell nearly as many as Titleist, TM, Ping, etc.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members  416WRX Points: 148Posts: 416 Greens

I’ve owned FlyZ+, F7+, 2 LTD Pros and now on F9. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Posted:
    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Cobra F9, Atmos Black 6X
    Cobra F9 Tour 3w, Smoke Black 70 6.5
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Srixon z765 4-PW Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    EVNRoll ER5
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16612WRX Points: 1,622Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,612 Titanium Tees

I'd really like to see Cobra get a driver on the market that has adjustable weighting from heel to toe like TM, Cally, and Ping.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

On -, @J13 said:

I'd really like to see Cobra get a driver on the market that has adjustable weighting from heel to toe like TM, Cally, and Ping.

I completely agree. I feel like that adjustment is much more useful for fitting purposes than a front to back weight adjustment.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ProjectXProjectX I can a hit lob wedge 150...but only from a greenside bunker Members  1528WRX Points: 276Posts: 1,528 Platinum Tees

On -, @eddiebigeddie said:

I agree the F9 is just a beast of a driver. There’s only (1) thing I can think of that is change on the next driver and that is to do away with the channel that goes all the way around the face. Now I know I’ll get flack for what I’m about to say but that’s ok I’m not a pga pro, but anytime I hit the ball off the bottom or top of the club I always put a big cut in my golf ball. Yes ideally I wouldn’t hit it there, but like I said I’m not perfect and crap happens. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Hmmm, maybe the ball you are using has a **** cover. I'm no pro either and my miss is always low heel and have undoubtedly hit some off the channel but I haven't cut any balls and I'm swinging around 120 mph.

I do agree with what others have said in the spin department though. I switched from a Rogue Sub Zero. I have lost a few yards due to added back spin(same shaft I had in the sub zero) but have gained a lot on accurracy. I'd love to see Cobra make a taller faced low spin version of the head like a Callaway Sub Zero, Ping LST, or my old favorite, the R9 Superdeep. I'm diggin the F9 but if they made a low spin model SIGN ME THE F UP!!!

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
    Titleist TS3 Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5 KBS Tour C-Taper X
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
    Mizuno T20 Raw 46*, 51*, 56* & 61* KBS Tour C-Taper X
    SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.