GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Scotty T22 - disappointing?

 cnnmaverick ·  
cnnmaverickcnnmaverick Members  138WRX Points: 79Posts: 138 Fairways
Joined:  in Putters #1

So I bought three of the limited edition T22 putters that were just released, knowing how much I loved the original Tel3 putters.
Having had them for a week and a half - I gotta say I am a little disappointed. The heascocer is somewhat cheap and the writing on it gaudy. But my main gripe is the feel. I had assumed a milled copper face and elastomer was going to be soft (compared to a BB) but all putters are really clicky and almost hard feeling. For as much as they made this out to be special, it doesn't feel any better - in fact I would call it worse - than a regular SS Scotty.

I do like that I don't need to oil it every single round but even that bothers me slightly, it was just something very special about that carbon sheen on the original...

Anyone else got the same feel that the release was not all it could have been?

Posted:
«13
3

Comments

  • tommyguntommygun Members  29WRX Points: 34Posts: 29 Bunkers
    Joined:  #2

    Love mine

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Speltz14Speltz14 Members  25WRX Points: 20Posts: 25 Bunkers
    Joined:  #3

    On -, @tommygun said:

    Love mine

    Same here

    Posted:
  • ckayckay Members  4662WRX Points: 732Posts: 4,662 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #4

    I like mine too.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members  4899WRX Points: 538Posts: 4,899 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5

    Not disappointing whatsoever.

    I think the feel is great. I agree that the headcover is pretty cheap, but as far as the putter goes, it’s Cameron’s best release in a LONG time for me.

    Posted:
  • Smada962Smada962 Members  181WRX Points: 148Posts: 181 Fairways
    Joined:  #6

    Love mine. No complaints here

    Posted:
  • KensingtonParkKensingtonPark Members  58WRX Points: 76Posts: 58 Bunkers
    Joined:  #7

    Same. My Dad, wife and I each got one, and we love ours. We don’t use the headcovers that come with our putters, so the headcover complaint wouldn’t apply to us.

    Posted:

    Titleist TS2 8.5 VA Composites Raijin 64 S
    Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 3 wood
    Miura MB-001 (3-P) Nippon NS Pro 1050GH
    Miura Tour Wedges (54, 58)
    33" Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2 Putter

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • erikroerikro Massachusetts Members  693WRX Points: 165Posts: 693 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #8

    I agree about the cover but I am enjoying the putter

    Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2811WRX Points: 988Posts: 2,811 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    Posted:
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2245WRX Points: 364Posts: 2,245 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    It’s a limited release putter that cost 599 before taxes etc. Sure it’s first world problems. But he’s got every right to voice his disappointment about it once he had it in hand.

    Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3497WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,497 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #11

    Im not a scotty fan at all, but do recognize when he does nice work. I also hate the script and the quantity of script on the putter, but you saw thst before buying!
    Regardless, when spending $599 on a putter it can be easy to be disappointed. If you were looking for a nice soft putter, you could have spent $129 on a Cleveland HB Soft and had the same performance.
    Scotty made these for the nostalgia, knew they would sell like hotcakes, and they did.

    Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • ckayckay Members  4662WRX Points: 732Posts: 4,662 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12

    The headcover gripe is reasonable. There hasn’t been a single Cameron cover made that feels as cheap and flimsy as this one. I thought it was just a complaint to complain when I first heard it during release time but when mine came in I was like “Wow! A legitimate complaint from WRX!”

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • fkim011fkim011 Official Club Whore Irvine, CaliforniaMembers  811WRX Points: 135Posts: 811 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #13

    The insert has never been soft. I have a buttonback, original Tei3 and two versions of the T22 and they all are pretty firm.

    Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2811WRX Points: 988Posts: 2,811 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @BYK said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    It’s a limited release putter that cost 599 before taxes etc. Sure it’s first world problems. But he’s got every right to voice his disappointment about it once he had it in hand.

    Of course he has the the right to complain as I do the right to criticize a complaint. Complaining about scripting post purchase is just complaining to complain since that was a known entity before release date. Scotty stock covers aren’t that great...limited release but still an otr putter...expecting a tour level cover or something better than stock is over expecting

    Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9369WRX Points: 3,002Posts: 9,369 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15

    The cover does feel cheap compared to all the other scotty covers I have, but I love the putter! I have the FB1.5 and it's perfect, the global release is $800+ and getting a custom flow neck on a OTR fastback will cost you the same $500-600.

    Posted:
  • mac_the_knifemac_the_knife Members  151WRX Points: 85Posts: 151 Fairways
    Joined:  #16

    Loving my Newport 34, so much so that I bought a second one and put it away for future use. So much nicer than my regular 2019 Newport.

    Posted:
  • BlazerrcBlazerrc Members  43WRX Points: 41Handicap: 4Posts: 43 Bunkers
    Joined:  #17

    I’ve loved mine as well! Had 29 putts on the course today. As far as it being clicky I think that has a lot to do with the ball you use. Putt a callaway super soft w/ it and you’ll think you just hit a marshmallow

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cnnmaverickcnnmaverick Members  138WRX Points: 79Posts: 138 Fairways
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @BYK said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    It’s a limited release putter that cost 599 before taxes etc. Sure it’s first world problems. But he’s got every right to voice his disappointment about it once he had it in hand.

    Of course he has the the right to complain as I do the right to criticize a complaint. Complaining about scripting post purchase is just complaining to complain since that was a known entity before release date. Scotty stock covers aren’t that great...limited release but still an otr putter...expecting a tour level cover or something better than stock is over expecting

    No need to explain. This is a forum for golf opinions. I stated mine and you gave yours. Not sure why we call it "criticizing" already - just a difference of opinion?

    Posted:
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Members  717WRX Points: 114Posts: 717 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #19

    Love mine and my old man loves his. We were lucky in that we could try before we bought them. The feel is lovely and pure. Also just to point out to the OP, the insert isn’t copper it’s teryllium.

    The head cover comment I do agree with, the quality is poor. I personally like the look of it but it feels so thin and I’m not a fan of the Velcro. Thankfully I never use original headcovers on my putters as I still have St. Andrews covers from my time at university which are better quality and, more importantly, magnetic.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Evenflow Blue
    Ping G 17.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G410 4-UW
    Vokey SM7 56°/14° and 60°/10°
    Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1x

    Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • MCP_2013MCP_2013 Members  81WRX Points: 83Posts: 81 Fairways
    Joined:  #20

    Love mine but had to drop the weight 10g

    Posted:
  • wrbush31wrbush31 Members  1372WRX Points: 180Posts: 1,372 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #21

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    First world problems? Any complaint about golf is a first world problem - especially limited edition expensive putters. He’s hardly making a claim that he’s entitled to anything and his natural rights as a living human are being violated. He’s saying he’s disappointed in an investment.

    By coming onto WRX and making a gripe of anything golf related, it’s a first world problem. Put life in the correct perspective.

    Posted:
    WITB 2/3/16:
    Driver - Golf club
    3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
    Irons - More Golf clubs
    Wedges - Knives
    Putter - wrench
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2811WRX Points: 988Posts: 2,811 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @wrbush31 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    First world problems? Any complaint about golf is a first world problem - especially limited edition expensive putters. He’s hardly making a claim that he’s entitled to anything and his natural rights as a living human are being violated. He’s saying he’s disappointed in an investment.

    By coming onto WRX and making a gripe of anything golf related, it’s a first world problem. Put life in the correct perspective.

    And when creating a thread to complain about a product that has several threads already it’s a “hey look at me” type attention grab. Could have easily went into one of those threads to provide feedback

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Fairway14Fairway14 Members  377WRX Points: 133Posts: 377 Greens
    Joined:  #23

    The original TEi3 had a head weight of 330 grams.>

    On -, @pascoe said:

    Love mine but had to drop the weight 10g

    Which weights did you use to drop weight and is the head now 330 grams ?

    Posted:
  • cnnmaverickcnnmaverick Members  138WRX Points: 79Posts: 138 Fairways
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wrbush31 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

    Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

    First world problems? Any complaint about golf is a first world problem - especially limited edition expensive putters. He’s hardly making a claim that he’s entitled to anything and his natural rights as a living human are being violated. He’s saying he’s disappointed in an investment.

    By coming onto WRX and making a gripe of anything golf related, it’s a first world problem. Put life in the correct perspective.

    And when creating a thread to complain about a product that has several threads already it’s a “hey look at me” type attention grab. Could have easily went into one of those threads to provide feedback

    Dude seriously what's your problem??? I posted something I had noticed and wanted to know what others thought? As I had previously mentioned I didnt see your first post as "criticism" even though that was clearly your intention?

    If you get so worked up about a post - even though in a subsequent post I had clearly mentioned that it's just a mere discussion then here's a novel idea - DISREGARD THE POST AND MOVE ON. As far as I am concerned the mods can close this thread as you did a good job of turning a general post/comment of mine into an asinine thread back and forth.

    I want to sincerely thank you for being another pleasant example of why Golfwrx used to be a lot more pleasant than what it is now - well done

    Posted:
  • rufus manglerrufus mangler Members  1775WRX Points: 189Posts: 1,775 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #25

    and now... back to the Putter Forum.

    Posted:

    Titleist 915 8.5 (7.25) / 915 16.5 (17.25) / 910 21 (20.25), 24.0 (24) / Srixon 745 5-PW / Vokey SM6 52f (51), 56f, 60v / SC PP DelMar 3.5 or Cleveland HB 11.

    Stiff shafts, GP 360's and Crossline Blacks. No glove.

  • Commack350ZCommack350Z Members  89WRX Points: 110Posts: 89 Fairways
    Joined:  #26

    I feel very lucky to snatch a NP2 and it has been great so far. This putter is soft and I notice it more when I hit longer putts. I never spent $600 for a putter before but this was worth every penny for me.

    Posted:
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members  1506WRX Points: 265Posts: 1,506 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @cnnmaverick said:

    So I bought three of the limited edition T22 putters that were just released, knowing how much I loved the original Tel3 putters.
    Having had them for a week and a half - I gotta say I am a little disappointed. The heascocer is somewhat cheap and the writing on it gaudy. But my main gripe is the feel. I had assumed a milled copper face and elastomer was going to be soft (compared to a BB) but all putters are really clicky and almost hard feeling. For as much as they made this out to be special, it doesn't feel any better - in fact I would call it worse - than a regular SS Scotty.

    I do like that I don't need to oil it every single round but even that bothers me slightly, it was just something very special about that carbon sheen on the original...

    Anyone else got the same feel that the release was not all it could have been?

    Scotty did put out a nicer version, it's available through his 2 tour putter distributors and his 2 galleries for 3K.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members  4899WRX Points: 538Posts: 4,899 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @BottleCap said:

    On -, @cnnmaverick said:

    So I bought three of the limited edition T22 putters that were just released, knowing how much I loved the original Tel3 putters.
    Having had them for a week and a half - I gotta say I am a little disappointed. The heascocer is somewhat cheap and the writing on it gaudy. But my main gripe is the feel. I had assumed a milled copper face and elastomer was going to be soft (compared to a BB) but all putters are really clicky and almost hard feeling. For as much as they made this out to be special, it doesn't feel any better - in fact I would call it worse - than a regular SS Scotty.

    I do like that I don't need to oil it every single round but even that bothers me slightly, it was just something very special about that carbon sheen on the original...

    Anyone else got the same feel that the release was not all it could have been?

    Scotty did put out a nicer version, it's available through his 2 tour putter distributors and his 2 galleries for 3K.

    They look like the exact same putters as the LE to me.

    Actually a bit worse IMO. The tour’s sole is better but the bumper engraving just looks odd.

    Posted:
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2245WRX Points: 364Posts: 2,245 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @BottleCap said:

    On -, @cnnmaverick said:

    So I bought three of the limited edition T22 putters that were just released, knowing how much I loved the original Tel3 putters.
    Having had them for a week and a half - I gotta say I am a little disappointed. The heascocer is somewhat cheap and the writing on it gaudy. But my main gripe is the feel. I had assumed a milled copper face and elastomer was going to be soft (compared to a BB) but all putters are really clicky and almost hard feeling. For as much as they made this out to be special, it doesn't feel any better - in fact I would call it worse - than a regular SS Scotty.

    I do like that I don't need to oil it every single round but even that bothers me slightly, it was just something very special about that carbon sheen on the original...

    Anyone else got the same feel that the release was not all it could have been?

    Scotty did put out a nicer version, it's available through his 2 tour putter distributors and his 2 galleries for 3K.

    Curious as to why you feel it's nicer?
    I actually prefer the naked bumpers on the OTR version.
    sole is nicer on the tour version I definitely agree on that

    Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • george49george49 ClubWRX  295WRX Points: 87Posts: 295 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #30

    My only issue is now I want a Newport to go along with my fastback. Putter feels good

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • HackZoganHackZogan Members  102WRX Points: 45Handicap: 8Posts: 102 Fairways
    Joined:  #31

    On -, @pascoe said:

    Love mine but had to drop the weight 10g

    You have the heavier weights you removed? I bought a 35" but have since cut it down to my preferred 32.5" and want some heavier weights than the 10g weights it came with...

    Posted:
3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.