GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Anyone know how much is the orginal weight plate from ping g400 weigh?

kolomoia ·  
kolomoiakolomoia Members  29WRX Points: 9Posts: 29 Bunkers

I just bought ping g400 with the plate stated 7 grams and it's total head weight with sleeve is just 200 grams instead of around 206(according from ping website). so what I was wondering is, is it because the original weight plate is 7, 10 or 13 grams? Or is it depends on the place where it sold (Asian and us spec) ?
Would be very appreciate for the info. Thank you and sorry for my bad English.
Ps. I need head weight to be over 210 grams to play in 43.25 inches total length.

Posted:

Comments

• NoFancyUsername.NoFancyUsername. Members  535WRX Points: 128Posts: 535 Golden Tee

Original weight is 7gms.
    After market then have 10, 13, 16 and 18.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 4cowboys4cowboys Members  498WRX Points: 89Posts: 498 Greens

When I bought my g400 max, it had the 10gm weight. when I called Ping to ask about "standard weight" they told me there wasn't a standard, it just depends on the head when its made, some maybe 7 or some could be 10, or 13 to meet specs, but he said usually no more than 13 unless it's custom ordered.

Posted:
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 564Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

Mine is 18g, but I had them cut it down to 44.5”. For 43.25” you will need a huge weight in there.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • kolomoiakolomoia Members  29WRX Points: 9Posts: 29 Bunkers

Thank you very much!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.