Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Just found new Garmin Connect Golf Feature

dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,912 ClubWRX
edited Sep 6, 2019 5:09pm in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1

Many of you many have known this, but I just saw this for the first time. I played 9 today, I have made some improvements with my swing and hitting the ball much further. I use and love a Garmin G8 and sometimes I will use it to measure the distance off the tee. On #9 today, I decided to measure my 3H off the tee. To my surprise when I downloaded the data to Garmin connect, the hole score was blue with an underline like it was hyperlinked,

I decided to click the link and it brought up a map with the shot location and distance. I have never seen this before. I did update my Garmin Express today.

So this may not be new to you, but it was to me. I have taken many measurements before, but this is the first that had the map (or at least that I noticed). I must say that I liked it and would love to have every shot from the round. But I am not about to try and measure each shot manually. I guess that's what the CT10 (or Arcoss and others) are for. Would be nice if the CT10 would link with the G8, I might consider it. But I don't want to buy and wear a watch.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", KBS CT Tour Putter Matte Black, Sense S1 grip
Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
Post edited by dbdors on

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,912 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 6, 2019 2:24am #2

I just looked at some of my older score cards and the few that have measurements are showing the same thing. So I guess this was a change in Garmin Connect Golf. So I must have missed that memo.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", KBS CT Tour Putter Matte Black, Sense S1 grip
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file