GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Just found new Garmin Connect Golf Feature

dbdors ·  
dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2305WRX Points: 314Handicap: 15Posts: 2,305 ClubWRX
Joined:  edited Sep 6, 2019 in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1

Many of you many have known this, but I just saw this for the first time. I played 9 today, I have made some improvements with my swing and hitting the ball much further. I use and love a Garmin G8 and sometimes I will use it to measure the distance off the tee. On #9 today, I decided to measure my 3H off the tee. To my surprise when I downloaded the data to Garmin connect, the hole score was blue with an underline like it was hyperlinked,

I decided to click the link and it brought up a map with the shot location and distance. I have never seen this before. I did update my Garmin Express today.

So this may not be new to you, but it was to me. I have taken many measurements before, but this is the first that had the map (or at least that I noticed). I must say that I liked it and would love to have every shot from the round. But I am not about to try and measure each shot manually. I guess that's what the CT10 (or Arcoss and others) are for. Would be nice if the CT10 would link with the G8, I might consider it. But I don't want to buy and wear a watch.

Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
Hybrids: TEE CBX 119,  19* & 22*, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 85S+
Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 55* & 60*, Accra 80i
Putter: SC Special Select Newport, 355g, KBS CT Tour, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL
Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
Post edited by dbdors on

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2305WRX Points: 314Handicap: 15Posts: 2,305 ClubWRX

I just looked at some of my older score cards and the few that have measurements are showing the same thing. So I guess this was a change in Garmin Connect Golf. So I must have missed that memo.

Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 119,  19* & 22*, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 85S+
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 55* & 60*, Accra 80i
    Putter: SC Special Select Newport, 355g, KBS CT Tour, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.