GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Update from USGA on KickX Tour-Z golf ball status

ChipNRun ·  
ChipNRunChipNRun Members  2481WRX Points: 616Posts: 2,481 Platinum Tees

A couple of week’s ago, I responded to the thread “Where are all the 2 Woods?” I said that Medicus affiliate KickX made the 2-wood style Driveway Blaster, and also handled the KickX Tour-Z golf balls. Another blogger was concerned that the ball was nonconforming and involved in a marketing scandal.

The ball indeed was involved in a multi-party online marketing scam, which was shut down following an FTC lawsuit in 2017.

I e-mailed the USGA about the ball’s playability status. I got this reply from Pamela Sanderson, who works as assistant manager for ball conformance testing:

"The KickX golf ball expired from the Conforming Ball List at the end of May 2017. To remain on the list the manufacturer is required to resubmit the ball once a year. For reasons unknown to us the manufacturer did not resubmit the golf ball to continue the listing. The KickX golf ball is still considered to be a Conforming Ball. It may be used in competitions where the Conforming Ball List is not a condition of competition."

Sanderson added that involvement in a marketing scam would not cause a ball to be removed from the conforming list. The U.S. government governs marketing issues.

On -, @storm319 found information on the Tour-Z ball origins and supply chain:

The KickX urethane ball was an off the shelf 3-piece urethane ball produced by Foremost Golf Mfg in Taiwan. Around a dozen marketing companies sold this identical ball with their logo and it ended up being the subject of a lawsuit filed by Acushnet. It still lives on today as the Vice Pro.

(The Acushnet lawsuit was separate from the FTC lawsuit.)

Posted:
What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
       4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS + MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr.  | Note: MD4 58°/8.C-grind may replace MD/PM
Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
Ball: Calla SuperHot - orange
* Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course and season.
** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3278WRX Points: 870Handicap: 6Posts: 3,278 Titanium Tees

Glad my thread is paying dividends!

Have a Hogan 14 degree on the way... we will see if it fills my two hole.

Wait.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.