Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Scotty T22 - disappointing?

2»

Comments

• T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think the putter feels great. I didn't notice much of a difference between the T22, my BB, or my original TeI3's.
    Agree on the cover though. My velcro on my Newport is already wearing out and I've only gamed it 4 times. Definitely could have made the cover better.

• wrbush31wrbush31 Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GoGoErky said:

@wrbush31 said:

@GoGoErky said:
    Love mine too and the feel/sound is great

Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

First world problems? Any complaint about golf is a first world problem - especially limited edition expensive putters. He’s hardly making a claim that he’s entitled to anything and his natural rights as a living human are being violated. He’s saying he’s disappointed in an investment.

By coming onto WRX and making a gripe of anything golf related, it’s a first world problem. Put life in the correct perspective.

And when creating a thread to complain about a product that has several threads already it’s a “hey look at me” type attention grab. Could have easily went into one of those threads to provide feedback

That has nothing to do with world problems. That’s just you being annoyed on a golf forum discussing a luxury putter. That’s more of a first world problem than someone having a discussion amongst a community gathered to discuss similar things where he happened to dislike a putter cover. Again, the very nature of any negative commentary toward a product here is a first world problem. We aren’t discussing his ability to find clean water or feed his family.

WITB 2/3/16:
    Driver - Golf club
    3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
    Irons - More Golf clubs
    Wedges - Knives
    Putter - wrench
  • fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm very disappointed....they still have not arrived in Australia. Talk about dragging it out!

Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid
    Mizuno Wave GTX
    Nike TW14 Masters 
    Nike React Vapor 2

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Vokey SM7 wedges
    TM TP Mullen putter
  • toddba11toddba11 Moonlight Mile Members Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, I have the Fastback 35” new for up $650 shipped...

In the Bag:
    Driver - Titleist 915 D2 - Tensei White CK Pro Mitsubishi Rayon 70S, 45"
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 13.5 Rogue 75S
    Irons: 4 - PW Callaway Apex MBs 2018 - DG TI 120 S400 +1"
    3 Cobra Iron Utility Black with KBS $120 Shaft +1"
    PW: Vokey 7M 46,52 (both F grind),60 (M grind) degree. SW: Ping I10
    Hybrid: Cobra F7
    Putter: TP Mills High Toe ONE or TP Mills Bull Elf
    Ball: Pro V or Bridgestone RSX
    Bag: 2018 Sun Mountain C-130
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take it!

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • j.a.j.a. Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@fredstar said:
    Yeah I'm very disappointed....they still have not arrived in Australia. Talk about dragging it out!

Good luck with that mate, a couple of collectors I know get those LE from the US as most of the time they don’t make their way Down Under.

By the way, will someone post a photo of the headcover please?

• erikroerikro Massachusetts Members Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • j.a.j.a. Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@erikro said:

Thank you!
    Now I understand the feeling about it 😦
    SC is famous for so many gorgeous headcovers, but I reckon he could do it better this time.
    Who knows if the T22 comes to Australia. The Pro Shop used to get one or two LE in the past when the past owner was a big collector but in these days are only OTR.

• fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@j.a. said:

@fredstar said:

Good luck with that mate, a couple of collectors I know get those LE from the US as most of the time they don’t make their way Down Under.

By the way, will someone post a photo of the headcover please?

Definitely coming to Australia, but have been delayed by Titleist until mid Sep delivery. I have a Fastback and Newport on order.

Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid
    Mizuno Wave GTX
    Nike TW14 Masters 
    Nike React Vapor 2

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Vokey SM7 wedges
    TM TP Mullen putter
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2019 3:52am #41

@GoGoErky said:

@wrbush31 said:

@GoGoErky said:

Complaining about scripting or headcover is #firstworldproblems and complaining about he writing post purchase is a little funny since we all saw pics of it before release.

First world problems? Any complaint about golf is a first world problem - especially limited edition expensive putters. He’s hardly making a claim that he’s entitled to anything and his natural rights as a living human are being violated. He’s saying he’s disappointed in an investment.

By coming onto WRX and making a gripe of anything golf related, it’s a first world problem. Put life in the correct perspective.

And when creating a thread to complain about a product that has several threads already it’s a “hey look at me” type attention grab. Could have easily went into one of those threads to provide feedback

Sommmmmmmmebody's worried this will hurt the market value of their putter....

I can see it now -
    BST seller has product in hand, "Ok, just got my 600$ putter in the mail from Titleist, time to see what the going rate is on eBay". Seller prices putter around $1k, looking for a nice payday, when all of a sudden a thread "negative" thread pops up in the Wrx putter forum....

Grab your popcorn.

'16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭

@A.Princey said:

@GoGoErky said:

@wrbush31 said:

@GoGoErky said:

I can see it now -
    BST seller has product in hand, "Ok, just got my 600$ putter in the mail from Titleist, time to see what the going rate is on eBay". Seller prices putter around $1k, looking for a nice payday, when all of a sudden a thread "negative" thread pops up in the Wrx putter forum....

Grab your popcorn.

I’m not selling mine so this doesn’t bother me, but I’ve just been on the bay and if you type in t22 and filter by sold, they aren’t selling for anywhere near $1k. There’s plenty selling for less than the in store price of $599 or people have taken best offers. This isn’t a putter people are making huge profits on according to eBay history.

If anyone is on the fence I’d just game it, as the value isn’t going up currently.

Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Ping G 17.5° with Tour 80
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-PW
    Ping Tour W 50°
    Vokey SM7 56°/14° and 60°/10°
    Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1x

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • wely324wely324 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

I’m not selling mine so this doesn’t bother me, but I’ve just been on the bay and if you type in t22 and filter by sold, they aren’t selling for anywhere near $1k. There’s plenty selling for less than the in store price of $599 or people have taken best offers. This isn’t a putter people are making huge profits on according to eBay history.

If anyone is on the fence I’d just game it, as the value isn’t going up currently.

Some probably flipped the putters for a few bucks the first week they were released, but now the market is flooded with them. I hope people who snatched up the pre orders just to sell them end up losing money.

• BaddsBadds Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2019 7:15am #44

I was at my Golf Galaxy earlier this week and they had one NP2, two Newports, and one Fastback on the rack.

I'm sad to say that people who paid an aftermarket premium wasted their money.

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@A.Princey said:

@GoGoErky said:

@wrbush31 said:

@GoGoErky said:

I can see it now -

Grab your popcorn.

Not selling mine and it’s been in the bag for my last 2 rounds. And as several of us stated early on the secondary market wasn’t going to be there so those who sold early gig lucky. Anyone looking to buy and make a few bucks now are out of luck

• BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

took my Newport out for it's first round today
    liked it quite a lot, just wish it didn't have a sight line lol

Yadi for President
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

LOL spoke too fast
    gamed it for 9 holes today, elastomer around the insert is falling out.
    Bought it from Golf Galaxy
    they won't do anything about. Guess this is why I read all the stuff about Golf Galaxy.
    Going to contact Titleist on Monday. Nice lol.

Yadi for President
  • jak77jak77 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

Felt great on my putting mat at home. First round with it wasnt so good. Felt a bit heavy as I was used to playing a much lighter NP2 pro platinum. I have a 34in NP2 T22. Switched out the 15g weights for 10g ones this saturday and putted much better. I'm liking it a lot now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file