Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Update from USGA on KickX Tour-Z golf ball status

ChipNRunChipNRun Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of week’s ago, I responded to the thread “Where are all the 2 Woods?” I said that Medicus affiliate KickX made the 2-wood style Driveway Blaster, and also handled the KickX Tour-Z golf balls. Another blogger was concerned that the ball was nonconforming and involved in a marketing scandal.

The ball indeed was involved in a multi-party online marketing scam, which was shut down following an FTC lawsuit in 2017.

I e-mailed the USGA about the ball’s playability status. I got this reply from Pamela Sanderson, who works as assistant manager for ball conformance testing:

"The KickX golf ball expired from the Conforming Ball List at the end of May 2017. To remain on the list the manufacturer is required to resubmit the ball once a year. For reasons unknown to us the manufacturer did not resubmit the golf ball to continue the listing. The KickX golf ball is still considered to be a Conforming Ball. It may be used in competitions where the Conforming Ball List is not a condition of competition."

Sanderson added that involvement in a marketing scam would not cause a ball to be removed from the conforming list. The U.S. government governs marketing issues.

@storm319 found information on the Tour-Z ball origins and supply chain:

The KickX urethane ball was an off the shelf 3-piece urethane ball produced by Foremost Golf Mfg in Taiwan. Around a dozen marketing companies sold this identical ball with their logo and it ended up being the subject of a lawsuit filed by Acushnet. It still lives on today as the Vice Pro.

(The Acushnet lawsuit was separate from the FTC lawsuit.)

What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
       4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
Ball: Calla SuperSoft
* Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad my thread is paying dividends!

Have a Hogan 14 degree on the way... we will see if it fills my two hole.

Wait.

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file