***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

The golfing lottery

HonestPlayer ·  
HonestPlayerHonestPlayer Members  264WRX Points: 97Posts: 264 Greens

Earlier I hit a ball into the trees on my second stroke. Bushes waiting below to eat up any golf balls.

I hit a provisional into an unplayable ditch as my fourth shot. Had to take a penalty drop. I was playing 6 from 50 yards with the provisional. Then pulled the approach shot into the rough just off the green. I walked up laughing that if I found the original I would be playing 3 from the bushes instead of 8 from the rough. I ended up on the dance floor after four shots. Tough shot from the bushes advanced 5 yards. Chipped on with a PW from rough, putt left for bogey. I would have been putting on my ninth stroke if I didn't find my original ball.

Anyone else got a similar tale to tell to this?

Posted:

Most birdies in a round in 2019 - 3
Holes in ones career - 1
Split Grip Birdie COUNTER - 1

Comments

• MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm MassachusettsMembers  1079WRX Points: 223Handicap: 2 (index = 2.3)Posts: 1,079 Platinum Tees

Okay, so you hit a provisional ball, then you played another stroke with what was your provisional ball? Sorry, it’s no longer a provisional ball, it’s the ball in play. I’m happy that you found your first ball, but it’s no longer the ball in play. In fact, you could face further penalties for “practicing” with that ball while completing the hole.

😉

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11598WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,598 Titanium Tees

Par 5, downhill tee shot, pulled it into the trees. I hear it hit hard, and see the ball pop out into the middle of the fairway.
    Get up to the ball, and it's in a divot.

True story.

Posted:
  • StrömsborgStrömsborg StockholmMembers  597WRX Points: 170Handicap: 2.8Posts: 597 Golden Tee

On -, @Moonlightgrm said:

Okay, so you hit a provisional ball, then you played another stroke with what was your provisional ball? Sorry, it’s no longer a provisional ball, it’s the ball in play. I’m happy that you found your first ball, but it’s no longer the ball in play. In fact, you could face further penalties for “practicing” with that ball while completing the hole.

😉

Its legal to play your provisional until you hit it past your first ball.
    It's not practical to go look for your 300 yard first drive and then, if you don't find it, go back to play your fourth shot on that provisional ball that didn't make it past the ladies tee.

Posted:
    Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?

Titleist 910 8.5°
    TM SLDR S 17°
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° and 24°
    Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
    Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?
  • HonestPlayerHonestPlayer Members  264WRX Points: 97Posts: 264 Greens

On -, @Strömsborg said:

😉

It's not practical to go look for your 300 yard first drive and then, if you don't find it, go back to play your fourth shot on that provisional ball that didn't make it past the ladies tee.

Definitely. The practical thing to do was keep hitting the provisional until I got to the first ball.

Posted:

Holes in ones career - 1

• mlaingmlaing Members  59WRX Points: 70Posts: 59 Bunkers

This is interesting... I was playing in a tournament and on a pretty severe dogleg right I hit what I thought was a pretty massive push slice in trying to cut the dogleg... I hit a provisional with a hybrid as opposed to my driver original shot so it was much shorter. We looked all up the right rough never finding it then I went back to play my provisional... upon hitting it and heading up the fairway we found my original tee shot and my playing partners denied that could even though it was much further than any of us had looked was definitely a deflating moment and turned a birdie or sure par in a double or triple bogey.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F9 9* with Fujikura Atmos 7X
    5 Wood -
    Hybrid - Adams Super LS 23*
    5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
    7 - PW - Srixon Z745
    Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
    Putter - Evnroll ER9.2 33 inches
  • MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm MassachusettsMembers  1079WRX Points: 223Handicap: 2 (index = 2.3)Posts: 1,079 Platinum Tees

On -, @Strömsborg said:

😉

Of course. I expected, with all of those swings, he had passed his original ball. “My bad”!

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Strömsborg said:

😉

Of course. I expected, with all of those swings, he had passed his original ball. “My bad”!

That was made clear in the original post. You are being obtuse. You and the moderators know this. You deserve to get called out. Peace.

Posted:

Holes in ones career - 1

On -, @HonestPlayer said:

On -, @Strömsborg said:

😉

That was made clear in the original post. You are being obtuse. You and the moderators know this. You deserve to get called out. Peace.

If that was made clear from your original post, I’d like to have a word with your English teacher.
    Peace

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

On -, @Strömsborg said:

😉

If that was made clear from your original post, I’d like to have a word with your English teacher.
    Peace

removed

Posted:
  • GautamaGautama Members  823WRX Points: 208Handicap: 9Posts: 823 Golden Tee

On -, @Strömsborg said:

😉

Gotta say it wasn't clear at all pal, and you're the one making unnecessary, snarky jabs. Sorry, deserves to be called out...

Posted:
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • CrushSticksCrushSticks Members  676WRX Points: 137Posts: 676 Golden Tee

Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you advance a provisional past where the original might lay and still play the original, so long as you haven’t played a stroke with the provisional from beyond the point where the original is found?

Posted:
    Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
    Adams Tight Lies 3-16
    Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
    Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
    Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
    Vokey SM 09 56
    Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

Advertisement

I won't be back.

Posted:

Holes in ones career - 1

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1757WRX Points: 401Posts: 1,757 Platinum Tees

I won't be back.

We've all had some that jump on our posts. I certainly have. Don't let it dampen your feel for the forum. Lots of good people here and lots of great knowledge.

Posted:
  • GautamaGautama Members  823WRX Points: 208Handicap: 9Posts: 823 Golden Tee

My post was probably unnecessarily glib and it's not even my fight, but while your original post was fine and a funny story (once I got it sorted out), I also read it as you went back to the original ball. When moonlight simply said he misunderstood, you kinda took his head off, lol. Anyway, apologies if I came off harsh, just kinda felt like a "well you started it" situation.

Posted:
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.