Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

PGA Tour Superstore Coming to East Hanover NJ Winter 2020

NJGolfer0624 ·  
NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members  325WRX Points: 122Posts: 325 Greens

Title says it all

Posted:

Comments

• mocokidmocokid Members  2261WRX Points: 396Posts: 2,261 Platinum Tees

hurray !!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jeffrey rjeffrey r Members  2300WRX Points: 276Handicap: 13Posts: 2,300 Platinum Tees

Good catch. Pretty surprised they are putting another store so close to the Paramus store, but I am not going to complain. Especially since the Paramus store is closed on Sundays, which is brutal.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Driver, Graphite Design G Series 60 R
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3 and 5 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M3
    Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM Irons 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber 110 R
    PXG 0311 SW (54/14) and LW (58/12), TT Elevate Tour S
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4150WRX Points: 901Posts: 4,150 Titanium Tees

No Thanks! That’s over 2,500 miles and a 35+ hour drive!

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members  325WRX Points: 122Posts: 325 Greens

On -, @SubaruWRX said:

No Thanks! That’s over 2,500 miles and a 35+ hour drive!

Cool story

Posted:
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers  2054WRX Points: 450Handicap: 15.3Posts: 2,054 Platinum Tees

Has anyone driven by lately? I looked at the map, I see that it's going to go into the old Baby's R US building (According to the google maps street view) Winter of 2020, I'd imagine that means sometime after New Years?

Posted:

Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* and 56* Wilson Staff
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

• TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  950WRX Points: 203Handicap: 7.6Posts: 950 Golden Tee

December 2020

On -, @golfer07840 said:

Has anyone driven by lately? I looked at the map, I see that it's going to go into the old Baby's R US building (According to the google maps street view) Winter of 2020, I'd imagine that means sometime after New Years?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers  2054WRX Points: 450Handicap: 15.3Posts: 2,054 Platinum Tees

On -, @TheMagicStinger said:

December 2020

On -, @golfer07840 said:

Well, that stinks. Is this a guess or confirmed?

Posted:

and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:

• TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  950WRX Points: 203Handicap: 7.6Posts: 950 Golden Tee

I don't know. I'm from Illinois. I'd hope they can open a store in a few months. Unless they are tearing the building down and putting a new one up.

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @TheMagicStinger said:

December 2020

On -, @golfer07840 said:

Well, that stinks. Is this a guess or confirmed?

Posted:
  • LycokayakerLycokayaker NJMembers  81WRX Points: 67Handicap: to highPosts: 81 Fairways

interesting business strategy... They are dropping another one 24 miles away... Wonder what the idea/concept was behind that. Wish they would have dropped one more central NJ. They could have got a different demographic and got more from allentown as well.

Posted:

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

there's a golf galaxy about one mile away, suprised they are opening in this location

Posted:

I'm not. They have a much bigger selection, the one in Paramus is always busy (also, there is a golf Galaxy across the street in Paramus too) and as someone mentioned, the added bonus of being open on Sunday.

Posted:

WITTB:

Advertisement

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

interesting business strategy... They are dropping another one 24 miles away... Wonder what the idea/concept was behind that. Wish they would have dropped one more central NJ. They could have got a different demographic and got more from allentown as well.

I'm just guessing, but I wonder if it's possible they are moving the Paramus store? I'd find that even more perplexing if that's the case.

Posted:

WITTB:

• LycokayakerLycokayaker NJMembers  81WRX Points: 67Handicap: to highPosts: 81 Fairways

Time will tell I guess. I’m hoping we get one in central jersey soon

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

I'm just guessing, but I wonder if it's possible they are moving the Paramus store? I'd find that even more perplexing if that's the case.

Posted:

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

• mister2coolmister2cool Members  3901WRX Points: 219Posts: 3,901 Titanium Tees

On -, @mocokid said:

there's a golf galaxy about one mile away, suprised they are opening in this location

The Paramus store also has a GG about a mile away.

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

It's really disappointing that they chose that spot. I have heard a couple of years ago from a PGASS employee that they were looking at a 2nd location possibly further south and I was being very hopeful. Since GS closed down in Bridgewater and GG closed a bunch of stores, there is literally no golf shop worth looking at left in the entire central Jersey. I am by 78/287 and the East hangover GG is the closest at 40 min drive.

Posted:
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?

Thank you!!!! Exactly Nothing down our way especially after loosing bridgewater golf store

On -, @mister2cool said:

On -, @mocokid said:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

It's really disappointing that they chose that spot. I have heard a couple of years ago from a PGASS employee that they were looking at a 2nd location possibly further south and I was being very hopeful. Since GS closed down in Bridgewater and GG closed a bunch of stores, there is literally no golf shop worth looking at left in the entire central Jersey. I am by 78/287 and the East hangover GG is the closest at 40 min drive.

Posted:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

Thank you!!!! Exactly Nothing down our way especially after loosing bridgewater golf store

On -, @mister2cool said:

On -, @mocokid said:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @Lycokayaker said:

Woodbridge would be the closest Golf Galaxy to that 78/287 corridor right? Now that I think about it, I guess East Hanover would be closer.

Posted:

WITTB:

Advertisement

On -, @golfer07840 said:

Woodbridge would be the closest Golf Galaxy to that 78/287 corridor right? Now that I think about it, I guess East Hanover would be closer.

Yeah East hanover is just a little closer and it's actually a pretty nice store. Some of the older guys there seem to have been there for a long time. I pretty much only look at good used clubs and hope to find hidden gems here and there and it has a decent stock of it most of the time.
    Oh well.. I won't complain too much as it saves me a lot of $.

Posted:
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees

On -, @mocokid said:

They feed off each other. By me there is an edwin watts, PGATSS and GG all within walking distance.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

does winter 2020 mean Jan-March 2020? Or Dec 2020?

Posted:

On -, @mocokid said:

I take it as Jan-March 2020. Considering that it's only "winter" for 10 days in December (which is weird if you think about it).

That's why I originally asked if anyone had driven by and noticed anything going on in that store, like a sign being taken down, etc.

Since these things never open when they say they do, and given it's such a vague thing, I wouldn't expect it open until late Spring. In fact, if I were a gambling person, I'd set the before/after date at March 5th, which is the Monday of the start of the Bay Hill event.

Obviously I'd bet the after.

Posted:

WITTB:

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @mocokid said:

I take it as Jan-March 2020. Considering that it's only "winter" for 10 days in December (which is weird if you think about it).

That's why I originally asked if anyone had driven by and noticed anything going on in that store, like a sign being taken down, etc.

Since these things never open when they say they do, and given it's such a vague thing, I wouldn't expect it open until late Spring. In fact, if I were a gambling person, I'd set the before/after date at March 5th, which is the Monday of the start of the Bay Hill event.

Obviously I'd bet the after.

agree, by the Masters, at that point you have to be open the golf buying season is on.

Posted:

Advertisement

So if we start a movement to boycott the store.. you think they'll reconsider the location choice? hehe

Posted:
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300

On -, @mister2cool said:

So if we start a movement to boycott the store.. you think they'll reconsider the location choice? hehe

Nope, in fact, someone sent me a facebook post saying they were now hiring. So this also tells us that when they said Winter 2020, they meant this upcoming winter and not next December.

Posted:

WITTB:

• mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members  377WRX Points: 95Handicap: 11Posts: 377 Greens

Oh thank GOD! Paramus is fine but a PIA to get to. E Hanover makes total sense. Open on Sundays and plenty of golf courses, Muni, county and private in the area. About time! Now I know where most of my xmas shopping will come from! As for Golf Galaxy being on other side of rt 10, hey, when there is more competition the consumer wins. The clothing alone at a PGA store is outstanding.

Posted:
  • ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members  1039WRX Points: 94Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,039 Platinum Tees

2/8/2020

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
    Titleist TS2 18* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
    Titleist 818 H2 21* - Diamana D+ 100TX
    Titleist T100 4-P - TI DG S400
    Titleist SM7 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
    Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 
  • ykhwazykhwaz Members  125WRX Points: 45Posts: 125 Fairways

Getting to the paramus store from whippany is brutal. Driving rt 80 and rt17 is not fun. Honestly, the PGA store in paramus is not that great anymore. Always so busy, especially Saturday, because they're closed on Sundays. Can't wait for the one in East Hanover to open

Posted:

Advertisement
  • rigasminhorigasminho Members  111WRX Points: 46Posts: 111 Fairways

Looks like they open Feb 8th 2020

https://www.wganj.com/event-3653847

Posted:
  • Max21Max21 Members  130WRX Points: 56Posts: 130 Fairways

Anyone camping out ???

Posted:
    Posted:
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300

Advertisement
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members  1399WRX Points: 217Handicap: 4Posts: 1,399 Platinum Tees

30,000 worth of giveaways every time they open a store

Posted:
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.