GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, Scotland 26-29 Sep 2019

OldTomMorris ·  
OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,203Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees

Still three weeks away yet but the field is shaping up very nicely with four more players announced today.

Confirmed: Rory McIlory, Justin Rose, Jon Rahm, Tommy Fleetwood, Shane Lowry, Tony Finau, Tyrrell Hatton, Lee Westwood, Lucas Bjerregaard, Martin Kaymer, Ernie Els, Padraig Harrington

Posted:
Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x

Comments

• Mick DouglasMick Douglas Members  333WRX Points: 74Posts: 333 Greens

Shocked to see Rahm playing, not sure if he's played this before so interesting to see how he handles the cold conditions off all 3 courses,

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21717WRX Points: 5,715Posts: 21,717 ClubWRX

Any updates on The Memorial?

Posted:
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,203Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

Nick Price Selected 2020 Memorial Tournament Honoree; Gene Littler and Ted Ray to be honored posthumously.
    Best to check the website - https://thememorialtournament.com - rather than post in the discussion for a tournament in Scotland.

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21717WRX Points: 5,715Posts: 21,717 ClubWRX

On -, @OldTomMorris said:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

Nick Price Selected 2020 Memorial Tournament Honoree; Gene Littler and Ted Ray to be honored posthumously.
    Best to check the website - https://thememorialtournament.com - rather than post in the discussion for a tournament in Scotland.

Just figured as long as we are looking so far ahead. ;-)

Posted:
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,203Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

On -, @OldTomMorris said:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

Just figured as long as we are looking so far ahead

It’s less than 3 weeks till the Dunhill with lots of news regarding the field.

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4936WRX Points: 627Posts: 4,936 Titanium Tees

What a field! Can't wait.

Hatton was so close to a three-peat last year. He kind of needs a strong tournament result soon.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MolemanMoleman Members  593WRX Points: 118Handicap: 12Posts: 593 Golden Tee

On -, @Mick Douglas said:

Shocked to see Rahm playing, not sure if he's played this before so interesting to see how he handles the cold conditions off all 3 courses,

He’s won the Irish open twice so he can definitely handle the conditions ok, couple of the days in Portstewart were fairly wet and nasty, (the only days I was there :( )

Posted:
  • md1mmd1m Members  801WRX Points: 99Posts: 801 Golden Tee

One of my favorite events of the year on any tour. I can't wait either. Would love to go see it in person (live in TX).

Posted:
    Clubs are fluid
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6298WRX Points: 1,746Handicap: 3Posts: 6,298 Titanium Tees

Hotel booked and heading down from the Saturday and Sunday. Hoping that it is not going to be too cold.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees

How can you skip such an event is beyond my comprehension. Fantastic week ahead!

Posted:
  • ALIFALIF ArizonaMembers  2810WRX Points: 370Posts: 2,810 Titanium Tees

Someday I will go!

Posted:
    $$$$

Advertisement
  • LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers  2011WRX Points: 209Posts: 2,011 Platinum Tees

One of my favourite events to watch. Really loving the PGA at Wentworth this week too. Seeing the West course is bright autumn sunshine takes me back to the classic World Matchplay contests of the 80s with Seve, Lyle, Faldo etc.

Posted:
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6298WRX Points: 1,746Handicap: 3Posts: 6,298 Titanium Tees

On -, @Langlands said:

One of my favourite events to watch. Really loving the PGA at Wentworth this week too. Seeing the West course is bright autumn sunshine takes me back to the classic World Matchplay contests of the 80s with Seve, Lyle, Faldo etc.

That is exactly what I was saying the other today. Looks so so good on TV.

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Posted:

Baby jesus really likes this Carnoustie course...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • CattyCatty AustraliaMembers  127WRX Points: 101Handicap: 6.3Posts: 127 Fairways

I’m with DJ on this one. Different language you got to learn just to watch a hot chick on YouTube.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist D905
    Titleist Tour Model 2 thru PW
    Titleist Vokey 52, 56
    Odessey
    [/font]
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members  1512WRX Points: 316Posts: 1,512 Platinum Tees

Luke Donald is at 5 under through 4 holes. That's a pretty good start I'd say!

Posted:
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8546WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 8,546 Titanium Tees

Gerry McIlroy has a really nice golf swing. The lad has a lot to thank to his old man.

Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • Body_VisionsBody_Visions Members  2560WRX Points: 153Posts: 2,560 Titanium Tees

On -, @gvogel said:

Gerry McIlroy has a really nice golf swing. The lad has a lot to thank to his old man.

Did anyone hear them talking about their match in the practice round? Rory gave him four a side. I figured it would be more than that.

Posted:
  • Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members  185WRX Points: 76Handicap: 1Posts: 185 Fairways

On -, @gvogel said:

Couldn't it be that Rory taught him how to have a better swing than he had in the past? (Gave him the resources - access to elite golf monitoring systems, etc).

Posted:
    Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

Advertisement
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8546WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 8,546 Titanium Tees

On -, @Golf Scientist said:

On -, @gvogel said:

Couldn't it be that Rory taught him how to have a better swing than he had in the past? (Gave him the resources - access to elite golf monitoring systems, etc).

On -, @gvogel said:

No sir; that kind of smooth and flexibility is God given talent. Rory just has more of it. I grew up watching kids swing like their fathers. Dads with really good swings had sons with really good swings. My own Dad thought it was because the kids emulated their fathers (or occasionally mothers). I think it’s more genetic than that. Born with talent; then you have to work hard to perfect it.

Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4936WRX Points: 627Posts: 4,936 Titanium Tees

Hatton near the top the leaderboard at his tournament yet again.

He needs a good finish.

Posted:

Justin Rose was -8 through 9 hole! To be fair, conditions are pretty benign but these guys just rip up Kingsbarns and The Old Course when they get the chance.

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1431WRX Points: 450Posts: 1,431 Platinum Tees

On -, @gvogel said:

On -, @gvogel said:

On -, @gvogel said:

No sir; that kind of smooth and flexibility is God given talent. Rory just has more of it. I grew up watching kids swing like their fathers. Dads with really good swings had sons with really good swings. My own Dad thought it was because the kids emulated their fathers (or occasionally mothers). I think it’s more genetic than that. Born with talent; then you have to work hard to perfect it.

Completely agree. Swing changes/tips don't bless you with what you describe above.

Posted:
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  684WRX Points: 818Posts: 684 Golden Tee

On -, @gvogel said:

Rory's dad was/is a scratch golfer. So likely a bit of the other way around. ;)

That said, this tournament is a tour of the courses I played on my trip to Scotland back in June and watching it is making me really nostalgic.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS3 Hybrid 22°
    PXG 0211 5-PW
    Miura 52°, 56°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3596WRX Points: 455Posts: 3,596 Titanium Tees

A sad reflection of what is was. The three man team international event was great and had some epic matches. Now we have celebrities and three courses set up for a ladies veterans event.

Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29437WRX Points: 6,325Posts: 29,437 Titanium Tees

Finau a lighting it up and has an eagle putt....

Oof, makes par. Still One back.

Hey, JTimberlake is there, lol.

Posted:

Victor Perez killing it at the moment.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3596WRX Points: 455Posts: 3,596 Titanium Tees

Not difficult with the soft conditions and celeb pin positions. I hope the wind blows tomorrow to set a decent challenge.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.